Replies: 10410
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:12:59 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

A

Chaos at Shanghai Costco

Started by Anonymous, August 28, 2019, 04:25:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Vancouver

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Berry Sweet"I dont understand why people put themselves in situations where there will be massive people along with very stupid and possible dangerous situations.  I'll take a hard pass.

There's a Philippines fast food chain  called Jollibee..

They just opened their first restaurant in Alberta up in Edmonton..

They have tents set up outside because at any time their is at least a two hour wait..

There is even a new venture  called skip the line where people will wait in line for you.

The first customer was a white man. He lined up for almost three days. Just a glorified fried chicken place.
Time is malleable

Anonymous

Quote from: "TheVancouverGuy"
Quote from: "Berry Sweet"I dont understand why people put themselves in situations where there will be massive people along with very stupid and possible dangerous situations.  I'll take a hard pass.

They have tents set up outside because at any time their is at least a two hour wait..

There is even a new venture  called skip the line where people will wait in line for you.

The first customer was a white man. He lined up for almost three days. Just a glorified fried chicken place.

It seems to be a combination of KFC and McDonald's..

Do they have a restaurant in Vancouver yet?

Vancouver

Not yet. They have weird dishes like fried chicken leg with spaghetti. Filipinos will even have pizza with rice.
Time is malleable

Anonymous

Not yet. They have weird dishes like fried chicken leg with spaghetti. Filipinos will even have pizza with rice.

They are opening one in Calgary soon..

I don't think I want to go to it.

Vancouver

I don't get what is so special about Jollibee. People are lining up for hours to get their food.
Time is malleable

Anonymous

I don't get what is so special about Jollibee. People are lining up for hours to get their food.

I don't get it either. Don't get me wrong, I like fried chicken as a treat, but I'm sure as hell not waiting 2-4 hours in a line to get it.

I doubt I will ever go to Jollibee.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"

I don't get it either. Don't get me wrong, I like fried chicken as a treat, but I'm sure as hell not waiting 2-4 hours in a line to get it.

I doubt I will ever go to Jollibee.

Perhaps Azhya can explain it better, but I feel t's more than just a fast food place to Filipinos....it's part of their culture.

Anonymous

There are two Jollibee stores in Winnipeg. I wouldn't wait two minutes to buy their unhealthy crap.

Anonymous

I saw that on the news. What a nut. Anybody who waits for hours for that artery clogging shit is nuts.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Herman"

I saw that on the news. What a nut. Anybody who waits for hours for that artery clogging shit is nuts.

I saw on the news there were Filipinos in Calgary who drove up to Edmonton for a take out order from Jollibee's.

Anonymous

I don't care what any of you say, I like Costco. ac_sothere

Anonymous

Quote from: "Velvet"I don't care what any of you say, I like Costco. ac_sothere

I do too.

Anonymous

Philippines cuisine is different from the rest of Asia.

Bricktop

Me too!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"

Me too!

They have good stuff. It doesn't make sense for me though.