News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10777
Total votes: : 5

Last post: Today at 05:46:09 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Aryan

COVID-19 >> New Drug Activity & VACCINE TRACKING!!

Started by cc, January 26, 2020, 09:18:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 7 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "iron horse jockey"Quebec alone adds about 1000 new cases a day and about 100 deaths. But, when the second wave comes, places like Quebec currently with 35,000 cases of the virus will fare better than Australia and New Zealand because Montreal(the epicentre of the Quebec pandemic) will have some immunity. So, without a vaccine, you catch it now or later.

That is one way of looking at it. These so called successes in controlling the spread of COVID are likely just short term bragging points.

If I was 25, I would not worry about catching this virus. Even at my age(51), I believe I would be fine.

cc

https://www.foxnews.com/science/vitamin-d-levels-covid-19-mortality-rates">Vitamin D levels may impact COVID-19 mortality rates, study claims

Researchers have discovered a strong correlation between vitamin D deficiency and mortality rates from the novel coronavirus, a new study reveals.

A research team led by Northwestern University analyzed data from hospitals and clinics across China, France, Germany, Italy, Iran, South Korea, Spain, Switzerland, the United Kingdom and the United States.

Patients from countries with high COVID-19 mortality rates, such as Italy, Spain and the United Kingdom, had lower levels of vitamin D compared to patients in countries that were not as severely affected, according to the study.

The researchers also found a strong correlation between vitamin D levels and cytokine storm, which is a hyperinflammatory condition caused by an overactive immune system.

"Cytokine storm can severely damage lungs and lead to acute respiratory distress syndrome and death in patients," Ali Daneshkhah, a postdoctoral research associate at Northwestern's McCormick School of Engineering, said in a statement. "This is what seems to kill a majority of COVID-19 patients, not the destruction of the lungs by the virus itself. It is the complications from the misdirected fire from the immune system."

For me, this is not new news - it's further confirmation of several scientific papers from day one and throughout the past months
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"https://www.foxnews.com/science/vitamin-d-levels-covid-19-mortality-rates">Vitamin D levels may impact COVID-19 mortality rates, study claims

Researchers have discovered a strong correlation between vitamin D deficiency and mortality rates from the novel coronavirus, a new study reveals.

A research team led by Northwestern University analyzed data from hospitals and clinics across China, France, Germany, Italy, Iran, South Korea, Spain, Switzerland, the United Kingdom and the United States.

Patients from countries with high COVID-19 mortality rates, such as Italy, Spain and the United Kingdom, had lower levels of vitamin D compared to patients in countries that were not as severely affected, according to the study.

The researchers also found a strong correlation between vitamin D levels and cytokine storm, which is a hyperinflammatory condition caused by an overactive immune system.

"Cytokine storm can severely damage lungs and lead to acute respiratory distress syndrome and death in patients," Ali Daneshkhah, a postdoctoral research associate at Northwestern's McCormick School of Engineering, said in a statement. "This is what seems to kill a majority of COVID-19 patients, not the destruction of the lungs by the virus itself. It is the complications from the misdirected fire from the immune system."

For me, this is not new news - it's further confirmation of several scientific papers from day one and throughout the past months

I'm going shopping tonight...I'll buy vitamin D.

Vancouver

Quote from: "Fashionista"
We have the non stop sunshine here. I like a good tan on my face.

22c right now
Time is malleable

Anonymous

Quote from: "TheVancouverGuy"
We have the non stop sunshine here. I like a good tan on my face.

22c right now

Oh you're lucky..

If what cc posted is true, than what I've heard about summer sun and COVID-19 is also true.

cc

Quote from: "cc"https://www.foxnews.com/science/vitamin-d-levels-covid-19-mortality-rates">Vitamin D levels may impact COVID-19 mortality rates, study claims

When I first saw scientific reports on the effect of D, I upped my regular 1,000 / day to 3,000 a few weeks ago

There are many reports saying if you catch it with your D level up, severity is reduced (Scientific articles explain why)

Even without this virus, D is arguably the most important element for fighting off illnesses. Further, it is one that overkill within reason is not harmful

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"

When I first saw scientific reports on the effect of D, I upped my regular 1,000 / day to 3,000 a few weeks ago

There are many reports saying if you catch it with your D level up, severity is reduced

Even without this virus, D is arguably the most important element for fighting off illnesses. Further, it is one that overkill within reason is not harmful

This is good to know and something we can do for ourselves.

cc

Yes. The feeling of helplessness is in most of us. As you in effect say, doing something to help ourselves helps to alleviate that bad feeling of being powerless to help ourselves

I posted this for our members accordingly

cc

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"Yes. The feeling of helplessness is in most of us. As you in effect say, doing something to help ourselves helps to alleviate that bad feeling of being powerless to help ourselves

I posted this for our members accordingly

I read your article cc. I will pass it along to as many people as I can.

cc

Good. I have posted some other articles on it - If I can find them I'll put links together.  Also will keep eyes open for newer legit reports

We can all help each other through this mess

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"

We can all help each other through this mess

That is what we are all trying to do. I am searching as I type for vitamin D and the coronavirus.

Anonymous

Some more good news.

South Korea admits 292 coronavirus 'reinfections' were false positives as officials warn fragments of the virus can linger in the body for MONTHS

Over the past month South Koreans cleared of the virus testing positive again

The country was grappling with fears that people could be reinfected

A infectious disease expert has claimed the results are due to a testing fault

He said the test can pick up viral fragments left in the body even if inactive  

It relieves worries that immunity is short lived for people who have had the virus

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8273947/South-Korea-admits-292-coronavirus-reinfections-false-positives.html">https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... tives.html">https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8273947/South-Korea-admits-292-coronavirus-reinfections-false-positives.html

cc

That is GOOD News!!!

Initial reports raised great concern

Anonymous

Quote from: "seoulbro"Some more good news.

South Korea admits 292 coronavirus 'reinfections' were false positives as officials warn fragments of the virus can linger in the body for MONTHS

Over the past month South Koreans cleared of the virus testing positive again

The country was grappling with fears that people could be reinfected

A infectious disease expert has claimed the results are due to a testing fault

He said the test can pick up viral fragments left in the body even if inactive  

It relieves worries that immunity is short lived for people who have had the virus

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8273947/South-Korea-admits-292-coronavirus-reinfections-false-positives.html">https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... tives.html">https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8273947/South-Korea-admits-292-coronavirus-reinfections-false-positives.html

That's a load off the minds of people that have recovered from COVID-19.