Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

The Death of Newspapers

Started by Bricktop, July 01, 2019, 07:36:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaon

Quote from: "Bricktop"As we do for our ABC, which many people want sold off, shut down or privatised.

It is unethical for the state to own a broadcasting company.
The Russian Rock It

Anonymous

Quote from: "Gaon"
Quote from: "Bricktop"As we do for our ABC, which many people want sold off, shut down or privatised.

It is unethical for the state to own a broadcasting company.

I thought the government of Stephen Harper would have sold CBC, but they didn't.

Bricktop

Governments don't have the spine to offload their public broadcaster, even though they are well past their use by date.

People in remote areas rely on our ABC for news and entertainment because private broadcasters don't make any profit from them.

Berry Sweet

Please dont tell me im the only one here who still reads real books with pages.

The place I live at does not get news papers anymore.  No one ever read them.  Many door had an old faded pile and others just use to sit on the stoop while the wind blew the papers everywhere, its terrible when it rains, the paper sticks to everything.  I never asked but I think the landlord cancelled the papers.  I never read them, but they came in handy for painting and other art projects.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"Please dont tell me im the only one here who still reads real books with pages.

The place I live at does not get news papers anymore.  No one ever read them.  Many door had an old faded pile and others just use to sit on the stoop while the wind blew the papers everywhere, its terrible when it rains, the paper sticks to everything.  I never asked but I think the landlord cancelled the papers.  I never read them, but they came in handy for painting and other art projects.

I don't know about books, but e-readers are very common.

Zetsu

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Zetsu"I hope they die too asap, they've caused enough trouble to many ppl just for the sake of attention whoring and manipulating the idiots out there.

But, how is that different from online news?

Not much tbh, though online news often accept reviews, opinions and criticism to iron their misleading facts out.  ac_cool
Permanently off his rocker

Anonymous

The only place I see newspapers is at my dentist's clinic.

@realAzhyaAryola

The library still has them and they carry newspapers still from other countries.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"The library still has them and they carry newspapers still from other countries.

Yes, I've seen that at the downtown branch of the library.

Bricktop

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"Please dont tell me im the only one here who still reads real books with pages.

Check out the list of new books.

80% are written by women.

Fictional writing has become a woman's domain. Few and fewer men are authors, and even fewer read their books.

Likewise more and more television series and movies are targetting a female audience. Men have lost interest. Perhaps they are more immersed in technological forms of entertainment such as video games.