Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 02:06:59 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

I'm bored.

Started by Bricktop, September 02, 2019, 08:05:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Berry Sweet"I was bored too, so I sparked a spliff. Good times!

:confused1:

A doob, a joint. Weed ffs.

Blazor

:confused1:

:Ghelyon:
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Bricktop

Which may have kept you occupied, but does nothing to put some spark back into our forum.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"

Which may have kept you occupied, but does nothing to put some spark back into our forum.

We are trying..

We know what we have to do.

Bricktop

Don't get me wrong Fash.

I'm not saying anything has to be done. I didn't expect the discussion that followed.

It may be more about me than the forum. I repeat that I find little amusement at the other places either.

But it seems to have precipitated some views that maybe this place could use a spark. That wasn't the intent at all.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"Don't get me wrong Fash.

I'm not saying anything has to be done. I didn't expect the discussion that followed.

It may be more about me than the forum. I repeat that I find little amusement at the other places either.

But it seems to have precipitated some views that maybe this place could use a spark. That wasn't the intent at all.

I recognize what you're saying and I'm working on it Bricktop.

@realAzhyaAryola

This is a catch 22 thing Azhya..

Posters like yourself or Gaon are not going to fake a contrarian position just to make a poster with differing opinions feel welcome.

Glad you noticed that, Fash, but what does that say about the others?

If I say I am here and willing to listen to the other side and I do but the response I get is a series of mud-slinging and name-calling prattle, do you really think that I would just sit still and be quiet? The only time I am quiet is if I firmly believe the other poster does not deserve a response from me or they are too delusional I cannot be bothered to waste time to correct them because everyone can see they are the ones making a fool of themselves.

As I've said before, I truly miss the days when conservatives and liberals argued but were still friends after the argument has concluded. Those days seem to be of a bygone era now.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Berry Sweet

Summer is almost over...more time for posting when it gets cold outside.  While its nice, I prefer to be outside doing something.  We'll spark it up real good!

Anonymous

Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"
This is a catch 22 thing Azhya..

Posters like yourself or Gaon are not going to fake a contrarian position just to make a poster with differing opinions feel welcome.

Glad you noticed that, Fash, but what does that say about the others?

If I say I am here and willing to listen to the other side and I do but the response I get is a series of mud-slinging and name-calling prattle, do you really think that I would just sit still and be quiet? The only time I am quiet is if I firmly believe the other poster does not deserve a response from me or they are too delusional I cannot be bothered to waste time to correct them because everyone can see they are the ones making a fool of themselves.

As I've said before, I truly miss the days when conservatives and liberals argued but were still friends after the argument has concluded. Those days seem to be of a bygone era now.

That is missed..

The writ for our election will be dropped very soon..

Expect a very nasty campaign.

Blazor

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"Summer is almost over...more time for posting when it gets cold outside.  While its nice, I prefer to be outside doing something.  We'll spark it up real good!

Darn tootin' Berry!

ac_dance

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blazor"
Quote from: "Berry Sweet"Summer is almost over...more time for posting when it gets cold outside.  While its nice, I prefer to be outside doing something.  We'll spark it up real good!

Darn tootin' Berry!

ac_dance

I suffer golf withdrawal every winter.

Blazor

Quote from: "seoulbro"
Quote from: "Blazor"

Darn tootin' Berry!

ac_dance

I suffer golf withdrawal every winter.

:laugh:

I bet! I'll miss hiking and camping and driving around with the top and doors off my Jeep. I'll also miss the feeling in my fingers and toes  :laugh:

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "Bricktop"I must admit I am surprised that others feel the same way. Something of a revelation.

Not really. Most people have limited time like old Gaon was saying.

Precisely. I'm one of them.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "Gaon"
Quote from: "Bricktop"I think I'm referring to diversity of intelligent discourse, not a diversity of intellectual capacity. There are some out there with a brain who are quite capable of throwing out alternative opinions using reason and logic. But because we are clearly hostile to their personal beliefs, there is no incentive to join in. We are widely accepted as a right of centre political forum.

I don't think that will change any time soon. Any left of centre views are usually shot down...and I own up to having my finger on the trigger as often as anyone.

But the consequence is a sense of unanimity...and where's the fun in that?

There is no fun in that. But, maybe leftists don't want to post here. Maybe they don't want to be the lone dissenting voice. Perhaps Peaches would post more if there was a fellow leftist.

All I know with certainty, is that I would welcome a reasoned left wing poster who did not engage in discussion killing name calling.

Exactly. There were liberals here before but ask them why they left.  ac_biggrin
@realAzhyaAryola

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "Odinson"The place is stale..

I dont mean the people are stale... But the discussion is a bit stale because we are all like minded.

Back in DV days, the political arguments did not exist but perhaps I just did not participate in them. However, the place was so busy it was like a metropolis. The entire first page threads had posts from the current day not weeks ago. It was like you were part of a place that was so alive but there were so many posters too that you could not keep track of who is who.
@realAzhyaAryola