News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10769
Total votes: : 5

Last post: Today at 01:50:16 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

COVID-19 >> New Drug Activity & VACCINE TRACKING!!

Started by cc, January 26, 2020, 09:18:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

What surprises me is that I never heard of Russia being one of the countries that is at stage three trials and they might be the first to have a vaccine.

cc

I have heard Russia was in the game in a big way, but this is the first mention of progress

Not surprising. It is Russia which is secretive like China .. except for good news of achievement of course

The fact that Russia mentions it indicates a great deal of confidence for that very reason
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=374093 time=1596595961 user_id=88
I have heard Russia was in the game in a big way, but this is the first mention of progress

Not surprising. It is Russia which is secretive like China .. except for good news of achievement of course

The fact that Russia mentions it indicates a great deal of confidence for that very reason

I didn't know that.

cc

We should never underestimate Russia's ability. We tend to look down on it as inferior

For  glaring examples, they were first   with manned spaceflight and more up to date carried the ball for the space-station by performing all flights to it for many years .. without  a hitch I might add, demonstrating  spectacular perfection in  a very difficult and precise task

cc

Did it again

:sdfjh(2):

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=374121 time=1596600762 user_id=88
We should never underestimate Russia's ability. We tend to look down on it as inferior

For  glaring examples, they were first   with manned spaceflight and more up to date carried the ball for the space-station by performing all flights to it for many years .. without  a hitch I might add, demonstrating  spectacular perfection in  a very difficult and precise task

When it came to military innovations and space exploration, the former Soviet Union was second to none. But, today Russia's economy is about the size of Spain's.

Frood

Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=374151 time=1596611952 user_id=1676
Andrew Bolt nails it:

https://www.skynews.com.au/details/_6177956222001">https://www.skynews.com.au/details/_6177956222001

I went along with lock downs at first, but after seeing the devastation they cause, I no longer do..

Masks and distancing is less destructive.

cc

Back to Russia - They are moving ahead without Stage 3 testing

https://globalnews.ca/news/7265189/russia-clears-coronavirus-vaccine/">Russia clears coronavirus vaccine, insists it's safe as scientists sound alarm

During a press conference, Putin said that Russia had become the first country in the world to grant regulatory approval to a COVID-19 vaccine after less than two months of human testing, a move hailed by Moscow as evidence of its scientific prowess. Putin said that one of his daughters has already been inoculated.

MOSCOW — Russia on Tuesday became the first country to approve a coronavirus vaccine for use in tens of thousands of its citizens despite international skepticism about injections that have not completed clinical trials and were studied in only dozens of people for less than two months.

President Vladimir Putin said while announcing the approval that one of his two adult daughters already was inoculated. He said the vaccine underwent the necessary tests and was shown to provide lasting immunity to the coronavirus, although Russian authorities have offered no proof to back up the claim of its safety or effectiveness.

"I know it has proven efficient and forms a stable immunity," he said. "We must be grateful to those who made that first step very important for our country and the entire world."

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavirus/scientists-uneasy-as-russia-approves-first-coronavirus-vaccine-1.5059182">CTV:

Putin said one of his daughters has received two doses, and had minor side effects such as slight fever, and is now "feeling well and has a high number of antibodies." It wasn't clear if she was one of the study volunteers.

The Health Ministry said in a statement Tuesday that the vaccine is expected to provide immunity from the coronavirus for up to two years, citing its experience with vaccines made with similar technology.

However, scientists around the world have been cautioning that even if vaccine candidates are proven to work, it will take even more time to tell how long the protection will last.

Anonymous

Stage three testing is where the USA and Britain are now.

Gaon

Russia's vaccine has been approved and the first batch will be rolled out before the end of this month. I was told that the first batch will be prioritized for people working in health care and some people to people professions. My cousin told me she expects to be vaccinated in October.
The Russian Rock It

cc

Hi Gaon - not seen ya for a bit

It will be interesting to see how this works out .. seems they will keep track of people and that will in effect be stage 3 testing

I bet it works out good

Anonymous

Quote from: Gaon post_id=376499 time=1597878319 user_id=3170
Russia's vaccine has been approved and the first batch will be rolled out before the end of this month. I was told that the first batch will be prioritized for people working in health care and some people to people professions. My cousin told me she expects to be vaccinated in October.

That's terrific Gaon..

I hope Justin Trudeau secures forty million doses for Canadians.

cc

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-to-reveal-coronavirus-breakthrough-therapeutic-wh-press-secretary-says">Trump to reveal coronavirus 'breakthrough' therapeutic, WH press secretary says

President Trump plans to hold a news conference Sunday evening regarding a potential major therapeutic "breakthrough" for treating the coronavirus.

The president will announce the development at 6 p.m EDT., accompanied by Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar and Dr. Stephen Hahn, head of the Food and Drug Administration, White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany posted on Twitter late Saturday.

Gaon

Is that six pm Eastern time, which will be three pm West coast time?
The Russian Rock It