News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10340
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:33:17 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Not a fan of basketball, or Toronto for that matter...

Started by Superchecker, June 08, 2019, 09:16:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vancouver

The Toronto Raptors parade. It's Monday. Amazing how 2 million people didn't have work today.

">
Time is malleable

JOE

I'd much rather follow the NBA than the NHL now.

NHL commissioner Gary Bettman trashed & fixed the professional game so that either his favorite big market teams or his Southern strategy upstarts win now. Not even small market Americsn NHL teams stand much of a chance of wiƱning the Stanley Cup anymore.

I'd much rather follow basketball now because at least peripheral teams including Toronto have a chance. Upsets actually hapoen.

Basketball stands head & shoulders above the NHL figuratively & literally.

No point  in following the NHL anymore.

As far as hockey goes only World Hockey IHF games count for anything now.

Anything which is left untainted by Bettman's greasy fingers is still worth watching.

The profesional game of hockey is dead & will probably go the way of professional boxing

Bricktop

And then four people were shot.

You guys take your basketball seriously, eh?

I guess you just have to mimic your southern cousins.

All this for bouncing a rubber ball around a small confined area and throwing it through metal hoops at either end.

JOE

Quote from: "Bricktop"And then four people were shot.

All this for bouncing a rubber ball around a small confined area and throwing it through metal hoops at either end.

i believe the profesional game if ice hockey is fixed just as you and I have stated and believe that Ex US president George W Bush is a war criminal.

They both have a lot in common because each is an Inside Job.

all I'm saying is at least pro basketball seems sonewhat authentuc

Skippy

Quote from: "Gaon"I followed the NBA a little bit in Israel. I heard Vancouver used to have an NBA franchise. Go Raptors.

Yes the grizzlys but they moved to Memphis

Anonymous

Quote from: "JOE"

i believe the profesional game if ice hockey is fixed just as you and I have stated and believe that Ex US president George W Bush is a war criminal.

Will somebody please move this jackass's derails.

Anonymous

Two people were wounded after a shooting at the Raptors celebration in Toronto,.

JOE

Quote from: "Velvet"

Yup. Keep up the good work.

Censorship always wins.

Anonymous

Censorship always wins.

Do you think it's your right to go into other people's homes uninvited and act like a jackass?

Anonymous

Censorship always wins.

Do you think it's your right to go into other people's homes uninvited and act like a jackass?

If Joe thinks incels like himself deserve be allowed to wreck our discussions than he should pay this forum's bills. Until that happens he should stop whining like the owner owes him anything.

@realAzhyaAryola

Ignore him. His posts are all buffoonery or horseplay. I challenge anyone who will deny this.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

JOE

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"

Censorship always wins.

If Joe thinks incels like himself deserve be allowed to wreck our discussions than he should pay this forum's bills. Until that happens he should stop whining like the owner owes him anything.

OK, w/o trying to offend anyone, I am highly impressed with the product the NBA puts out.

The final games if the NBA were ckean hard fought exciting spectacles of talent and showmanship.

After watching professional basketball I think it us a worthy successor to hockey in Canada

Much of the excitement and entertainment value which hockey used to provide is no longer there.

On the other hand basketball has really excelled.

it is what ice hockey used to be in this country & in the NHL.

Anonymous

Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"Ignore him. His posts are all buffoonery or horseplay. I challenge anyone who will deny this.

I doubt you'll find any challengers.

Anonymous

Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"Ignore him. His posts are all buffoonery or horseplay. I challenge anyone who will deny this.

Do incels know they are buffoons or baphuines as Total Dunce would say.

Anonymous

Quote from: "TheVancouverGuy"
Quote from: "seoulbro"Raptors, Raptors, Raptors. That is all that people talk about here in Central Ontario.

It's a big deal. It's not like Toronto ever win anything.  :laugh3:  :laugh3:  :laugh3:  :laugh3:  :laugh3:

Smartass.  :laugh3:

If there is a silver lining, the golf courses were not busy on game days. ac_dance