The best topic

Replies: 10392
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 08:39:50 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

A

17-year-old killed, 5 injured in shooting at Mississauga(suburban Toronto) apartment complex

Started by Anonymous, September 15, 2019, 08:44:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"Will someone please explain to me what an "illegal" firearm is?

One that was not purchased lawfully. Meaning the owner does not possess either a restricted or non restricted PAL.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "iron horse jockey"
There's a person on another forum that routinely uses tragedy to further her agenda..

I find that morally repugnant.

I'm astounded to hear this judgment from you.

Although I haven't been reading at SG of late, I've known and argued with Lotus for well over a decade, going back to the old Yahoo boards and continuing on a succession of smaller ones.  

I would agree that she's an accomplished troll who's tenacious and fearless, but I don't really find her trolling morally repugnant.  I believe her to be an intelligent, moral, and passionate human being whose political slant as well as her style does piss some people off.

It sounds to me like she has somehow gotten under someone's skin.  I am sincerely curious as to how this happened, and I'd appreciate more info and perhaps some links to the moral stuff.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Peaches"
There's a person on another forum that routinely uses tragedy to further her agenda..

Although I haven't been reading at SG of late, I've known and argued with Lotus for well over a decade, going back to the old Yahoo boards and continuing on a succession of smaller ones.  

I would agree that she's an accomplished troll who's tenacious and fearless, but I don't really find her trolling morally repugnant.  I believe her to be an intelligent, moral, and passionate human being whose political slant as well as her style does piss some people off.

It sounds to me like she has somehow gotten under someone's skin.  I am sincerely curious as to how this happened, and I'd appreciate more info and perhaps some links to the moral stuff.

Anybody that uses tragedy to further an agenda doesn't care about the tragedy..

That includes the person posted the op.

Anonymous

If you mean to denote THIS thread, and thus IHJ, then I'll say that it's quite common for posters everywhere to speculate about the ethnicity or race of perpetrators based on a breaking story.  I personally find it tiresome but I hardly believe it's an exemplar of moral turpitude.

Moreover, at least 70% of this forum's members do it, some of them very consistently.  By "it" I mean to say the speculation itself, not the specific qualities being speculated upon.

Anonymous

If you mean to denote THIS thread, and thus IHJ, then I'll say that it's quite common for posters everywhere to speculate about the ethnicity or race of perpetrators based on a breaking story.  I personally find it tiresome but I hardly believe it's an exemplar of moral turpitude.

Moreover, at least 70% of this forum's members do it, some of them very consistently.  By "it" I mean to say the speculation itself, not the specific qualities being speculated upon.

I serves no purpose other than to justify IHJ's xenophobia.

Anonymous

I serves no purpose other than to justify IHJ's xenophobia.

:001_tongue:

Anonymous

I'd say she is saying old Jock is pulling a locustbud.

Bricktop

If that agenda is to prevent further tragedies, then they are perfectly entitled to cite examples of the cause and consequences of the problem.

Police forces everywhere provide warnings and cautionary messages after fatal vehicular accidents condemning poor driver behaviour.

Is THAT immoral?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"

If that agenda is to prevent further tragedies, then they are perfectly entitled to cite examples of the cause and consequences of the problem.

Police forces everywhere provide warnings and cautionary messages after fatal vehicular accidents condemning poor driver behaviour.

Is THAT immoral?

If they condemn East Asian drivers, than yes, it's immoral.

Bricktop

If the number of east Asian drivers involved in fatal collisions in which they are at fault is proportionally high, where is the line of morality then?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"If the number of east Asian drivers involved in fatal collisions in which they are at fault is proportionally high, where is the line of morality then?

East Asians can be as good or as bad behind the wheel of cars as anyone else.

Bricktop

I disagree.

Their general driving ability as demonstrated on our roads is below average.

Anonymous

cc

It would be good to see some accident and offense stats to see exactly what the story really is

However, that would not happen. We are now in a world  where any stats done by group is "verboten"
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"It would be good to see some accident and offense stats to see exactly what the story really is

However, that would not happen. We are now in a world  where any stats done by group is "verboten"

It would not bother my old lady.