Anonymous

Quote from: "Zetsu"
Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "iron horse jockey"
Quote from: "Bricktop"As you grow older, and the aches and pains grow more prominent, you begin to fear going to the doctor.

You're then faced with odd conflicting emotions; do I suddenly get all health conscious to extend my life a little, or do I just live to the fullest and go out with a bang.

Your head certainly changes with your body.

I guess it's not as easy as I wish it was.  ac_unsure  But I'm sure it's possible to live life close to it's fullest but being very healthy at the same time.

I have done a complete reversal in lifestyle over the past fifteen years. I was an alcoholic and a smoker back then. I didn't get enough exercise and I didn't eat properly. Now, it's all about healthy, active living.

No doubt you have managed a huge break through in life... sadly I still know quite a number of people still couldn't quit their old habits and have perished b/c of this.  IMO nothing is more precious than a fit health and spending time with your family and friends, my dad always says it's better to prevent than regret once we all get very old one day, hence that's when all the health's issue will begin to surface and our family will have to spend a lot of time and money looking after us.

Your dad is right Zetsu.

I have to agree too with him on this, I still remember the past 3 years before my grandma passed away my dad and uncle payed $2000USD a day just for her to stay at a private hospital in HK, like my father always says when one person is in pain, the whole family all suffers together.

Oh my goodness Zetsu..

How long was her stay?

She stayed there for about 1 and a half year, it surely wasn't cheap imo but to my dad he only had one mother and wanted the very best for her.

I understand and if we could afford it, we too would spend $1.1 million USD.

Zetsu

Quote from: "Bricktop"As you grow older, and the aches and pains grow more prominent, you begin to fear going to the doctor.

You're then faced with odd conflicting emotions; do I suddenly get all health conscious to extend my life a little, or do I just live to the fullest and go out with a bang.

I guess it's not as easy as I wish it was.  ac_unsure  But I'm sure it's possible to live life close to it's fullest but being very healthy at the same time.

I have done a complete reversal in lifestyle over the past fifteen years. I was an alcoholic and a smoker back then. I didn't get enough exercise and I didn't eat properly. Now, it's all about healthy, active living.

No doubt you have managed a huge break through in life... sadly I still know quite a number of people still couldn't quit their old habits and have perished b/c of this.  IMO nothing is more precious than a fit health and spending time with your family and friends, my dad always says it's better to prevent than regret once we all get very old one day, hence that's when all the health's issue will begin to surface and our family will have to spend a lot of time and money looking after us.

Your dad is right Zetsu.

I have to agree too with him on this, I still remember the past 3 years before my grandma passed away my dad and uncle payed $2000USD a day just for her to stay at a private hospital in HK, like my father always says when one person is in pain, the whole family all suffers together.

Oh my goodness Zetsu..

How long was her stay?

She stayed there for about 1 and a half year, it surely wasn't cheap imo but to my dad he only had one mother and wanted the very best for her.

I'm not too surprised, after knowing you and your husband work hard to let your children go to private schools too.  I think schools are worth it since a child can meet some good and bad apples in life, but from my dad and uncle's experience, public hospitals are better than private ones in HK.  The doctor in the private hospital hanged my grandma's life by a thread, so she had to stay there and can never leave, and made my dad having to pay for all the petty service my grandma received(service so simple even both of our Indonesian maid manage to learn and use it to aid my grandma when she left for home), eventually when my dad and uncle started to see through this they sent my grandma to a public hospital, and as usual the doctors want to minimize their work load so they're objective is to get every patient healthy enough to a level they can go home and rest, as a result my grand mother did got better.  ac_drinks
Permanently off his rocker

Anonymous

Your dad is right Zetsu.

Oh my goodness Zetsu..

How long was her stay?

I'm not too surprised, after knowing you and your husband work hard to let your children go to private schools too.  I think schools are worth it since a child can meet some good and bad apples in life, but from my dad and uncle's experience, public hospitals are better than private ones in HK.  The doctor in the private hospital hanged my grandma's life by a thread, so she had to stay there and can never leave, and made my dad having to pay for all the petty service my grandma received(service so simple even both of our Indonesian maid manage to learn and use it to aid my grandma when she left for home), eventually when my dad and uncle started to see through this they sent my grandma to a public hospital, and as usual the doctors want to minimize their work load so they're objective is to get every patient healthy enough to a level they can go home and rest, as a result my grand mother did got better.  ac_drinks

I have no doubt it was money well spent Zetsu.

ac_smile