A

Amazon rainforest fires have an affect on climate change

Started by Anonymous, August 23, 2019, 07:20:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

caskur

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Bricktop"Precisely.

Trees are not "lungs" of the earth.

That is not to diminish their importance to the ecology of the planet, but the concept that without trees there would be no oxygen is simply erroneous.

What about as carbon sinks?

He doesn't know what he is talking about on this issue.

Some people don't get it.

On this issue, he is one of them.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

Quote from: "caskur"

That is not to diminish their importance to the ecology of the planet, but the concept that without trees there would be no oxygen is simply erroneous.

C02 is plant and tree food.

caskur

Quote from: "seoulbro"

C02 is plant and tree food.

Trees attract rain... no trees, no rain, widening deserts...

Even if tomorrow us humans completely stop fossil fuel burning we would still have this disaster in front of us BECAUSE they have reduced virgin forest GLOBALLY by 85% and active volcanos are spewing out mega tonnes of CO2.... you cannot take out 85% of the forests globally and expect that won't have an effect.

^^^^

the source... Me, caskur. You can quote me.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

caskur

Quote from: "Odinson"I get it..

These people are poor and they are just trying to make a living..

Environmental activists are rich people who have no understanding towards the little people troubles.

I totally understand why they kill these activists.

I understand, but the Amazon is so important to our planet..

It's in South America, but the entire world has a stake in it's survival.

Indonesia's jungle was just as big as the amazon... they're burning that off too..

Disappearing Indonesian jungle from space... When I find the short time lapse video, I'll post it.
- Andy Warhol

caskur

I haven't found what I'm looking for but I found this fantastic vid...

">
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

Environmental activists are rich people who have no understanding towards the little people troubles.

Indonesia's jungle was just as big as the amazon... they're burning that off too..

Disappearing Indonesian jungle from space... When I find the short time lapse video, I'll post it.

Isn't the Amazon bigger than all of Indonesia?

Anonymous

I have been to both of them. Malaysia has done a pretty good job of preserving it's rain forest on Borneo. Better than the Indonesian side.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Herman"

I have been to both of them. Malaysia has done a pretty good job of preserving it's rain forest on Borneo. Better than the Indonesian side.

Malasia's rainforests would be a good trip.

Thiel

Quote from: "Fashionista"The Amazon produces twenty per cent of the world's oxygen, but now it's producing carbon, smog and ash..

Although less than half the fires are in Brazil, the international community is using these fires to attack Brazil's populist president..

I don't want to quote any of that, but it does have an affect on climate change because the Amazon is one of the world's biggest carbon sinks.

Amazonia and its trees are a significant source for oxygen, and major sink for absorbing carbon dioxide. The process of photosynthesis is important for life on Earth and all of those trees in the Amazon are deterrents to the growing problem of increased greenhouse gases. It is too early to determine how much carbon will be released because of current Amazon fires

https://www.forbes.com/sites/marshallshepherd/2019/08/22/you-probably-know-the-amazon-is-burningheres-why-it-matters-to-you/#7723e58771a4">https://www.forbes.com/sites/marshallsh ... 23e58771a4">https://www.forbes.com/sites/marshallshepherd/2019/08/22/you-probably-know-the-amazon-is-burningheres-why-it-matters-to-you/#7723e58771a4

European leaders are blaming Bolsonaro. He must have been careless with his cigarette butts.
gay, conservative and proud

caskur

I don't know... I know that the Amazon is as big as the USA including Alaska... That's pretty big..

I would have to resort to Wiki for the measurements of Indonesia which is a mass of Islands. Too many to count.
- Andy Warhol

caskur

Quote from: "Thiel"
Quote from: "Fashionista"The Amazon produces twenty per cent of the world's oxygen, but now it's producing carbon, smog and ash..

Although less than half the fires are in Brazil, the international community is using these fires to attack Brazil's populist president..

I don't want to quote any of that, but it does have an affect on climate change because the Amazon is one of the world's biggest carbon sinks.

Amazonia and its trees are a significant source for oxygen, and major sink for absorbing carbon dioxide. The process of photosynthesis is important for life on Earth and all of those trees in the Amazon are deterrents to the growing problem of increased greenhouse gases. It is too early to determine how much carbon will be released because of current Amazon fires

https://www.forbes.com/sites/marshallshepherd/2019/08/22/you-probably-know-the-amazon-is-burningheres-why-it-matters-to-you/#7723e58771a4">https://www.forbes.com/sites/marshallsh ... 23e58771a4">https://www.forbes.com/sites/marshallshepherd/2019/08/22/you-probably-know-the-amazon-is-burningheres-why-it-matters-to-you/#7723e58771a4

European leaders are blaming Bolsonaro. He must have been careless with his cigarette butts.

He needs to be taken out by a sniper.
- Andy Warhol

caskur

Size of Indonesian land mass

VVV

Indonesia/Area

1.905 million km²

It is the world's largest island country, with more than seventeen thousand islands, and at 1,904,569 square kilometres (735,358 square miles), the 14th largest by land area and 7th in the combined sea and land area.

Size of USA land mass

VVVV

United States/Area

9.834 million km²

Indonesia is about 20% the size of the USA.
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

Quote from: "Thiel"

He needs to be taken out by a sniper.

Bolsonaro is the Darth Vader of hysterical international enviro talking heads. They need a right winger to blame.

Anonymous

Quote from: "caskur"Size of Indonesian land mass

VVV

Indonesia/Area

1.905 million km²

It is the world's largest island country, with more than seventeen thousand islands, and at 1,904,569 square kilometres (735,358 square miles), the 14th largest by land area and 7th in the combined sea and land area.

Size of USA land mass

VVVV

United States/Area

9.834 million km²

Indonesia is about 20% the size of the USA.

Brazil is close to the same size as the USA..

I think the Amazon is bigger than the Indonesian and Malaysian rain forests combined.

Odinson

What the hell is happening there...

How is banning brazilian beef gonna help with the fires?