The best topic

Replies: 10551
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 08:15:13 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

Had to buy a snow blower today...

Started by Anonymous, January 11, 2020, 02:00:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 12 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Had no choice, really...  The snow is piling up here in my yard, and while that's not so much of a problem for my F150, I have some trades coming Monday.  I know what they drive, and their 1-Ton cube van would not be able to navigate this driveway as it was.

Went with Ariens.  Not the cheapest, but it seems to work well!  Hopefully it'll be reliable.

It was actually enjoyable watching the snow get blown 50 feet away!  I don't mind doing the outdoor type stuff like this, but I'm less enthusiastic about the 'indoor' work that I'm also needing to do here also...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Mel"Had no choice, really...  The snow is piling up here in my yard, and while that's not so much of a problem for my F150, I have some trades coming Monday.  I know what they drive, and their 1-Ton cube van would not be able to navigate this driveway as it was.

Went with Ariens.  Not the cheapest, but it seems to work well!  Hopefully it'll be reliable.

It was actually enjoyable watching the snow get blown 50 feet away!  I don't mind doing the outdoor type stuff like this, but I'm less enthusiastic about the 'indoor' work that I'm also needing to do here also...

We have a snow blower and a leaf blower we use for our walks, but I don't know who makes either of them..

That's my husband's department.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"
We have a snow blower and a leaf blower we use for our walks, but I don't know who makes either of them..

Is your driveway that long?  I thought you lived in the 'burbs!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Mel"
Quote from: "Fashionista"

Is your driveway that long?  I thought you lived in the 'burbs!

No, I live in Bowness in NW Calgary..

Our driveway is two cars wide and not very long.

Anonymous

I thought so...  That must be short trip for the snow blower!

My driveway is almost 300 feet long.  I held off for as long as I could, but simply had to buckle and pay for a machine...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Mel"I thought so...  That must be short trip for the snow blower!

My driveway is almost 300 feet long.  I held off for as long as I could, but simply had to buckle and pay for a machine...

Yes, it is..

But, my husband has to do the sidewalk in front of our house too.

Anonymous

That's true.  The sidewalk is the homeowners responsibility in this Province too.

Luckily there's no sidewalks where I moved to, so I don't have to bother with that...  No sidewalks, no pedestrians, no bike lanes, no bicyclists...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Mel"That's true.  The sidewalk is the homeowners responsibility in this Province too.

Luckily there's no sidewalks where I moved to, so I don't have to bother with that...  No sidewalks, no pedestrians, no bike lanes, no bicyclists...

My goodness are we ever entering a period of extreme cold..

And it looks like it will stick around too.

Odinson

Anonymous

I have always laughed at people who use leaf blowers no matter how big or large the yard. Why harm the planet using dirty energy for something so light and easy to rake up. I feel embarrassed for those who use them. :laugh:

Anonymous

Quote from: "9 incher/160 IQ"I have always laughed at people who use leaf blowers no matter how big or large the yard. Why harm the planet using dirty energy for something so light and easy to rake up. I feel embarrassed for those who use them. :laugh:

I always laugh at girly men who don't know what a two stroke engine is or that they don't make them for the Canadian market anymore.

Anonymous

When I was a poor highschool student I had a four stroke Honda xl I saved for. It was reliable. It had light and mirrors and was street legal. Got me to work or wherever I wanted to go. All of my friends had 2 strokes. YZs and CRs. I would hit the mountains with them but I got left in the dust on straight stretches when their power bands kicked in.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Edward"When I was a poor highschool student I had a four stroke Honda xl I saved for. It was reliable. It had light and mirrors and was street legal. Got me to work or wherever I wanted to go. All of my friends had 2 strokes. YZs and CRs. I would hit the mountains with them but I got left in the dust on straight stretches when their power bands kicked in.

My son wants an ATV..

There's no place to ride one in the city.

Anonymous

A friend left a three wheeler at my mom's house when he moved to Ontario. Said I can use it. Still there. He has never been back as far as I know.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Edward"A friend left a three wheeler at my mom's house when he moved to Ontario. Said I can use it. Still there. He has never been back as far as I know.

I haven't seen one of them in a long time.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
spell bacon backwards with the first letter capitalized:
Is the "D" in Django silent? Yes or No? (must be lower case):
911 was an attack on what city (spell out lower case two words):
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview