Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

Did you partake in Black Friday deals?

Started by Superchecker, November 29, 2019, 01:46:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cc

Quote from: "Odinson"
Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Odinson"I have white privilege..

I get discounts all the time...

Sometimes I dont even have to pay anything..

">

Shut up or I'll sit on ur face.

I must warn you..

I grew my beard back... If you dont mind it tickling a bit..
 :roll:
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "Superchecker"Drove the Mrs to work, hit Walmart early as they opened at 6; got the free $20  Gift card at PetSmart, ordered a new washer and dryer at The Bay. Free shipping on orders today, and they sent me a $50 off email too... Hit the grocery store, they price match another stores flyer prices... Keeping the economy moving!

I don't like peopling...and esp not at this time...too many people.  I did get my kid a Beats Pill for xmas, but I sent my people to go buy it. I'm not putting myself in that.  I did however, braved IKEA and bought the kid bedroom furnature of her choice (birthday gift).  I've also already ordered xmas gifts online for the kid.  I have half of them delivered already and the rest should arrive by next week.   I'm done with that.  Im not putting myself in busy xmas hubbub.

I need Purdy's chocolates  for a stocking stuffer, I'll brave the mall in a few weeks to grab some.

Blazor

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"
Quote from: "Superchecker"Drove the Mrs to work, hit Walmart early as they opened at 6; got the free $20  Gift card at PetSmart, ordered a new washer and dryer at The Bay. Free shipping on orders today, and they sent me a $50 off email too... Hit the grocery store, they price match another stores flyer prices... Keeping the economy moving!

I don't like peopling...and esp not at this time...too many people.  I did get my kid a Beats Pill for xmas, but I sent my people to go buy it. I'm not putting myself in that.  I did however, braved IKEA and bought the kid bedroom furnature of her choice (birthday gift).  I've also already ordered xmas gifts online for the kid.  I have half of them delivered already and the rest should arrive by next week.   I'm done with that.  Im not putting myself in busy xmas hubbub.

I need Purdy's chocolates  for a stocking stuffer, I'll brave the mall in a few weeks to grab some.

Your best chance to brave the mall, is after Black Friday weekend, like Monday - Thursday. Most folks that havent spent their money on Black Friday, will be at home spending on Monday for Cyber Monday. After that, folks are tapped, and there wont be many folks at the mall til Friday again. After that, you're fucked. The malls will get busier and busier up until Christmas. Its only 3 1/2 weeks til Christmas!
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Frood

I get my discounts thru the year. I don't need a day for businesses to cast off their dung and let dweebs fight over it.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"I get my discounts thru the year. I don't need a day for businesses to cast off their dung and let dweebs fight over it.

I get discounts too on top of Black Friday sales.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blazor"

Your best chance to brave the mall, is after Black Friday weekend, like Monday - Thursday. Most folks that havent spent their money on Black Friday, will be at home spending on Monday for Cyber Monday. After that, folks are tapped, and there wont be many folks at the mall til Friday again. After that, you're fucked. The malls will get busier and busier up until Christmas. Its only 3 1/2 weeks til Christmas!

The  big discounts here Boxing Week sales after Christmas. They often extend to the end of the first week of January.

Blazor

Quote from: "seoulbro"

The  big discounts here Boxing Week sales after Christmas. They often extend to the end of the first week of January.

To me, that makes more sense in a way, gives folks a chance to use their gift cards lol. Because lets be honest, most folks shop for themselves on Black Friday lol.

Anonymous

To me, that makes more sense in a way, gives folks a chance to use their gift cards lol. Because lets be honest, most folks shop for themselves on Black Friday lol.

When I was in high school, stores wouldn't allow gift cards to be used for Boxing Day sales..

The provincial government made that practice illegal about twenty five years ago.

Blazor

Quote from: "Fashionista"

When I was in high school, stores wouldn't allow gift cards to be used for Boxing Day sales..

The provincial government made that practice illegal about twenty five years ago.

Well thats messed up. Cause someone paid CASH in advance for someone, and yet that CASH is not honored!? Im gonna start callin' y'all Coocoo Canada lol.

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "Fashionista"

I remember boxing day sales back then...I wouldn't even call them sales...it was all false advertising.   They'd paper up the store windows so you can't see in and then stand in line forever...only to get into the store and find out only one or a not many items were actually on sale.  It was a waste of time.  

If I really, really want something, I will save for it and just purchase it, no sale needed.  Black Friday, boxing day, etc is just a way to get people to buy.  Its not worth it.  Just balance your money thru the year and pay attention to your finances, don't make stupid decisions...it's as simple as that.

Vancouver

A coworker worked at The Bay back in the early 90's to mid 90's. The downtown location. They would jack up the prices weeks before Boxing Day. Back then people didn't have the internet to research and compare prices.
Time is malleable

Anonymous

Quote from: "TheVancouverGuy"A coworker worked at The Bay back in the early 90's to mid 90's. The downtown location. They would jack up the prices weeks before Boxing Day. Back then people didn't have the internet to research and compare prices.

That would not have worked for big ticket items like tv's or furniture.

Anonymous

Quote from: "TheVancouverGuy"A coworker worked at The Bay back in the early 90's to mid 90's. The downtown location. They would jack up the prices weeks before Boxing Day. Back then people didn't have the internet to research and compare prices.

The Bay is a little too expensive.

Anonymous

I am thinking about getting an eighty two inch tv.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Herman"I am thinking about getting an eighty two inch tv.

Do you have a big room for it?