Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:27:42 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

A

Green Coffee Bean Extract Burns Fat

Started by Anonymous, September 02, 2013, 04:06:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

QuoteGreen coffee" refers to the raw or unroasted seeds (beans) of Coffea fruits. Green coffee beans are cleaned, dried, roasted, ground, and brewed to produce coffee. Researchers claim green coffee bean extract can help with weight loss, and the supplement has generated a lot of buzz. Read this fact sheet on green coffee bean extract to learn more about how it works.

The most recent study on green coffee bean was published in January 2012 in Diabetes, Metabolic Syndrome and Obesity. The researchers followed a group of 16 adults who supplemented with a special green coffee bean extract of chlorogenic acids at different dosages (either 700 or 1050 milligrams per day) for 12 weeks. All 16 adults were considered overweight, as demonstrated by a BMI of greater than 25. The subjects lost an average of almost 18 pounds – this was 10% of their overall body weight and 4.4% of their overall body fat.

To test the effects of the green coffee bean extract for The Dr. Oz Show, the show's medical unit conducted a project under the guidance of experts including Dr. Caroline Apovian and registered dietician Kristin Kirkpatrick. It is the largest project the show has ever done.

The show's medical unit enlisted 100 women between the ages of 35 and 49 who were overweight with BMIs between 25 and 45. The women were not pregnant or breastfeeding and didn't have any major medical problems including diabetes, or history of heart attack or stroke. These women received either the green coffee bean extract or a placebo, and were instructed to take 400 mg capsules, three times a day – 30 minutes before each meal. No participant knew which pill they were given. Furthermore, the participants were instructed to not change their diet, and to keep a food journal that would help The Dr. Oz Show learn what these women were eating. After two weeks, the study participants were weighed.  

In two weeks, the group of women who took the green coffee bean extract lost, on average, two pounds. However, the group of women who took the placebo lost an average of one pound – possibly because they were more aware of their diet for that two weeks because of the required food journal.

http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/green-coffee-bean-project">http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/green-co ... an-project">http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/green-coffee-bean-project

Berry Sweet

Are you looking to shed a few pounds Shen Li?

I tried raspeberry keytones in the spring...you take two pills daily....I lost 35 pounds in 2 months....I put myself on a very strict diet at the same tho too....so I was able to lose it faster, and I was power walking/hiking a lot...I lost a little too much too fast, but they really do work, as long as you watch what you eat and excersice too....it's not a maricle pill...like anything you have to work at it too.

Annie

I've tried the green coffee bean for the past couple months. I only took one a day, watched what I ate, ate smaller meals, been more active and I lost 10 pounds in the last 2 months. I usually do sit ups, lunges, stretching, yoga, squats, weights, and or swimming every day.  I'd like to lose another 9 or so but I think I'll do it without any diet aids and see if my metabolism is high enough on it's own.
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Berry Sweet

Nice Annie!  Where did you buy the bean?

Annie

I found it at a health place in Lougheed Mall across from the Purdy's chocolate's store LoL
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Anonymous

Quote from: "Annie"I've tried the green coffee bean for the past couple months. I only took one a day, watched what I ate, ate smaller meals, been more active and I lost 10 pounds in the last 2 months. I usually do sit ups, lunges, stretching, yoga, squats, weights, and or swimming every day.  I'd like to lose another 9 or so but I think I'll do it without any diet aids and see if my metabolism is high enough on it's own.

Exercise and portion control are better ways to stay slim..

I don't like artificial methods.

Annie

Yep, eat healthy and sweat it out works best, although it's so hard :-(

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"Are you looking to shed a few pounds Shen Li?

I tried raspeberry keytones in the spring...you take two pills daily....I lost 35 pounds in 2 months....I put myself on a very strict diet at the same tho too....so I was able to lose it faster, and I was power walking/hiking a lot...I lost a little too much too fast, but they really do work, as long as you watch what you eat and excersice too....it's not a maricle pill...like anything you have to work at it too.

Yep, I am heavier than I want to be. I am active enough, but I have trouble controlling my cravings. I am considering alternatives like green coffee bean extracts or possibly appetite suppressants. I am still in the research phase right now. I will do some checking on raspberry ketones.

Annie

Shen have you tried Metamucil? Mix two teaspoons in a glass of water every day, lowers cholesteral and helps you poop out toxins.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Annie"Shen have you tried Metamucil? Mix two teaspoons in a glass of water every day, lowers cholesteral and helps you poop out toxins.

I am aware of it, but I have never tried it.

Annie

I have a problem digesting milk based products, they bung me up horribly. Even just a glass of milk will prevent me from pooping so I have a glass of Metamucil Orange and viola! I have a glass a day every day whether I eat cheese or drink milk.

Renee

Is this thread becoming a poo thread? :shock:
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Annie

Uh oh, didn't mean to make it a poopy thread LoLoLoL