Replies: 8486
Total votes: : 3

Last post: July 04, 2024, 11:20:11 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

UPDATE - " 23 victims" - 16 locations / crime scenes in Nova Scotia

Started by cc, April 19, 2020, 06:37:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cc

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"The firearms were not legal correct?

At least most were not .. I forget if all were not

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"Apparently Gabriel Wortman was a violent alcoholic who beat his girlfriend. Police investigated his violent attacks and were warned he had illegal firearms.

If they were warned??? Why did they not take them  .. before he used them
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"
Quote from: "iron horse jockey"The firearms were not legal correct?

At least most were not .. I forget if all were not

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"Apparently Gabriel Wortman was a violent alcoholic who beat his girlfriend. Police investigated his violent attacks and were warned he had illegal firearms.

If they were warned??? Why did they not take them  .. before he used them

ac_dunno

Anonymous

How many more people would be dead in Nova Scotia, if there was no police force to stop Gabriel Wortman.

cc

RCMP screwed up even worse it turns out

https://globalnews.ca/news/7311716/nova-scotia-shooting-victim-lawsuit/?utm_source=NewsletterNational&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=2020">Body of Nova Scotia shooting victim allegedly transported by tow truck while left in his vehicle

The body of a Nova Scotia shooting victim was allegedly transported from a crime scene by a tow truck while still inside his vehicle, according to an amended version of a proposed class action lawsuit filed against the RCMP, the federal government and the province.

"(The RCMP) allowed a deceased victim's body to remain in a vehicle while said vehicle was towed from a crime scene to be collected and analysed as evidence, rather than ensuring that the body was first removed and cared for in the appropriate manner before the vehicle was seized," the amended lawsuit claims.

The claim does not identify the victim by name. However, the two lawyers who represent victims of the shooting spree and victims' family members told Global News the body was that of Joey Webber, a 36-year-old man who was killed by the gunman when he reportedly stopped to assist RCMP Cst. Heidi Stevenson after she was attacked.

"Joey Webber's family is deeply troubled by how his body was treated," said the family's lawyer Sandra McCulloch.

Webber was one of 22 people killed in a 13-hour shooting spree on the weekend of April 18 and 19.

"They received videos and photographs from just regular citizens that showed Joey's body was left in his car for eight or nine hours and then transported on a tow truck," Pineo said.

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=378626 time=1599076272 user_id=88
RCMP screwed up even worse it turns out

https://globalnews.ca/news/7311716/nova-scotia-shooting-victim-lawsuit/?utm_source=NewsletterNational&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=2020">Body of Nova Scotia shooting victim allegedly transported by tow truck while left in his vehicle

The body of a Nova Scotia shooting victim was allegedly transported from a crime scene by a tow truck while still inside his vehicle, according to an amended version of a proposed class action lawsuit filed against the RCMP, the federal government and the province.

"(The RCMP) allowed a deceased victim's body to remain in a vehicle while said vehicle was towed from a crime scene to be collected and analysed as evidence, rather than ensuring that the body was first removed and cared for in the appropriate manner before the vehicle was seized," the amended lawsuit claims.

The claim does not identify the victim by name. However, the two lawyers who represent victims of the shooting spree and victims' family members told Global News the body was that of Joey Webber, a 36-year-old man who was killed by the gunman when he reportedly stopped to assist RCMP Cst. Heidi Stevenson after she was attacked.

"Joey Webber's family is deeply troubled by how his body was treated," said the family's lawyer Sandra McCulloch.

Webber was one of 22 people killed in a 13-hour shooting spree on the weekend of April 18 and 19.

"They received videos and photographs from just regular citizens that showed Joey's body was left in his car for eight or nine hours and then transported on a tow truck," Pineo said.

The RCMP handled everything about that mass killing spree badly.

cc

The investigation is now being reported ... what a mess this thing was

I have to allow there were few cops over the larger area this guy killed 22 people .. both night before & them again in morning

Many more cops should have been sent in  to cover the whole area

Now, this is extremely bad form!! Mistaken for mass killer, man recalls shot 'like a sonic boom' as RCMP fired at him

At 10:17 a.m., as Westlake was chatting with an RCMP officer parked in front of the building, he watched in disbelief as a car screeched to a halt about 80 metres away and two men emerged with rifles. As both took aim at him, he made a dash for the firehall.

"I remember a shot that sounded like a sonic boom and then another one that was really loud, and I'm moving at this time," Westlake told a public inquiry investigating the worst mass shooting in modern Canadian history.

The two shooters were RCMP officers who mistakenly assumed Westlake was the killer, mainly because he was wearing a yellow-and-orange reflective vest that matched the police description of what the suspect was wearing.

Westlake's dramatic account of what happened that day was given to an inquiry investigator on June 15, 2021. The release Monday of a document that includes excerpts from that interview marks the first time the public has heard Westlake's version of events.

{Again, cops were greatly overwhelmed what with the shooter's use of cop car & clothing +++ ... but shooting at a running away person with no weapons was very WAY off .. cops almost killed a fireman and shot up the firestation ... the whole thing was a fkup from the gitgo ending with 22 killed in almost as many individual incidents ]

Repeated communication failures were partly to blame for the Nova Scotia RCMP's inability to stop a gunman from killing 22 people over a 13-hour span in April 2020, recently released documents show ... not to mention miscommunication of a victim saying "perfectly decked out cop car & uniform" getting discounted

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=446474 time=1649710781 user_id=88

I have to allow there were few cops over the larger area this guy killed 22 people .. both night before & them again in morning

Now, this is extremely bad form!! Mistaken for mass killer, man recalls shot 'like a sonic boom' as RCMP fired at him

At 10:17 a.m., as Westlake was chatting with an RCMP officer parked in front of the building, he watched in disbelief as a car screeched to a halt about 80 metres away and two men emerged with rifles. As both took aim at him, he made a dash for the firehall.

"I remember a shot that sounded like a sonic boom and then another one that was really loud, and I'm moving at this time," Westlake told a public inquiry investigating the worst mass shooting in modern Canadian history.

The two shooters were RCMP officers who mistakenly assumed Westlake was the killer, mainly because he was wearing a yellow-and-orange reflective vest that matched the police description of what the suspect was wearing.

Westlake's dramatic account of what happened that day was given to an inquiry investigator on June 15, 2021. The release Monday of a document that includes excerpts from that interview marks the first time the public has heard Westlake's version of events.

{Again, cops were greatly overwhelmed what with the shooter's use of cop car & clothing +++ ... but shooting at a running away person with no weapons was very WAY off .. cops almost killed a fireman and shot up the firestation ... the whole thing was a fkup from the gitgo ending with 22 killed in almost as many individual incidents ]

Repeated communication failures were partly to blame for the Nova Scotia RCMP's inability to stop a gunman from killing 22 people over a 13-hour span in April 2020, recently released documents show ... not to mention miscommunication of a victim saying "perfectly decked out cop car & uniform" getting discounted

The Nova Scotia RC's really screwed the pooch.

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=446474 time=1649710781 user_id=88

How did they mess this up so badly.......I guess that's what they will find out.

cc

Yes, that's what they are detailing now.

I have never heard of such an ongoing many hours long screwup upon screwup upon screwup

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=446509 time=1649723008 user_id=88
Yes, that's what they are detailing now.

I have never heard of such an ongoing many hours long screwup upon screwup upon screwup

People died because they got it o wrong.

cc

I'm not down on cops at all ..I count on them to be my  protectors in a pinch

That said, this was unbelievably messed up over & over for 13 hours long - Today's finding that they shot at a fireman & the firehouse because he had emergency person vest on & ran like hell when they both pointed guns at him was mindboggling

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=446513 time=1649723622 user_id=88
I'm not down on cops at all ..I count on them to be my  my protectors in a pinch

That said, this was unbelievably messed up over & over for 13 hours

I'm not either cc......my younger brother is a policeman..

He gas said too that so many mistakes were made that shouldn't have happened.