Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

A

Public sector union advocacy erodes public purse and kills jobs

Started by Anonymous, January 23, 2020, 11:51:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

I applaud the premier of Alberta for fighting for the people of his province as selfish public sector union seek to destroy the province's finances and good paying private sector jobs. Our cowardly premier caved to their whining.

By Franco Terrazzano of the Canadian Taxpayers Federation

Premier Jason Kenney needs to get Alberta taxpayers out of the $70-billion debt hole so he needs to cut government labour costs that have ballooned by more than $3 billion during the downturn.

Union bosses will oppose any cuts, but their own advocacy against revenue-generating pipelines and in support of wasteful corporate welfare spending has made the need for cuts even greater.

the AFL has eroded the public purse by pushing for wasteful spending on corporate welfare. The AFL acted as cheerleader for a report that tried to shine a positive light on government subsidies for the Sturgeon Refinery.

But this is the same project that was deemed "a multi-billion dollar boondoggle," by former Alberta finance minister Ted Morton. This government-supported refinery has put taxpayers on the hook for about $25 billion in toll payments, "making it almost impossible ... to break even."

Worse yet, [size=150]AFL head Gil McGowan co-chaired the committee that recommended the government dole out corporate welfare under the guise of energy diversification. The Alberta government has committed $1.6 billion in tax dollars for petrochemical firms. To put that into perspective, that's about three times as much as the government's proposed labour cuts.

[/size]

With a $70-billion debt tab and ballooning labour costs, it's mathematically necessary for the Alberta government to address its compensation. Whether through attrition, salary cuts or job losses, some government employees will need to take a cut. And some of those cuts will be deeper because union bosses oppose pipelines and support corporate welfare that's costing Albertans billions.

Anonymous

I'm a member of the AUPE....our union bosses oppose resource development too..

Where do they think Alberta gets the money to pay our salaries.

:crazy:

Anonymous

Gil McGowan is a traitor to the unionized workers who pay his inflated salary.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"Gil McGowan is a traitor to the unionized workers who pay his inflated salary.

Iron horse jockey has posted that his union doesn't represent due paying members..

My union, the AUPE is the same.

ac_unsure

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Shen Li"Gil McGowan is a traitor to the unionized workers who pay his inflated salary.

Iron horse jockey has posted that his union doesn't represent due paying members..

ac_unsure

Old Jock is one frickin cynical guy. I like that. :thumbup:

Anonymous

Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "Fashionista"

ac_unsure

Old Jock is one frickin cynical guy. I like that. :thumbup:

He seems to enjoy his life.

Angry White Male

Public sector unions are the equivalent to employment much like the CBC is equivalent to news...

Expect a healthy dose of anti-male rhetoric from both (especially if you're a white male), understand that all Injuns are good, the more refugees the better, and most importantly, since the left doesn't like resource based jobs (which actually are often hard work), we must stand against those bad white men working up north in -50 weather...  Even though they're the reason we can drive our fucking cars.

The funny thing is this:  Their public sector pension plan is actually invested into holdings like Enbridge, etc.  I know this.  However, their members are often too dumb to realize where their pension money will come from...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"Public sector unions are the equivalent to employment much like the CBC is equivalent to news...

Expect a healthy dose of anti-male rhetoric from both (especially if you're a white male), understand that all Injuns are good, the more refugees the better, and most importantly, since the left doesn't like resource based jobs (which actually are often hard work), we must stand against those bad white men working up north in -50 weather...  Even though they're the reason we can drive our fucking cars.

The funny thing is this:  Their public sector pension plan is actually invested into holdings like Enbridge, etc.  I know this.  However, their members are often too dumb to realize where their pension money will come from...

All pension plans, public and private are invested in the energy sector.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"Public sector unions are the equivalent to employment much like the CBC is equivalent to news...

I have to laugh at the fossil fuels divest movements that some pension plans are talking about. Who do they think is behind these "clean" energy wind and solar scams. It's fossil fuel companies. They win even with virtue signalling.

Gaon

In Israel too, the civil service doesn't care about taxpayers, taxes or public debt. But, they don't fight against jobs like civil service bosses in Canada do.
The Russian Rock It