Replies: 10403
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

Opinion Article - Europe in crisis mode, Germany's in trouble: Andy Brenner

Started by cc, August 17, 2019, 05:15:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

I read Britain's economy shrank. I don't know if that was for the previous month or quarter.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Herman"I read Britain's economy shrank. I don't know if that was for the previous month or quarter.

It's a little over two months now until Brexit..

Is Boris Johnson getting cold feet?

In an interview I saw, Nigel Farage implied he is.

Thiel

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Herman"I read Britain's economy shrank. I don't know if that was for the previous month or quarter.

Will Boris Johnson make to to Halloween as prim minister. He's hanging on by a thread.
gay, conservative and proud

Anonymous

Quote from: "Thiel"

Will Boris Johnson make to to Halloween as prim minister. He's hanging on by a thread.

It's nice to see you here again Thiel.

ac_smile

Anonymous

The Canadian economy grew at an annualized rate of over 3 per cent in the last quarter. Trudeau deserves the credit. :laugh3:

Anonymous

Quote from: "Velvet"The Canadian economy grew at an annualized rate of over 3 per cent in the last quarter. Trudeau deserves the credit. :laugh3:

:MG_216:

Anonymous

Quote from: "Velvet"The Canadian economy grew at an annualized rate of over 3 per cent in the last quarter. Trudeau deserves the credit. :laugh3:

:roll:

Thiel

Trump does. Exports to the US are up.
gay, conservative and proud

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "Gaon"
Quote from: "Gaon"
Quote from: "seoulbro"
Quote from: "Fashionista"Seoul, what do you think?

I posted about this is the Money Sense thread. This is bad news for Europe.

The German economy is similar to Japan's. It is heavily dependent on exports. Because it is an aged society it has weak domestic demand and people tend to save, not spend. In other words, the opposite of the Canadian economy. If exports slide in Germany or Japan they cannot expect consumers to save the economy.

I read Germany is running budgetary surpluses. How does an old country do that?

They don't need new schools, roads, and other infrastructure.

More people collecting pensions. I would say health care too, but a lot of Germans have private coverage.

It will be all but impossible for provinces not to run budget deficits in the future if we don't reform health care soon.

I am not impressed with Canadian health care.

A hell of a lot of people agree with you.

I am not so sure yet. So far so good. In the USA, my American doctors pushed drugs on me while my Canadian doctor took me off of them. I might agree when I am six feet under. I will haunt you all and let you know.  :laugh3:
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

@realAzhyaAryola

Trump does. Exports to the US are up.

:thumbup:
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

@realAzhyaAryola

Well, his politician brother jumped off ship. That's a sign.  :laugh3:
@realAzhyaAryola

Anonymous

Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"

The British people voted for Brexit. British politicians, besides Boris Johnson and Nigel Farage refuse to honour the will of the people.

Anonymous

Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"

The British people voted for Brexit. British politicians, besides Boris Johnson and Nigel Farage refuse to honour the will of the people.

I don't support Brexit, but it must happen.