Last post: May 19, 2024, 11:52:50 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Don Cherry Out Over Comments

Started by @realAzhyaAryola, November 11, 2019, 03:22:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "Gaon"
Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"
Quote from: "Gaon"I am a newer immigrant and I bought a poppy.

I respect that, Gaon. Very good.

I am also a veteran. I would like to join the Legion if I could.

Excellent.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"In the world of a very few years ago, Cherry's issue would have been very minor, a few gripes from a very few,   and the world would have moved on

And in fact, in that world he would have received much support ... but the issue here is very effective censorship

There are actually 2 "today" issues here. "Respect being a given" is the other

That is what I said too. Sportsnet is censoring the old timer.

@realAzhyaAryola

@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"Bastards!

Old Cherry aint apologizing either. :thumbup:

Frood

I don't do poppies either. It fetishizes the pointless wars waged between feuding big governments and the idiots who sign up for them or who didn't say no to being drafted.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"I don't do poppies either. It fetishizes the pointless wars waged between feuding big governments and the idiots who sign up for them or who didn't say no to being drafted.

Don Cherry would say to you people spend two dollars and buy a poppy.

Frood

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"I don't do poppies either. It fetishizes the pointless wars waged between feuding big governments and the idiots who sign up for them or who didn't say no to being drafted.

I'd say to Don Cherry I'd rather give that two dollars to someone who is hungry or can't feed their kids.
Blahhhhhh...

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"

I'd say to Don Cherry I'd rather give that two dollars to someone who is hungry or can't feed their kids.

If you wear a poppy and understand and respect what it means to wear it then Don Cherry's comment would not have bothered you.

Dinklage: Can you say that to the face of a veteran?

Is there any veteran here? What do you say to Dinklage regarding his comment?
@realAzhyaAryola

Frood

Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"

If you wear a poppy and understand and respect what it means to wear it then Don Cherry's comment would not have bothered you.

Dinklage: Can you say that to the face of a veteran?

Is there any veteran here? What do you say to Dinklage regarding his comment?

I've regularly said that to vets. Those on the charity tables and those who didn't want to expound on their service. Charity table vets are far different than quiet vets. Charity table vets frame their self worth with their part in wars. Quiet vets want to forget and be absolved for their actions.

Mind you I rarely say it in a mean nature. I don't like pointless wars or aggression.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

I wear a poppy, but not as a symbol of white washing pointless wars.

Frood

Furry Muff!

Far be it for me to dictate how others think or feel.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Dinky, do you think Don Cherry should've been fired?

Frood

Quote from: "Fashionista"Dinky, do you think Don Cherry should've been fired?

Not at all. He expressed his opinion. That's all.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

I think his opinion is incorrect, but I don't believe he should be fired..

Justin Trudeau was reelected and he did far worse.

Gaon

It's the use of the words "you people" that got him fired. I don't understand that. But, English is not my first or second language.
The Russian Rock It