Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 11:33:35 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Aylana

Opinion Article: 7 attitudes that make liberals so intolerable

Started by cc, August 20, 2019, 12:54:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cc

Article*: 7 attitudes that make liberals so intolerable

https://www.bizpacreview.com/2019/08/18/7-attitudes-that-make-liberals-so-intolerable-786872">OPINION BY: John Hawkins

{cc:  Pretty hard to dispute using simple observation}

https://www.blazingcatfur.ca/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/Liberal-compassionate.jpg">

Modern liberalism is a toxic influence on our culture, on our country, and on the world.

There are perfectly nice, likable, relatively reasonable (at least when it comes to their own lives) liberals out there. I've met them and genuinely like some of them.

But liberalism is becoming pure arsenic being pumped into the veins of everything that's good, true, and worth preserving, and I think we're getting to the point where it's reasonable to ask if the country can continue to hold together long-term because of its impact. Attitudes widely adopted by the American Left are genuinely dangerous and make them absolutely intolerable to normal people. For example:

1) When it comes to political policy, liberals are children playing with explosives.

They don't care whether the ideas they propose work or not, but they do care a great deal about how those policies make them feel and look to other people. As an example, a program aimed at helping the poor is judged by how compassionate it makes liberals feel and how well it does at the polls, not whether it actually helps poor people. When you are dealing with modern liberals, you are dealing with people who simply don't care if a policy makes the country better or worse.

2) Modern liberalism embraces censorship, hates free speech, and can't even take a joke. Liberals are like the fun police, constantly on patrol, looking for something they can claim to be offended about. They are now so habitually over-the-top in describing things they disagree with that you'd think we were living in Nazi Germany or in their beloved Soviet Union during a purge.

Every little thing that offends is "white supremacy," "Nazism," or "another Holocaust." Angry, hyper-sensitive liberals that can't tolerate free thought aren't just miserable people, their intolerance makes everyone forced to deal with them miserable as well.

3)

Liberalism is a 16-year-old girl lecturing everyone on global warming, a not particularly bright 29-year-old bartender from Queens explaining how we need to redesign our entire economy, and a president lying about every facet of an overhaul of our healthcare system and then acting like it was all for our own good when all of his lies were exposed.

It's people with no morals that are absolutely sure that they are morally superior to everyone else, intellectuals that couldn't handle running a third shift at a convenience store that believe they're smarter than everyone else, and people who are absolutely obsessed with race calling everyone else racists.

Narcissism and liberalism go together like peanut butter and jelly at this point.
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

cc

4) Because liberals view the Constitution as an obstacle, patriotism as ridiculous, and tradition as little more than ridiculous constraints invented by old, white guys, they tend to be extremely short-sighted and prone to radicalism.

They seldom stop to consider the potential consequences of policies they suggest and then focus on shifting the blame when things go wrong instead of wondering if they did the right thing to begin with. We live in a world where every liberal college graduate still living with their parents thinks they are smarter than Plato and Thomas Jefferson because some political science professor who couldn't hack it in the real world told them so.

Without the ability to appreciate the wisdom of previous generations, liberals tend to be "change for the sake of change" junkies who can never get enough of their fix.

5) The level of rhetoric liberals regularly aim at their fellow citizens that disagree with them politically has more in common with war propaganda than normal political discourse. "Nazis," "Fascists," "Racists," "White Supremacists," "It's another Holocaust," yadda, yadda, yadda.

If people actually believed the rhetoric liberals habitually use to describe ICE, the police, Trump voters, and conservatives in general, there SHOULD BE bloody war in the streets.

One of the great ironies of politics today is that liberals are incessantly railing against "hate groups" while liberals have become the biggest hate group in America.

6) Thanks to liberals, EVERYTHING is political now. Nike shoes? Gillette Razors? The NFL? Movies? Video Games? Who goes into what bathroom? Gender pronouns? Whether you're engaged in "cultural appropriation" based on where you eat or your hairstyle?

Liberalism has replaced God for the Left and like your annoyingly religious friend who just converted and over-enthusiastically ties every conversation back to some quote from the Old Testament, they tie everything to their political views.

It makes them some of the most tedious people on earth to be around because everything they touch is just another opportunity for them to virtue signal to the world about how woke they are.

7)

Liberalism is a guy taking an SUV to a private plane to fly to a conference to talk about how people shouldn't be allowed to fly or drive in SUVs because of global warming.

It's a media personality claiming Russia decided the 2016 election while calling other people fake news.

It's a politician surrounded by armed security all day demanding that we outlaw guns.

It's spewing hate while calling other people hateful, talking about tolerance while being intolerant, and demanding one set of rules for liberals and one for everyone else.

Conservatives are always amazed when they run across a liberal that holds liberals to the same standards as everyone else .. UNTIL  the other liberals force them to apologize for their momentary lack of hypocrisy.

Anonymous

One hopes that cc is aware of Hawkins's rabid anti-marijuana stance.

Anonymous

Odinson

Nihilism..

These people were called nihilists in the 19th century.

Odinson

Just to say they are not a new phenomena..

Even though they might think they are "fresh air"..

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"

7)

Liberalism is a guy taking an SUV to a private plane to fly to a conference to talk about how people shouldn't be allowed to fly or drive in SUVs because of global warming.

It's a media personality claiming Russia decided the 2016 election while calling other people fake news.

It's a politician surrounded by armed security all day demanding that we outlaw guns.

It's spewing hate while calling other people hateful, talking about tolerance while being intolerant, and demanding one set of rules for liberals and one for everyone else.

Conservatives are always amazed when they run across a liberal that holds liberals to the same standards as everyone else .. UNTIL  the other liberals force them to apologize for their momentary lack of hypocrisy.

Credibility progtards, get some.

Anonymous

Watch the video in particular. Old Piers is right, people are fed up with the culture of snowflakery.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/cortneyobrien/2019/08/20/piers-morgan-todays-leftists-are-unbearable-n2551967">https://townhall.com/tipsheet/cortneyob ... e-n2551967">https://townhall.com/tipsheet/cortneyobrien/2019/08/20/piers-morgan-todays-leftists-are-unbearable-n2551967

Piers Morgan: Today's Liberals Are 'Unbearable'

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"4) Because liberals view the Constitution as an obstacle, patriotism as ridiculous, and tradition as little more than ridiculous constraints invented by old, white guys, they tend to be extremely short-sighted and prone to radicalism.

They seldom stop to consider the potential consequences of policies they suggest and then focus on shifting the blame when things go wrong instead of wondering if they did the right thing to begin with. We live in a world where every liberal college graduate still living with their parents thinks they are smarter than Plato and Thomas Jefferson because some political science professor who couldn't hack it in the real world told them so.

Without the ability to appreciate the wisdom of previous generations, liberals tend to be "change for the sake of change" junkies who can never get enough of their fix.

5) The level of rhetoric liberals regularly aim at their fellow citizens that disagree with them politically has more in common with war propaganda than normal political discourse. "Nazis," "Fascists," "Racists," "White Supremacists," "It's another Holocaust," yadda, yadda, yadda.

If people actually believed the rhetoric liberals habitually use to describe ICE, the police, Trump voters, and conservatives in general, there SHOULD BE bloody war in the streets.

One of the great ironies of politics today is that liberals are incessantly railing against "hate groups" while liberals have become the biggest hate group in America.

6) Thanks to liberals, EVERYTHING is political now. Nike shoes? Gillette Razors? The NFL? Movies? Video Games? Who goes into what bathroom? Gender pronouns? Whether you're engaged in "cultural appropriation" based on where you eat or your hairstyle?

Liberalism has replaced God for the Left and like your annoyingly religious friend who just converted and over-enthusiastically ties every conversation back to some quote from the Old Testament, they tie everything to their political views.

It makes them some of the most tedious people on earth to be around because everything they touch is just another opportunity for them to virtue signal to the world about how woke they are.

7)

I read the entire article cc..

I can't argue with any of that and I grew up in a family that was active in traditional liberal politics in Taiwan.

Bricktop

Quote from: "Peaches"One hopes that cc is aware of Hawkins's rabid anti-marijuana stance.

What is the relevance of that remark?

As a progressive, would you not take the opportunity to rebut the points made?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"
Quote from: "Peaches"One hopes that cc is aware of Hawkins's rabid anti-marijuana stance.

Nope, he can't do it hence the post you quoted.

cc

Quote from: "Fash"I read the entire article cc..

I can't argue with any of that and I grew up in a family that was active in traditional liberal politics in Taiwan.

I think I may understand why?

Tolerance was traditionally at the very heart of liberalism

Today in so-called liberalism we see no tolerance .. and in fact, no heart

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"
Quote from: "Fash"I read the entire article cc..

I think I may understand why?

Tolerance was traditionally at the very heart of liberalism

Today in so-called liberalism we see no tolerance .. and in fact, no heart

My father would have labels for what passes for liberalism in 2019, but liberal wouldn't be one of them.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"

Why do you (and the rest of you lot) insist on pigeonholing me as a "progressive?"

The remark is merely an exercise in the kind of "reasoned discussion" so beloved by SB and others on this forum, namely to begin by tossing a random ad hominem at the source of the OPINION PIECE, lest it lead to one of those BC RWCJs you all seem to enjoy.

The relevance is that if you intend to lionize this hack as your RWCJ centerpiece, you have to take his warts along with his beauty spots.

There are some more warts, but more pertinent ones such as his fondness for the term "spewing hatred" and his mindless ironies about intolerance, smugness, the Constitution, taking comfort in lies and demonization, and "habitual hypocrisy" are simply not things I have the time nor the crayons to help you poor sods understand.