Replies: 10395
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:27:42 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

Ventured out to Popeye's chicken for lunch

Started by Superchecker, June 01, 2019, 05:19:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

I went into a Popeye's in Barrie today. Super busy. I had spicy tenders. I am not into fast food, but not bad.

cc

QuoteHave you tried Carl's Jr yet. They are Hardee's in the US.

Not into fast food but when traveling  interstates we found Arby's to be very good. Buns filled high with juicy roast beef slices were always excellent

I don't consider slices off a huge slow cooked roast to be "fast food" where burgs are prepared beforehand and oil used for fries is not good for you oils

As for deep fried battered chicken, you gotta be kidding
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"

Not into fast food but when traveling  interstates we found Arby's to be very good. Buns filled high with juicy roast beef slices were always excellent

I don't consider slices off a huge slow cooked roast to be "fast food" where burgs are prepared beforehand and oil used for fries is not good for you oils

Shen Li isn't kidding.

:laugh:

Berry Sweet

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"I have a weak spot for A&W onion rings.

They're battered and deep fried too..

But, once in a while shouldn't be a problem.

Anonymous

I aint into fast food either. I like an elk burger or kolbassa over an open flame with fresh cu onions and mustard. But, I don't eat fries or anything battered and fried.

Anonymous

I make pan fried chicken once in a while.

Anonymous

I won't touch fried chicken either.

Anonymous

Anonymous

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"I think Arby's uses processed meat.

I have never been in one that I can remember.

ac_umm

cc

Could be now. I recall watching the beef being sliced off a large mouthwatering roast and place it piled high on buns with the same huge knife. That impressed me they were the bomb at that time .. a ways back in time

I saw an article where Subway "meat" was tested at various and far apart locations. 50% meat in processed at best for all stores tested.
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Could be now. I recall watching the beef being sliced off a large mouthwatering roast and place it piled high on buns with the same huge knife. That impressed me they were the bomb at that time .. a ways back in time

I saw an article where Subway "meat" was tested at various and far apart locations. 50% meat in processed at best for all stores tested.

I remember reading a couple of years ago that the chicken they use is not entirely chicken.

ac_wot