News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10554
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 11:33:35 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Aylana

COVID-19 >> New Drug Activity & VACCINE TRACKING!!

Started by cc, January 26, 2020, 09:18:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 5 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "TheVancouverGuy"T&T supermarket here going above and beyond for the safety of customers and employees. Those who are not in compliance can GTFO.

https://www.tntsupermarket.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/temp_check-407x1018.jpg">

That's what stores in Asia do.

Blazor

WalMart now requiring face masks if you want in.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Vancouver

Quote from: "Blazor"WalMart now requiring face masks if you want in.

This in the States? I might hit up Walmart tomorrow.
Time is malleable

Vancouver

Quote from: "caskur"
Quote from: "TheVancouverGuy"
Quote from: "Fashionista"Europe is starting to open up schools and businesses.....these are some of the measures they've taken.
Dr.Oz says kids going back to school will only cost 2 - 3% in terms of mortality.

Did he say how many will be crippled for life with shitty lung problems?

">
Time is malleable

caskur

Quote from: "Fashionista"Europe is starting to open up schools and businesses.....these are some of the measures they've taken.
Dr.Oz says kids going back to school will only cost 2 - 3% in terms of mortality.

">

I just watched a documentary on Foreign Correspondent about the coronavirus in New York City,...it was good, very sad but very good. The nurses were spilling the beans about how bad their working conditions were.

This virus attacks all ages causing death in all ages but it is also violently painful to victims.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

">

It seems she developed a rare brain inflamation....terrible.

Blazor

Quote from: "Blazor"WalMart now requiring face masks if you want in.

This in the States? I might hit up Walmart tomorrow.

I know they are in my area, but usually if WalMart makes a move like that its all of 'em. Face mask required for entry.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

caskur

Survivors warning... (sorry, it won't let me cut and paste)

Young woman is a journalist.

vvv

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/immunity-still-really-low-covid-19-survivors-warning/ar-BB12Yu15?ocid=spartanntp">https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australi ... spartanntp">https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/immunity-still-really-low-covid-19-survivors-warning/ar-BB12Yu15?ocid=spartanntp
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

cc

That ^^^ shows clearly how a relatively young person can be affected (and compromised)  in the short & long run

https://img-s-msn-com.akamaized.net/tenant/amp/entityid/BB12YnM2.img?h=351&w=624&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f&x=530&y=272">

"Even though you've recovered and maybe you've tested negative it's not over," Peters said.

"My doctors have warned it could be weeks or even months to get back to 80 per cent."
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"That ^^^ shows clearly how a relatively young person can be affected (and compromised)  in the short & long run

https://img-s-msn-com.akamaized.net/tenant/amp/entityid/BB12YnM2.img?h=351&w=624&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f&x=530&y=272">

"Even though you've recovered and maybe you've tested negative it's not over," Peters said.

"My doctors have warned it could be weeks or even months to get back to 80 per cent."

That's not common is it?

cc

I think pretty common. It can really weaken people major - although every case is individual, if lungs are hit hard, damage repair really takes a while

Not too far off what I was told a cpl months ago when leaving hospital for pneumonia  .. so seems reasonable for many

damned good incentive to keep safe for myself
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"I think pretty common. It can really weaken people major - although every case is individual, if lungs are hit hard, damage repair really takes a while

Not too far off what I was told a cpl months ago when leaving hospital for pneumonia  .. so seems reasonable for many

Vulnerable people should isolate.

Vancouver

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "cc"I think pretty common. It can really weaken people major - although every case is individual, if lungs are hit hard, damage repair really takes a while

Anyone can be vulnerable.  A perfect healthy good shape 25 year old athlete can get the virus and have health problems for life.

If we and when we open businesses, schools, and parks back up, give it two weeks and people will forget about social distancing.

When Denver backed off social distancing in the 1918 pandemic, the results were deadly.
Time is malleable

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"

Anyone can be vulnerable.  A perfect healthy good shape 25 year old athlete can get the virus and have health problems for life.

If we and when we open businesses, schools, and parks back up, give it two weeks and people will forget about social distancing.

When Denver backed off social distancing in the 1918 pandemic, the results were deadly.

Young healthy folks have died from the flu too, but like COVID-19 death among young and healthy people is extremely rare.

That Denver story from CNN is half bullshit. Yes, the pandemic got worse after 1918, but it had nothing to do with social distancing. The second wave of the influenza outbreak started before the end of WWI and was largely fueled by sickened soldiers traveling home to hospitals.

@realAzhyaAryola

Saskatchewan sounds like they are doing pretty well.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]