Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 21, 2024, 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

A

DOJ: 64% of Federal Arrests in 2018 Were of Non-U.S. Citizens

Started by Anonymous, August 23, 2019, 10:17:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"Peaches, i never asked a question. I made a statement. Nothing you posted even comes close to refuting it.

You did make a statement in the OP, claiming (questionably) that your data "refute" an entire class of claims by others not in attendance here.  It was never my intent to refute your OP even though I do think your claim is quite ambitious.

My first post here was a reply to SB, not clearly identified as such but using in quotes the word "crack down" which no poster above me had used but SB.

You then replied to my post with a "look everybody, Peaches is blaming the victim again" ad hominem that I might add is not well supported by referring to what I actually said.  AND YOU CONCLUDED THAT POST WITH A QUESTION even though you didn't punctuate with a question mark.  

Here is your post:
QuoteOf course Peaches blames the victims. How dare the states enforce their own laws and protect it's citizens.

No jury of English speakers would ever convict me of treating that sentence as a (perhaps rhetorical) question, and I composed a thoughtful post to try to reply to it even though you had already assumed an adversarial conversation was occurring.

Even then, my post doesn't try to refute your second post EITHER.  It's an effort at a civil conversation.  If you continue to define everyone who fails to agree with your thesis as an adversary, I will have to break the habit of trying to converse with you.

Thiel

Quote from: "Peaches"

First is, the USA at all levels is fond of passing laws that make the legislators look good "back home" to their constituents but which in fact will be difficult to enforce and will be nullified by the first or second court to look at an actual case.  

My second point is, if something is illegal the police should come and arrest you and the government should try you.  The manner of the arrest is my concern.  If you have unpaid parking tickets, the government can put a Denver boot on your car when they see it and basically impound it until you go in and pay all your tickets.  If you jaywalk, the cops can arrest you on the spot and take you in and book you, although a ticket and notice to appear is more appropriate.  

In either of those cases, if the government chooses to send a militarized SWAT team to your home or place of work to arrest you, it amounts to a sort of grandstanding or showboating whose real intent is to terrorize your neighbors, co-workers or children.

If the government suits up with armored vehicles, body armor, assault weapons and goes on a warrantless sweep of a factory or neighborhood to arrest undocumented aliens, or arrests them anyway when they produce documentation, that too is a terror operation.

Thus my comment about jack-booted thugs.

The Democrats always give these excuses, and hyperbole. I have been to countries that have cracked down on illegal immigration. In every case it was successful. The Democrats know if they stop impeding immigration enforcement, illegal border crossings will drop like a stone immediately. That is not in their interests. Which is why Democrats like Julian Castro want to repeal Section 1325 of Title 8 of the United States Code, which says it's a federal crime to enter the country without authorization.
gay, conservative and proud

Anonymous

Quote from: "Thiel"

First is, the USA at all levels is fond of passing laws that make the legislators look good "back home" to their constituents but which in fact will be difficult to enforce and will be nullified by the first or second court to look at an actual case.  

My second point is, if something is illegal the police should come and arrest you and the government should try you.  The manner of the arrest is my concern.  If you have unpaid parking tickets, the government can put a Denver boot on your car when they see it and basically impound it until you go in and pay all your tickets.  If you jaywalk, the cops can arrest you on the spot and take you in and book you, although a ticket and notice to appear is more appropriate.  

In either of those cases, if the government chooses to send a militarized SWAT team to your home or place of work to arrest you, it amounts to a sort of grandstanding or showboating whose real intent is to terrorize your neighbors, co-workers or children.

If the government suits up with armored vehicles, body armor, assault weapons and goes on a warrantless sweep of a factory or neighborhood to arrest undocumented aliens, or arrests them anyway when they produce documentation, that too is a terror operation.

The Democrats always give these excuses, and hyperbole. I have been to countries that have cracked down on illegal immigration. In every case it was successful. The Democrats know if they stop impeding immigration enforcement, illegal border crossings will drop like a stone immediately. That is not in their interests. Which is why Democrats like Julian Castro want to repeal Section 1325 of Title 8 of the United States Code, which says it's a federal crime to enter the country without authorization.

Congratulations on being the first person in the thread to speak of democrats or republicans.

So far we haven't been speaking of party affiliations nor painting all members of either party with a broad brush and using words like "always."

And since you're quoting me, kindly point out a couple of the "excuses" I have put forward.

Anonymous

I thought you libertarians had no problem with open borders. Have you had a change of heart? Are you now standing with working people against shills for prog billionaires and corporations that want an endless supply of cheap labour. Along with the civil service, especially cops,  that sees them as job security.

Thiel

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"

I thought you libertarians had no problem with open borders. Have you had a change of heart? Are you now standing with working people against shills for prog billionaires and corporations that want an endless supply of cheap labour. Along with the civil service, especially cops,  that sees them as job security.

I don't know where you got that idea. I believe in liberty, not anarchy. I support the rule of law.

There are instances where countries choose not to enforce immigration law if it fills an immediate need that cannot be filled domestically. And also the migrants themselves keep a low profile. That is not the case in the United States. Too many immigrants appear in crime stats. And they sure as hell should not be receiving any taxpayer funded services. This is an insult to citizens and of course it breeds resentment.

The Democrats want to welcome illegal immigrants and treat them like U.S. citizens. Every single Democrat

candidate has promised to provide government health insurance to illegal immigrants. This, obviously, would be even more of a magnet to illegal immigration, and the criminal variety.
gay, conservative and proud

Anonymous

There are instances where countries choose not to enforce immigration law if it fills an immediate need that cannot be filled domestically. And also the migrants themselves keep a low profile. That is not the case in the United States. Too many immigrants appear in crime stats. And they sure as hell should not be receiving any taxpayer funded services. This is an insult to citizens and of course it breeds resentment.

Korea has about 350,000 thousand illegal workers. The overwhelming majority do dirty, dangerous and difficult work that Koreans won't do, that must be done and the Korean DOJ does not enforce immigration law in those cases. Occasionally there are crackdowns, but it's usually those who are not there to work. In other words, sell drugs or engage in prostitution. A crackdown in the US is long overdue. No other country would tolerate illegal alien repeat offender criminals using social services.

Gaon

Quote from: "seoulbro"

Korea has about 350,000 thousand illegal workers. The overwhelming majority do dirty, dangerous and difficult work that Koreans won't do and the Korean DOJ does not enforce immigration law. Occasionally there are crackdowns, but it's usually those who are not there to work. In other words, sell drugs or engage in prostitution. A crackdown in the US is long overdue. No other country would tolerate illegal alien repeat offender criminals using social services.

Russia does what South Korea does. I don't even think Sweden goes as far as the USA in encouraging and accommodating illegal immigrants.
The Russian Rock It

Anonymous

Korea has about 350,000 thousand illegal workers. The overwhelming majority do dirty, dangerous and difficult work that Koreans won't do, that must be done and the Korean DOJ does not enforce immigration law in those cases. Occasionally there are crackdowns, but it's usually those who are not there to work. In other words, sell drugs or engage in prostitution. A crackdown in the US is long overdue. No other country would tolerate illegal alien repeat offender criminals using social services.

Taiwan has relaxed illegal immigration enforcement as part of President Tsai's shift Southward, away from China since she came to office in 2016..

As Taiwan has relaxed visitor visa rules for South East Asian countries, the number of people from that region overstaying visas has gone up.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Gaon"

Korea has about 350,000 thousand illegal workers. The overwhelming majority do dirty, dangerous and difficult work that Koreans won't do and the Korean DOJ does not enforce immigration law. Occasionally there are crackdowns, but it's usually those who are not there to work. In other words, sell drugs or engage in prostitution. A crackdown in the US is long overdue. No other country would tolerate illegal alien repeat offender criminals using social services.

Russia does what South Korea does. I don't even think Sweden goes as far as the USA in encouraging and accommodating illegal immigrants.

The biggest political party in the states wants to make no distinction between legal and illegal migrants. They want make borders meaningless. The other political party is not much better. President Trump has reminded both parties that crossing a border without permission  is a crime,  doing it more than once is a felony, illegal immigration costs Americans tens of billions of dollars every year, and that he was elected to stop this prog insanity on behalf of the American people.

@realAzhyaAryola

Borders work. Just consider the new Hungarian border fence that delivers electric shocks.

http://static5.businessinsider.com/image/58b8ad0bbe96731d008b46da-1190-625/hungary-builds-new-high-tech-border-fence--with-few-migrants-in-sight.jpg">
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"Borders work. Just consider the new Hungarian border fence that delivers electric shocks.

http://static5.businessinsider.com/image/58b8ad0bbe96731d008b46da-1190-625/hungary-builds-new-high-tech-border-fence--with-few-migrants-in-sight.jpg">

:thumbup: