NHL Draft thread

Started by Anonymous, June 20, 2019, 11:46:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bricktop

But you guys have grass, don't you?

Anonymous

Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"
Quote from: "Shen Li"
I've been to lots of pro hockey games including in corporate suites, but I'm not into team sports.

I could have easily said that too years ago, Shen. That was me. Then, my oldest son started playing ice hockey. I got hooked after he started playing the game. It's his fault. I got even more hooked when he showed remarkable skills. Speaking of Turcotte, I put him through a series of Turcotte Stickhandling and Puckhandling summer camps. That really improved his skills too. Then I also played the music at his games. Sometimes I miss it but over all, I am glad the hockey years are over. It was quite a commitment really. All your weekends are focused on that during the season and you drive here, there and everywhere. You adjust your life around it, decline invitations to parties, gatherings and such during the season. I never missed his games except for one when I was really sick. Games and tournaments in different states, hotels here and there, eating out with the team on the road. How did I get through all of that? Sheesh. It becomes you life.

I know I would be hockey nuts if my sons took up the sport.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Frankly, I am thankful my son is into soccer and not hockey.....it's a cheaper sport.

I still look to those years with fondness, Fash. I do not regret it at all though. Just glad it is behind me now because I do not think I can face weekends of driving long distances anymore. Good times. Good memories.

I'm sure you do have fantastic memories Azhya..

Hockey is such an expensive sport though.

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "Shen Li"
I know I would be hockey nuts if my sons took up the sport.

:thumbup:
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "Fashionista"I'm sure you do have fantastic memories Azhya.

:thumbup:
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

I know its going to be Turcotte, and I'm fine with it.

Bryam tho.....idk how you pass on a potential number one defenseman

Anonymous

Quote from: "King Martini"I know its going to be Turcotte, and I'm fine with it.

You'd get along with my husband King Martini.

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "King Martini"I know its going to be Turcotte, and I'm fine with it.

The Blackhawks welcome young Kirby Dach.
@realAzhyaAryola

@realAzhyaAryola

The Caps sign Connor McMichael in Round 1.
@realAzhyaAryola

Anonymous

The Blackhawks welcome young Kirby Dach.

I am OK with this.

The Hawks make videos leading up to the draft every year and he was very much highlighted thru out all of them.

It's a boom or bust pick. I think Turcotte and Bryam have "lower floors", but Dach could potentially be a hard guy who takes Toews place in about three years.

Love the Vlasic pick in the second found tho.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"

You'd get along with my husband King Martini.

Lol hockey is my weakness. I just love it. I can watch any team at any time. It's like baseball I only watch the Cubs but it could be any teams in hockey and I'm glued to the tv

Anonymous

Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"The Caps sign Connor McMichael in Round 1.

And that's a great pick too.