Replies: 10403
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

A

Food, housing, gas rising fast: Experts

Started by Anonymous, October 13, 2019, 10:47:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blazor"
Quote from: "Velvet"
Quote from: "Herman"
After this weekend with my son and his gf here, I drank a lot. Even by my standards. I am going on the wagon. No barrel wash for old Herman until Wednesday.

Lol, my one friend is doing Sober October. My bday is this month, so Im not doing that lol, but I was thinking of doing No Booze November  :laugh:

My son turns 21 in December lol.

Happy birthday Blazor.  December is a hard month to be sober.

Thanks, its next Friday  ac_drinks

Oh no, I'll drink in December, just not November lol. No Booze November  :laugh:

I havent had a break from alcohol in a long time. I mean I skip days, but I havent skipped a week in a long time. I "may" cheat, and still have at least one beer at the fiddle jam lol.

I don't drink much in the winter when I am supervising rigs. I live in wellsite trailer and I am on call twenty four hours a day.

Blazor

After this weekend with my son and his gf here, I drank a lot. Even by my standards. I am going on the wagon. No barrel wash for old Herman until Wednesday.

Lol, my one friend is doing Sober October. My bday is this month, so Im not doing that lol, but I was thinking of doing No Booze November  :laugh:

Oh no, I'll drink in December, just not November lol. No Booze November  :laugh:

I havent had a break from alcohol in a long time. I mean I skip days, but I havent skipped a week in a long time. I "may" cheat, and still have at least one beer at the fiddle jam lol.

I don't drink much in the winter when I am supervising rigs. I live in wellsite trailer and I am on call twenty four hours a day.

I dont blame you one bit.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Anonymous

It's good money, it bought my land, it put my boy through university, but I don't want to be away from home anymore. Not even three months a yea. It's not the type of work you do until you are sixty five.

Anonymous

It's good money, it bought my land, it put my boy through university, but I don't want to be away from home anymore. Not even three months a yea. It's not the type of work you do until you are sixty five.

I am getting tired of my job too. I am getting tired of Winnipeg. I am getting tired of Canada. I am cynical as hell.

Blazor

Its one of the reasons I never became a truck driver, gone 3 weeks a month.

Yeah you wanna enjoy life some before you die lol.

Anonymous

Were you considering it Blazor?

Anonymous

No money in it anymore. Specialized trucking like hauling dangerous goods short distances is better. You sleep in your own bed too.

Blazor

Quote from: "Fashionista"

Were you considering it Blazor?

I did when I was a teen. Found out rules had changed, and I think you had to be 21, but companies wouldnt hire you to train unless you were 25. So, I delivered pizzas lol. And back then it was good money, not anymore.

Blazor

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"

No money in it anymore. Specialized trucking like hauling dangerous goods short distances is better. You sleep in your own bed too.

So many rules these days too. I like my pot too much too lol.

Anonymous

Even though marijuana is legal in Canada, my husband's company still screens applicants for drugs and alcohol for safety sensitive positions.

Blazor

Even though marijuana is legal in Canada, my husband's company still screens applicants for drugs and alcohol for safety sensitive positions.

I dont like companies that piss test, cause they dont pay me 24 hours, only 8, what I do with the rest of my day is up to me.

I understand safety, and know one does not get high or drunk at work, but after work it shouldnt matter.

Anonymous

I dont like companies that piss test, cause they dont pay me 24 hours, only 8, what I do with the rest of my day is up to me.

I understand safety, and know one does not get high or drunk at work, but after work it shouldnt matter.

They do a swab test now that can tell if you smoked marijuana in the last twelve hours.

Blazor

They do a swab test now that can tell if you smoked marijuana in the last twelve hours.

Oh ok, well that sounds fair enough lol.

Anonymous

I did when I was a teen. Found out rules had changed, and I think you had to be 21, but companies wouldnt hire you to train unless you were 25. So, I delivered pizzas lol. And back then it was good money, not anymore.

Pakis have taken over the tucking industry in Canada and slashed profit margins and wages.

Anonymous

Pakis have taken over the tucking industry in Canada and slashed profit margins and wages.

I see billboards on the highway advertising for drivers. I thought demand would have raised wages. But, if profit margins in the transport sector are shrinking.