Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 06:52:08 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

My AR is ready for you

Started by Blazor, September 13, 2019, 10:16:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Odinson

Blazor

Quote from: "Odinson".... Americans dont know how to shoot.

Hey now! Not all of us! lol

Especially around my neck of the woods, lot of accurate riflemen.

Long ago, my friend had an AK47, had the attachment to make it fully auto, he basically gave it away. Wish I had been of age to buy it at the time.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Odinson

Here are some songs for gun owners.

">

Odinson

Next...

I killed a girl and I liked it.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Odinson"Here are some songs for gun owners.

">

Odi, where did you find this?

Odinson

Quote from: "Fashionista"

">

Odi, where did you find this?

Youtube..

It was in my recommended..

I´ve been listening to friday the 13th soundtrack.

Anonymous

">

:roll:

Odinson

Blazor

Anonymous

Quote from: "Odinson"I prefer the AK-47 and its variants..

Far more reliable..

And I think American reviews of the AK-47 are biased..

They dont even try to wield it tactical style.

And the myth of the AK-47 being inaccurate is bullshit.... Americans dont know how to shoot.

I have always shot with RK-62 or AK-47 and I havent noticed any lacking on the accuracy..

I mostly agree with you.  I've been familiar with both the Kalashnikov and Stoner families of weapons, and frankly I'm un-American enough to hold a strong bias for the former.

I have to quibble about "accuracy" though.  Both designs are considered to have a practical effective range of 300m, whereas the long-range shooters I sometimes hang out with like to shoot in the 400-600 meter range.  Both the 5.56 and the 7.62x39 are ballistically unsatisfactory at such ranges.  

I've never owned a modern military rifle or assault rifle, and few long guns for that matter.  I'm more of a city boy living in a semi-rural area where there are few opportunities for long-rang shooting.

Anonymous

Hunting for food is not cruel

Where's the beef?

Out in the Canadian woods, apparently.

Blog TO (and freshdaily) want you to have a nervous breakdown because hunters are posting pictures of their kill — mostly deer — now that hunting season is upon us.

Let's not take that bait, people. Canadian hunters have mouths to feed.

What was it Gary Dunford used to say? Everybody wants a hamburger, but nobody wants to see the meat grinder ... something like that.

Nobody wants to know about killing the cow and removing the hide and butchering the meat, etc. Yergh!! Pass the ketchup.

If you eat meat, you can't really argue that hunting and posting pictures of the kill are offensive. Every hunter responding in high dudgeon to blogto made it clear that hunting puts food on the table — a protein source most claimed to be superior to the meat from factory farmed animals available at your local grocery store.

Many hunters responded by pointing out the need to cull the deer herd (now that natural predators are on the wane) while others wrote about the conservation work done by hunters and fishers.

Some people referenced cultural norms; others spoke about life outside the big city.

The one thing nobody mentioned was hunting for the sake of killing things, which most would agree is some kind of abomination.

Why would anyone hunt and kill an elephant or a giraffe or a wild cat?

Rule of thumb: If you can't eat it, don't kill it. Photos of the Eric and Donnie Trump Jr. (or anyone else) with dead animals they've shot for 'sport' are a good reminder of the many connections between cruelty to animals and cruelty to people. Is this the right place to mention that many infamous serial killers got their start in childhood, killing neighbourhood cats and dogs?

Anyone who is cruel to animals is suspect.

As for posing with the bloody dead deer you just killed and posting that photo on social media, yeah — that's not something everyone can get behind. It's kind of gross if that's not your thing.

On the other hand, does anyone really want to see pictures of your car, or your lunch, or your naked bum? They do not, but these photos are also posted by people on the regular. So chacun son gout, which is one of those fancy French phrases that is difficult to translate but more or less means everyone likes his own goat best.

If it bothers you that people eat deer at all — Bambiiii! — remember that the Chinese, Italians and Mexicans (among many others) eat horse meat and Koreans and Nigerians eat dog.

North Americans eat spareribs from a dear, smart, pink little piggie but would never, ever eat Fido! Go figure.

In New Guinea, the Biyani and Korowai tribes allegedly still eat people.

Let's hope they have no access to social media.

Blazor

Quote from: "seoulbro"

:roll:

I wish I would've had somewhere to go hunt this year, but the friends that mentioned it in the summer never got back with me during season. Fuckers. lol

My gf is one of those "protect the deer" libs. While I understand that, I would much rather see a deer on a plate than dead on the side of the highway. Too many deer equals more dead on the highway. Also she eats cow, which I think get treated much more cruelly than a deer. At least I say a prayer upon the deer I take down.

Anonymous

I have never been a hunter, but I don't have a problem with it. I fish. What's the diff.

Anonymous

Quote from: "seoulbro"Hunting for food is not cruel

Where's the beef?

Out in the Canadian woods, apparently.

Blog TO (and freshdaily) want you to have a nervous breakdown because hunters are posting pictures of their kill — mostly deer — now that hunting season is upon us.

Let's not take that bait, people. Canadian hunters have mouths to feed.

What was it Gary Dunford used to say? Everybody wants a hamburger, but nobody wants to see the meat grinder ... something like that.

Nobody wants to know about killing the cow and removing the hide and butchering the meat, etc. Yergh!! Pass the ketchup.

If you eat meat, you can't really argue that hunting and posting pictures of the kill are offensive. Every hunter responding in high dudgeon to blogto made it clear that hunting puts food on the table — a protein source most claimed to be superior to the meat from factory farmed animals available at your local grocery store.

Many hunters responded by pointing out the need to cull the deer herd (now that natural predators are on the wane) while others wrote about the conservation work done by hunters and fishers.

Some people referenced cultural norms; others spoke about life outside the big city.

The one thing nobody mentioned was hunting for the sake of killing things, which most would agree is some kind of abomination.

Why would anyone hunt and kill an elephant or a giraffe or a wild cat?

Rule of thumb: If you can't eat it, don't kill it. Photos of the Eric and Donnie Trump Jr. (or anyone else) with dead animals they've shot for 'sport' are a good reminder of the many connections between cruelty to animals and cruelty to people. Is this the right place to mention that many infamous serial killers got their start in childhood, killing neighbourhood cats and dogs?

Anyone who is cruel to animals is suspect.

As for posing with the bloody dead deer you just killed and posting that photo on social media, yeah — that's not something everyone can get behind. It's kind of gross if that's not your thing.

On the other hand, does anyone really want to see pictures of your car, or your lunch, or your naked bum? They do not, but these photos are also posted by people on the regular. So chacun son gout, which is one of those fancy French phrases that is difficult to translate but more or less means everyone likes his own goat best.

If it bothers you that people eat deer at all — Bambiiii! — remember that the Chinese, Italians and Mexicans (among many others) eat horse meat and Koreans and Nigerians eat dog.

North Americans eat spareribs from a dear, smart, pink little piggie but would never, ever eat Fido! Go figure.

Nothing like the taste of elk and moose.

Odinson

Cows have a sad existence..

Deers live free.

We are among deers natural enemies..

Its part of the circle of life when we kill and eat deer..

Print
User actions