News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10769
Total votes: : 5

Last post: Today at 01:50:16 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

COVID-19 >> New Drug Activity & VACCINE TRACKING!!

Started by cc, January 26, 2020, 09:18:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 7 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

cc

Ya. Convalescent plasma has been an old tried and true process for a long time for "some" conditions
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=377111 time=1598219751 user_id=3254
I saw the president's news conference already in progress, so I missed some of it..

It's about convalescent plasma, but I don't know if it has been or will be approved as a treatment.

Trump granted an emergency authorization for the usage of convalescent plasma to treat coronavirus patients. Convalescent plasma has been proven to reduce mortality by 35%. I assume this authorization means anybody that wants it can get it as a treatment.

Odinson

Blazor, deadskinmask, Renee and Azhya..

This does not mean you can extract plasma from your old TV and inject it into your bloodstream!

cc

I saw the president's news conference already in progress, so I missed some of it..

It's about convalescent plasma, but I don't know if it has been or will be approved as a treatment.

To clarify, he " granted an emergency authorization for the usage of  convalescent plasma "

Anonymous

Already, prog news sources are playing down the efficacy of convalescent plasma.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=377115 time=1598220901 user_id=56

Trump granted an emergency authorization for the usage of convalescent plasma to treat coronavirus patients. Convalescent plasma has been proven to reduce mortality by 35%. I assume this authorization means anybody that wants it can get it as a treatment.

There would be a supply problem no? The plasma comes from recovered COVID patients.

cc

Quote from: Herman post_id=377124 time=1598223449 user_id=1689
Already, prog news sources are playing down the efficacy of convalescent plasma.

[size=130]I'm shocked. ...  Shocked I say[/size]

That emitted, they are evil to play with peoples lives for political gain

as are some of the swamp in the medical area slow walking vaccine testing so as to not help T

Progs are literally pure evil

cc

Quote from: seoulbro post_id=377126 time=1598224110 user_id=114
Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=377115 time=1598220901 user_id=56

There would be a supply problem no? The plasma comes from recovered COVID patients.

Dunno. All depends on the effort and management

I'm not sure how many can be served from each recovered person's blood

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=377127 time=1598224173 user_id=88

as are some of the swamp in the medical area slow walking vaccine testing so as to not help T

The Dems wanted this treatment after the November election.

cc

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2020/06/18/blood-plasma-people-who-recovered-is-safe-covid-19-treatment-study-says/">A large study of 20,000 hospitalized covid-19 patients who received transfusions of blood plasma from people who recovered found the treatment was safe and suggests giving it to people early in the disease may be beneficial.

The treatment, called convalescent plasma, is based on a century-old idea in medicine that has been used against measles, influenza and Ebola. People who recover from an infection have virus-fighting antibodies floating in their blood, and transfusions of their plasma — the clear liquid after blood cells are removed — may give recipients' immune systems an assist in fighting off the virus.

The study, published Thursday in Mayo Clinic Proceedings, is the largest analysis yet of an experimental treatment rapidly deployed in the early weeks of the pandemic through a grass-roots effort by physicians. What started as a proposal in a medical journal rapidly drew more than 2,000 medical institutions into a collaborative effort to work out the logistics of collecting and deploying the plasma.

The results are encouraging, showing severe adverse events were rare, in less than 1 percent of patients. But they also highlight the difficulty of conducting conclusive studies in the midst of a global pandemic — and add to a body of inconclusive and sometimes conflicting evidence about the approach.

"The actionable message here is that this is safe, inexpensive, and the mortality rates in sick patients are quite low," said Michael Joyner, an anesthesiologist at the Mayo Clinic who led the study.

Anonymous

Results were good in people who received the treatment within three days of testing positive.

cc

Quote from: seoulbro post_id=377129 time=1598224457 user_id=114
Quote from: cc post_id=377127 time=1598224173 user_id=88

The Dems wanted this treatment after the November election.

Eggs Actly ... The very definition of   vile

cc

Quote from: seoulbro post_id=377132 time=1598224904 user_id=114
Results were good in people who received the treatment within three days of testing positive.

Yes. Most all partial remedies are more effective the sooner they are applied

cc

I failed to find how many victims can be served from one recovered person's blood

I suspect the number could be very high - but can't find anything on it

If anyone finds info on this please post

I suspect the number could be very high - but can't find anything on it

If anyone finds info on this please post

Sharing info so we could all be as informed as possible is why I started this thread .. and it seems to be working

Anonymous

If this treatment was approved after Biden took office, he would have done a victory lap with the media praising his "leadership".