Total votes: : 4

Last post: October 05, 2024, 09:26:27 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Frood

A

Solar and wind energy are not sustainable

Started by Anonymous, August 24, 2019, 08:40:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

caskur

Western Australia has all the minerals needed for the planet...
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

Quote from: "caskur"Western Australia has all the minerals needed for the planet...

Western Canada has all the oil and natural gas to supply the planet.

Anonymous

Quote from: "seoulbro"
Quote from: "caskur"Western Australia has all the minerals needed for the planet...

We are not even allowed to supply our own country. We have the third highest proven oil reserves in the world, but we import over 800,000 barrels of oil per day. :crazy:

Bricktop

Quote from: "caskur"It won't be and shouldn't be any one source but ALL the sources at our disposal...

coal, wind, gas, solar, and nuclear although nuclear has proved the most dangerous especially reactor meltdowns.

What has killed more people?

The nuclear energy chain, or the fossil fuel chain?

Thiel

Quote from: "Bricktop"
Quote from: "caskur"It won't be and shouldn't be any one source but ALL the sources at our disposal...

coal, wind, gas, solar, and nuclear although nuclear has proved the most dangerous especially reactor meltdowns.

Direct deaths from either one are extremely low.
gay, conservative and proud

caskur

Quote from: "Bricktop"

I don't know...

which one?
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Gaon

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"

We are not even allowed to supply our own country. We have the third highest proven oil reserves in the world, but we import over 800,000 barrels of oil per day. :crazy:

The thing that I find the most unusual about Canadian politics is the hatred some Canadians have for the resources that produce prosperity. I only found out in the past few months that Canada actually imports oil because some parts of Canada think Arabs produce oil better than Canada does. So, Canada's oil and prosperity stays in the ground.
The Russian Rock It

caskur

We are not even allowed to supply our own country. We have the third highest proven oil reserves in the world, but we import over 800,000 barrels of oil per day. ]

That is what we're experiencing too... AND (omg, I had a valid thought that just disappeared) I hope it's not early dementia. Shee-it!~
- Andy Warhol

caskur

Quote from: "Gaon"

The thing that I find the most unusual about Canadian politics is the hatred some Canadians have for the resources that produce prosperity. I only found out in the past few months that Canada actually imports oil because some parts of Canada think Arabs produce oil better than Canada does. So, Canada's oil and prosperity stays in the ground.

It's a balance of trade... They cap our gas to use for latter generations... find gas, cap it,... find more gas, cap that and so on.

in our case, we trade commodities like wheat for oil... that's how it works...  Australia even grows rice for Asia.

I don't know enough about Canada but they're swapping something for something.
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

Quote from: "caskur"
It's a balance of trade... They cap our gas to use for latter generations... find gas, cap it,... find more gas, cap that and so on.

in our case, we trade commodities like wheat for oil... that's how it works...  Australia even grows rice for Asia.

It has nothing to do with trade. Canada only has pipelines going to the US. No pipelines to our coasts and to international markets. Thanks to advanced extraction technologies, the US is now the world's biggest producer of oil. With less need of Canadian oil, they discount it. But, if we can get our oil to tidewater, we would get international prices. That is not in America's interests. Hence, American NGO's spend millions interfering in our politics to prevent tidewater pipelines from being built. Russia and Saudi Arabia don't want competition from Canada and do the same. Vivian Krause has written extensively about this.

The cash pipeline opposing Canadian oil pipelines

The anti-pipeline machine is a "directed, network campaign," a new breed of professional, staged activism

https://business.financialpost.com/opinion/vivian-krause-the-cash-pipeline-opposing-canadian-oil-pipelines">https://business.financialpost.com/opin ... -pipelines">https://business.financialpost.com/opinion/vivian-krause-the-cash-pipeline-opposing-canadian-oil-pipelines

Anonymous

It has nothing to do with trade. Canada only has pipelines going to the US. No pipelines to our coasts and to international markets. Thanks to advanced extraction technologies, the US is now the world's biggest producer of oil. With less need of Canadian oil, they discount it. But, if we can get our oil to tidewater, we would get international prices. That is not in America's interests. Hence, American NGO's spend millions interfering in our politics to prevent tidewater pipelines from being built. Russia and Saudi Arabia don't want competition from Canada and do the same. Vivian Krause has written extensively about this.

The anti-pipeline machine is a "directed, network campaign," a new breed of professional, staged activism

https://business.financialpost.com/opinion/vivian-krause-the-cash-pipeline-opposing-canadian-oil-pipelines">https://business.financialpost.com/opin ... -pipelines">https://business.financialpost.com/opinion/vivian-krause-the-cash-pipeline-opposing-canadian-oil-pipelines

I read this costs our country $100 million dollars a day.

caskur

What does Canada trade then? Timber?
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

What does Canada trade then? Timber?

Oil, natural gas and refined products are our biggest exports, but we lose tens of billions every year because all of our pipelines go South instead of to our coasts and international markets..

The USA is the world's biggest producer of oil and doesn't need our oil less all the time, therefore they put big discounts on it.

@realAzhyaAryola

Yes, this is really baffling and very unfortunate and frustrating even to a newcomer to these parts.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"

Yes, this is really baffling and very unfortunate and frustrating even to a newcomer to these parts.

I have relatives in Taiwan that can't understand why we import oil.