Replies: 10356
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 02:49:20 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Frood

Hey Wazz .. and everyone for that matter

Started by cc, June 09, 2019, 02:11:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cc

The Handmaiden's Tale Season 3 is starting tomorrow on Bravo (and soon I guess on demand)

Here it's on Bravo which may mean its already done on a larger outlet?

For the unknowing, it's a tale of a dystopian society ... 1984ish ... religious group took over the US and allowed zero dissent ... kinda like Progs have in mind for us all

Still a few brave independent thinking souls try to get out and / or change it (as one would expect)

Last year we found it On Demand and binged Season 1 & 2 - it was a "WOW"

It reaped record # of awards because it is so well done, so imaginative .. and one has to know inside that it's quite possible that some group could 1984 us all

I highly recommend it

[Dystopia: A futuristic, imagined universe in which oppressive societal control and the illusion of a perfect society are maintained through corporate, bureaucratic, technological, moral, or totalitarian control and 24/7 propaganda]
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Gaon

Quote from: "cc"The Handmaiden's Tale Season 3 is starting tomorrow on Bravo (and soon I guess on demand)

For the unknowing, it's a tale of a dystopian society ... 1984ish ... religious group took over the US and allowed zero dissent ... kinda like Progs have in mind for us all

Still a few brave independent thinking souls try to get out and / or change it (as one would expect)

It reaped record # of awards because it is so well done, so imaginative .. and one has to know inside that it's quite possible that some group could 1984 us all

I highly recommend it

[Dystopia: A futuristic, imagined universe in which oppressive societal control and the illusion of a perfect society are maintained through corporate, bureaucratic, technological, moral, or totalitarian control and 24/7 propaganda]

Thanks, I will watch it.
The Russian Rock It

Wazzzup

Quote from: "cc"The Handmaiden's Tale Season 3 is starting tomorrow on Bravo (and soon I guess on demand)

I highly recommend it

ac_drinks cc.  I watched season one and two.  I'll be watching this one too.

Gaon

Quote from: "Wazzzup"

I highly recommend it

ac_drinks cc.  I watched season one and two.  I'll be watching this one too.

I would like to binge watch the series and get caught up.
The Russian Rock It

cc

Good plan. Wise to watch first 2 seasons before viewing current one.

All episodes are continuations of previous - not individual / isolated episodes. Maybe just record current ones for now - not sure how fast they will be On Demand

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"Good plan. Wise to watch first 2 seasons before viewing current one.

All episodes are continuations of previous - not individual / isolated episodes. Maybe just record current ones for now - not sure how fast they will be On Demand

I don't watch many shows in the summer. But, I would like to see this show.

@realAzhyaAryola

I have not seen this and somehow not moved to.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

I highly recommend it

I've seen commercials for it.

cc

Saw 1st show of new season. Certainly up to previous  highest  standards in the industry

BTW - my error - It's Handmaid's not Handmaiden's

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"Saw 1st show of new season. Certainly up to previous  highest  standards in the industry

BTW - my error - It's Handmaid's not Handmaiden's

I was talking with someone today who recommended the show.

Bricktop

I watched the trailer.

It looks horribly like another shot in the feminist gender war.

I'll pass.

cc

Trailer trash  :wink:

No, it did not come from that at all. I despise the gender war but it is not about that.

It's about oppression (heavy and harsh oppression) of ALL people on the outside of a 1984 style government and about how a group can take over and impose it's will on everyone ... totally shutting down unwanted speech and actions

I'm merely telling you what it actually "is" about ... and the core premise (albeit not the specifics) is all too real today.

How do I take it? Exactly as I took Orwell's 1984. In fact, I  see it as representative of where we are  heading right now with PC types actually taking over as today's goofball trends continue to metastasize.  I see the level of control in society by those making it happen  and  will not stop unless they are stopped .. and meanwhile  the good guys are doing fuck all about it but whine.

The premise of a group taking over and stiffing speech is very real today ... it's happening more every day That's how I  take the premise and that's where I see  us on the path of right now.

As to the female element of it, one could also take it as the way of the islamic world where a religious group has taken over and  to which  most of the harshness  of that world / society is very very real

Bricktop

Many comments and reviews were feminist in nature...either by accident or design. The common complaint is that the protagonists are males, the victims females. A lot of what I saw stated much the same thing; "1984" with a gender bias.

Sounds familiar. Do they wear pussy hats as well?

"1984" was at least gender neutral. In fact the "victim" was a male.

I'll pass.

Trailer trash...hmmpph.

Sexist!!

cc

lol

When actually, males not on the inside have been the prime victims  .. if they don't fit in or speak, they die .. women are more desirable & most live

Could be they will twist it to more suit today's "good".  Haven't seen that yet.  We''ll see

But, I'm not finding first 2 season episodes so good though. To me a very bad start

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"lol

When actually, males not on the inside have been the prime victims  .. if they don't fit in or speak, they die .. women are more desirable & most live

Could be they will twist it to more suit today's "good".  Haven't seen that yet.  We''ll see

But, I'm not finding first 2 season episodes so good though. To me a very bad start

I would like to see the first two seasons.