News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10395
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:27:42 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

Are Canada's sales taxes screwing over the poor and middle class?

Started by Wazzzup, June 08, 2019, 08:08:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wazzzup

Wazzzup

Alberta, Northwest territories, Nunavut and Yukon don't look too bad, but the rest seem pretty damned awful.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Wazzzup"Alberta, Northwest territories, Nunavut and Yukon don't look too bad, but the rest seem pretty damned awful.

Sales taxes, carbon taxes, property taxes, federal and provincial income taxes, always increasing payroll taxes, excise taxes and if people enjoy alcohol, federal and provincial sin taxes, always increasing fees..

I'm starting to like Bricktop's idea of one government..

Three levels of government and one taxpayer doesn't seem fair to me.

Gaon

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Wazzzup"Alberta, Northwest territories, Nunavut and Yukon don't look too bad, but the rest seem pretty damned awful.

Sales taxes, carbon taxes, property taxes, federal and provincial income taxes, always increasing payroll taxes, excise taxes and if people enjoy alcohol, federal and provincial sin taxes, always increasing fees..

I'm starting to like Bricktop's idea of one government..

Three levels of government and one taxpayer doesn't seem fair to me.

Israel has most of the same taxes as Canada except we don't have two governments charging the same taxes like Canada has. I didn't realize how high taxes are in this country until I got my first check.
The Russian Rock It

Bricktop

Each and every taxpayer pays for three levels of bureaucracy in a Federation.

Either dismantle the States, or abandon the Federation. Living under both is costing us more than we can afford, and more than we need to pay.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"Each and every taxpayer pays for three levels of bureaucracy in a Federation.

Either dismantle the States, or abandon the Federation. Living under both is costing us more than we can afford, and more than we need to pay.

Amen

JOE

Quote from: "Wazzzup"https://ibb.co/5Kb4dP5">

BC isnt as bad as some of the others, Lump.

many items are still exempt from at least 1 of those sales taxes

the places that whack their residents are the ones with HST.

And Quebec is actually worse than you've indicated.

They even charge a tax on top of those sales taxes esp when eating out.

Carry a fat wallet when travelling to Quebec.

Their sales tax more like 16 to 20% depending on the service or purchase.

You really pay for the privilege of 'being French' when visiting La Belle Province.  :icon_wink:

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"Each and every taxpayer pays for three levels of bureaucracy in a Federation.

I would like to see a looser federation actually. I'd like to see all taxes collected by the provinces and many areas where there are expensive duplication become exclusive provincial territory. Big countries like Canada, Australia, and  US will always have more government, but we can eliminate some of it and pass the savings on to the people who pay for all the waste.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Wazzzup"https://ibb.co/5Kb4dP5">

We have an eight per cent provincial sales tax and a five per cent federal sales tax. This is on top of federal and provincial income taxes, sin taxes, fees and so on. The last middle class person in Canada, please turn out the lights. There won't be anyone to pay the carbon taxes on the electricity.