Replies: 10400
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 04:37:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lokmar

A

Wexit

Started by Anonymous, October 22, 2019, 04:02:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"
Quote from: "Gaon"I cannot believe what I am witnessing. We will go back to Israel if Canada becomes two nations.

I do not think it will happen at all.

The status quo is no longer an option either.

I agree.  Fuck the east.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"
Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"
Quote from: "Gaon"I cannot believe what I am witnessing. We will go back to Israel if Canada becomes two nations.

I do not think it will happen at all.

The status quo is no longer an option either.

I agree.  Fuck the east.

Maybe they need a reminder that the federal government's job is not to block the economic development of one region of the country.

Anonymous

From Statscan - the exports / imports for ABSKMB is surplus +$94 billion. The export / imports deficit for Eastern Canada is -$145 billion. BC is deficit of -$12 billion.

Canada net deficit in exports / imports is -$60 billion. Majority of AB export / imports is with the USA. Net is Canada needs Alberta.

Anonymous

In 2017 according to Statscan Alberta paid $50.3 Billion to Ottawa, received 28.4 billion for a net contribution of $21.842 billion. In 2014 the net contribution was $27.06 billion. So alberta would have $50 billion to decide how to allocate.

Anonymous

Quote from: "seoulbro"In 2017 according to Statscan Alberta paid $50.3 Billion to Ottawa, received 28.4 billion for a net contribution of $21.842 billion. In 2014 the net contribution was $27.06 billion. So alberta would have $50 billion to decide how to allocate.

Canada cannot survive without Alberta and SK.

Anonymous

Quote from: "seoulbro"From Statscan - the exports / imports for ABSKMB is surplus +$94 billion. The export / imports deficit for Eastern Canada is -$145 billion. BC is deficit of -$12 billion.

Canada net deficit in exports / imports is -$60 billion. Majority of AB export / imports is with the USA. Net is Canada needs Alberta.

Canada would go broke without Alberta.

Anonymous

Alberta county calls for independence referendum

https://westernstandardonline.com/2019/11/alberta-county-calls-for-independence-referendum/?fbclid=IwAR3hhWenQWzQ1OzegYtz_hwaZm0I9UPYTNpfVcUWZ73VCrH1g9N5-g7om8Y">https://westernstandardonline.com/2019/ ... 9N5-g7om8Y">https://westernstandardonline.com/2019/11/alberta-county-calls-for-independence-referendum/?fbclid=IwAR3hhWenQWzQ1OzegYtz_hwaZm0I9UPYTNpfVcUWZ73VCrH1g9N5-g7om8Y

Wheatland County in southern Alberta passed a resolution on Tuesday demanding changes in confederation – that if rejected by Ottawa – would trigger a referendum on Alberta's independence.

STRATHMORE, AB: Wheatland County in southern Alberta passed a resolution on Tuesday demanding changes in confederation – that if rejected by Ottawa – would trigger a referendum on Alberta's independence.

The resolution, by Jason Wilson, a councillor in Wheatland County, was passed unanimously and will now be sent to municipalities and cities across Alberta for their input.

The motion calls for the province's withdrawal from the Canada Pension Plan, a start to collecting it's own income tax, the end of equalization payments, Senate reform, replacing the RCMP and better control over immigration into Alberta.

Wilson's resolution says if those issues aren't dealt with then a referendum on independence would be held Oct. 18, 2021.

"We can't silence debate. I'm not a separatist. I'm an Albertan and I want to fix confederation," Wilson said at the council meeting near Strathmore Tuesday.

"If things aren't fixed we are going to continue to bend over."

Wilson was a Jason Kenney delegate for his 2017 run for the PC leadership, and currently holds memberships in the United Conservative Party of Alberta, Freedom Conservative Party of Alberta, and the People's Party of Canada.

People's Party of Canada candidate for the area's Bow River constituency Tom Ikert is also a Wheatland councillor, and voted for the motion.

The reeve of Wheatland County, Amber Link, said she expected the motion to be met with strong support across the province.

In an interview, Wilson told the Western Standard it was a deep sense of frustration that led to him bringing forward the motion.

He said while door-knocking for a friend running for office, all he heard from voters was their frustration where Alberta is at the moment in Confederation.

"I'm a sixth generation Albertan. Our family has lost members in both World Wars. They were fighting for a better future that might now be getting thrown under the bus. Our family didn't lose (a member) in World War One to have Justin Trudeau throw away all our values," he said.

Wilson said he will now work with other municipal officials across the province to "tweak" the motion to have it ready for a central zone meeting in February, followed by a province-wide meeting in March.

Anonymous

Former NB premier Frank McKenna.

https://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/canada/video/alberta-canary-in-coal-mine-for-canada-s-energy-divide-frank-mckenna~1821012">https://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/canada/vide ... na~1821012">https://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/canada/video/alberta-canary-in-coal-mine-for-canada-s-energy-divide-frank-mckenna~1821012

Anonymous

https://www.macleans.ca/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/WEXIT-ALBERTA-GERSON-NOV07-810x445-1573147952.jpg">

Anonymous

I thought this was interesting.

There is at least one major politician in this country who has publicly expressed a desire to separate from Canada if he didn't get his way politically.

That politician is Justin Trudeau.

In 2012, he said on Radio-Canada: "I always say, if there came a point where I thought Canada really was Stephen Harper's Canada—that we were against abortion, against gay marriage, that we went backwards in 10,000 different ways—maybe I'd consider making Quebec a country. Oh yes. Absolutely. I know my values very well, even if I no longer recognized Canada."

Within days, he turned on that position entirely. All was forgiven and forgotten.

Jason Kenney, the premier of Alberta, does not get such an easy ride. For merely bringing up the fact that separatist sentiment in Alberta is on the rise—a trend apparent years before he returned to Midnapore from Ottawa—he has been lambasted as a politician attempting to stoke that sentiment for his own political gain. As if he needed the boost.

https://www.macleans.ca/news/canada/why-so-many-albertans-are-giving-up-on-their-country/?utm_source=UrbanAirship&utm_medium=WebNotifications&utm_campaign=MME_WN&utm_term=07-Nov-2019&utm_content=Gerson_on_Wexit">https://www.macleans.ca/news/canada/why ... n_on_Wexit">https://www.macleans.ca/news/canada/why-so-many-albertans-are-giving-up-on-their-country/?utm_source=UrbanAirship&utm_medium=WebNotifications&utm_campaign=MME_WN&utm_term=07-Nov-2019&utm_content=Gerson_on_Wexit

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"I thought this was interesting.

There is at least one major politician in this country who has publicly expressed a desire to separate from Canada if he didn't get his way politically.

In 2012, he said on Radio-Canada: "I always say, if there came a point where I thought Canada really was Stephen Harper's Canada—that we were against abortion, against gay marriage, that we went backwards in 10,000 different ways—maybe I'd consider making Quebec a country. Oh yes. Absolutely. I know my values very well, even if I no longer recognized Canada."

Within days, he turned on that position entirely. All was forgiven and forgotten.

Jason Kenney, the premier of Alberta, does not get such an easy ride. For merely bringing up the fact that separatist sentiment in Alberta is on the rise—a trend apparent years before he returned to Midnapore from Ottawa—he has been lambasted as a politician attempting to stoke that sentiment for his own political gain. As if he needed the boost.

https://www.macleans.ca/news/canada/why-so-many-albertans-are-giving-up-on-their-country/?utm_source=UrbanAirship&utm_medium=WebNotifications&utm_campaign=MME_WN&utm_term=07-Nov-2019&utm_content=Gerson_on_Wexit">https://www.macleans.ca/news/canada/why ... n_on_Wexit">https://www.macleans.ca/news/canada/why-so-many-albertans-are-giving-up-on-their-country/?utm_source=UrbanAirship&utm_medium=WebNotifications&utm_campaign=MME_WN&utm_term=07-Nov-2019&utm_content=Gerson_on_Wexit

Only Quebeckers are allowed to talk like this.

Anonymous

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"
Quote from: "Fashionista"I thought this was interesting.

Only Quebeckers are allowed to talk like this.

I remember Justine saying this.

Anonymous

Are you listening Eastern Canada

https://www.todayville.com/election-follow-up-a-proud-canadians-heartbreaking-breakup-letter-with-canada/?fbclid=IwAR3qOYdTAYnV5MNx-ncUqQdjIc3hSIXmBXaxDoVNTVnXL06-D6bTjL5broQ">https://www.todayville.com/election-fol ... 6bTjL5broQ">https://www.todayville.com/election-follow-up-a-proud-canadians-heartbreaking-breakup-letter-with-canada/?fbclid=IwAR3qOYdTAYnV5MNx-ncUqQdjIc3hSIXmBXaxDoVNTVnXL06-D6bTjL5broQ

Election follow up: A proud Canadian's heartbreaking breakup letter with Canada

ubmitted by Mark Meincke of Okotoks

Dear Canada,

When I was a child, Pierre Elliott Trudeau was our Prime Minister, and when he instituted the National Energy Program, Alberta was devastated. My Dad was a successful business owner, who employed dozens and dozens of people. All his employees lost their jobs. We declared bankruptcy, and were foreclosed on. My Dad lost everything, so my parents, my sister and I lost our home.

Our family went from being successful, to living in our Uncles basement for a year. Our family spent a full year, with 10 people in a house that only had one bathroom. It was rough for all of us...but we made it through. Alberta eventually recovered, but our family never fully bounced back, and we still feel the pain to this day.

On October 21rst, you re-elected Justin Trudeau to be your Prime Minister.

Like you, I'm a proud Canadian, and have proven my loyalty by risking my life in a war zone to protect our country. I was wounded there, and have been suffering from those wounds for over 20 years. My family has also suffered from those wounds, and is still suffering today.

Canada, you elected a Prime Minister who said that Veterans were asking for more than the government is willing to give....so every day another Veteran who is desperate for help, takes their own life. Their cries for help continue to go unanswered.

Canada, you elected a Government who has openly declared they will destroy the Alberta energy sector, which will destroy Alberta. Your response..."Well, I guess Alberta should have diversified their economy...so tough luck". You don't seem to understand, that it's more than the oil sector you've shut down. Hundreds of restaurants have already shut down, with hundreds more about too.. Downtown Calgary high rises are vacant, property values are dropping, and businesses of all sorts are evaporating with no end in sight.

Tens of thousands of people have lost their jobs, have gone bankrupt, and have lost their homes. Suicide is on the rise, and mental health is on the decline. All of this pain...and you don't seem to notice. Still...somehow it is US who is paying YOU equalization payments. How is this possible? If you won't help us by sending the cash back in our direction, at least stop taking our money until we can get back on our feet....please!

Canada, you chose to replace the cleanest, most ethical oil in the world with Saudi oil. By doing so, you are supporting a dictatorship that kills homosexuals, and subjugates women. How can you be in favor of human rights, gay rights, and women's rights....and yet support Saudi oil?

The result of your decision, is LESS clean, ethical oil, and MORE dirty, unethical oil. ZERO improvement will occur with carbon emissions, instead there will be MORE emissions, and LESS progress on human rights. Destroying the Alberta energy sector goes against all of your beliefs and morals...yet somehow you still justify your decision.

When we pleaded for help, you rolled your eyes. When Alberta warned you that our separtist sentiment was on the rise, you scoffed. When Justin Trudeau...the man who openly hates the west won the election...you cheered. You cheered for the devastation of the west.

I love you Canada..I love you so very much. I love you so much that I've given all that I have to give to you. I love you, but we are in an abusive relationship.

There is no pain so great as unrequited love.

A good marriage is one where each has an equal say. A good marriage is one where each respects the opinions of the other, even if they disagree. In a good marriage, each spouse not just allows for the individuality of the other, they support and encourage individuality.

Alberta has done all that we can to be a good partner to you. We have put bread on the table, paid your bills, put your kids through school, and supported your freedom to be whoever you want to be. But still, ...you don't love us back. You don't even want to treat us as casual friends. Alberta feels more than just left out, we feel despised.

Dear Canada, the time has come for us to go our separate ways. We love you...SOOOO MUCH, but we now realize that you will never love us back. For most of my life, Separation was not a possibility, but now I realize it's the only way we can survive.

Heart broken,

Alberta

(Written by Mark E. Meincke, blending his real life story with the persona of Alberta)

Anonymous

Great post Herman..

That's a good analogy between Alberta and the Eastern establishment.

Anonymous

READY FOR LONG GAME

Premier Kenney says he needs political ammo to make sure Trans Mountain upgrade is built

CALGARY — You can expect everything and the kitchen sink will be put on the table.

Everything, that is, except splitting from Canada since Premier Jason Kenney says he will always be a proud Canadian.

Kenney speaks in

Red Deer Saturday.

His words are expected to be full of red-meat politics. The crowd will be hungry.

He has a game plan, organizing town halls across the province, some before Christmas. A panel will listen to what Albertans have to say in what will be the winter of our discontent.

By spring, Kenney wants a report on where Alberta should go from here.

Albertans expect action. Talk was cheap, now it's worth squat.

The premier knows full well where the wind is blowing and how hard it blows.

Kenney says there's a "compelling case" to do what Quebec did, exit the Canada Pension Plan and start an Alberta one.

Such a trial balloon went nowhere almost 20 years ago with another Liberal government hostile to Alberta.

The number crunchers say without Alberta in the CPP, other Canadians would have to pay more and Albertans would pay less in their own plan.

An exit would make the mucky-mucks in arrogant Ottawa sick to their well-fed stomachs.

You see, Albertans contribute more to CPP than Alberta retirees receive in payments.

From 2008 to 2017, what Albertans paid into CPP over and above what Alberta retirees scored in pension cash was almost $28 billion. That's nearly four times higher than Ontario, the next highest contributor.

Kind of reminds you of equalization.

Kenney admits a lot of Albertans want a referendum vote on equalization now. They want to force Trudeau to negotiate with Alberta. Kenney defends his position to hold the vote in two years.

He needs the vote to get the Trans Mountain pipeline built.

"If we blow all our ammunition right now what leverage do we have 12, 18, 24 months from now when there are New Democrats and Green party members chaining themselves to pipes and tractors in the war in the woods?

"What leverage do we have on the federal government to ensure the application of the rule of law for the completion of that pipeline?"

The premier doesn't completely write off the NDP or Bloc Quebecois trying to scuttle the project.

Then there's Trudeau, talking big in Quebec about standing up to the big oil companies. That still bugs us. What did Kenney tell him? "If you want to stand up to our energy industry then why are you prepared to take the revenues it generates and the jobs it creates?"

But he does. The premier may also push Ottawa for an equalization rebate in these tough times. We shall see.

On Thursday, Notley and Kenney scuffle on the premier's fight-back stance but the NDP leader played palsy-walsy with Trudeau. She's not in the game.

Shannon Stubbs is a Conservative MP from Alberta. Stubbs calls it as she sees it. What she sees isn't pretty.

Albertans have been kicked when they're down.

Many folks are at the end of their rope and if they don't see some light at the end of the tunnel soon they'll start looking for an exit door from what has become an abusive relationship with Ottawa.

And please, don't say Albertans are alienated.

Nobody says: You know, I feel alienated today.

As Stubbs puts it, people are furious. They don't want special treatment. They just want the prime minister and the government to stop attacking them.

They see the election as "the rest of the country vindicating the prime minister."

What's going on is not just blowing off steam.

"It's not ranting over a couple of beers or getting all carried away with your friends at the 6 a.m. coffee before you go out for another frustrating day in this disastrous harvest."

"It's a grave crisis" and "it's absolutely appalling the prime minister seems completely unaware of that and it's a direct result of him."

If Trans Mountain doesn't get done, "people will be apoplectic."

An Alberta Pension Plan might get Ottawa to pay attention. Equalization is the hot button. Others want to hold Alberta back but they want our dough at the same time. Stubbs almost spits out the words as she speaks of the "galling double-standard and hypocrisy."

Kenney says this fight is a marathon, not a sprint.

Earlier this week one of his team, Airdrie's Angela Pitt, asks a good question.

"What does this government say to those struggling to wave a Canadian flag in this beautiful province?"

The clock ticks and, unlike a marathon, the finish line is unknown.