The best topic

Replies: 8508
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 10:37:29 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Is addiction a disease?

Started by Berry Sweet, August 12, 2019, 09:23:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Is addiction a disease?

Yes
6 (60%)
No
2 (20%)
Other
2 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: August 12, 2019, 09:23:02 PM

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"Odd that people view "addiction" as a dependency on chemicals.

There are other forms of addiction that do not involve ingesting drugs and alcohol.

Of course there are. Gambling and video games are a couple of examples.

Bricktop

Exactly.

And more sinister and destructive activities.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"Exactly.

And more sinister and destructive activities.

Online gaming is more sinister than alcohol and drugs?

Anonymous

To be honest ~ food & sex are my drugs of choice... and then troll forums.  

I could wake up every morning and decide that what will make me happy is to not go to work, to eat ice cream, and play online all day.  A few people might blow off work and risk losing our jobs, houses, cars, etc.  However, most of us will force ourselves out of bed to go to work.  You make a choice everyday to either work hard or to give into the maximum pleasure sensory of your brain.   I think addiction is lazy.

Bricktop

Quote from: "Murdock"To be honest ~ food & sex are my drugs of choice... and then troll forums.  

I could wake up every morning and decide that what will make me happy is to not go to work, to eat ice cream, and play online all day.  A few people might blow off work and risk losing our jobs, houses, cars, etc.  However, most of us will force ourselves out of bed to go to work.  You make a choice everyday to either work hard or to give into the maximum pleasure sensory of your brain.   I think addiction is lazy.

And laziness is an addiction.

Odinson

Gambling, food, working out are all very addictive..

Its the high.

People who quit drinking or smoking, get very fat afterwards because they pick up another habit... Like eating copious amounts of junkfood and candy.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Odinson"Gambling, food, working out are all very addictive..

Its the high.

People who quit drinking or smoking, get very fat afterwards because they pick up another habit... Like eating copious amounts of junkfood and candy.

Working can be an addiction too.

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "Fashionista"

Its the high.

I used to work with a woman who was only required to work 8 hours a day but she would stay for 10 hours. Then she would also come on the weekends. When you go to her desk, terribly disorganized. What does she do in all that time?
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"
Quote from: "Fashionista"

Its the high.

I used to work with a woman who was only required to work 8 hours a day but she would stay for 10 hours. Then she would also come on the weekends. When you go to her desk, terribly disorganized. What does she do in all that time?

Facebook, youtube, snapchat,instagram, photo sharing.

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Facebook, youtube, snapchat,instagram, photo sharing.

She is in the twilight of her years at the job and she's not in any of those platforms.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Odinson

Anonymous

Quote from: "Odinson"Does she get paid over time?

Probably a salary like I get.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"
Quote from: "Murdock"To be honest ~ food & sex are my drugs of choice... and then troll forums.  

And laziness is an addiction.

Is it, or is just a bad habit?