News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10763
Total votes: : 5

Last post: Today at 10:42:50 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

COVID-19 >> New Drug Activity & VACCINE TRACKING!!

Started by cc, January 26, 2020, 09:18:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 7 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

cc

Good point in itself. Actually, most of out drugs come from China . . blood pressure pills, cancer drugs etc etc etc

Not challenging you point, just sayin ...

I know if T is elected that will end .. full stop!! - if not, prolly even more will come from China
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

cc

https://globalnews.ca/news/7365154/coronavirus-global-deaths-1-million/?utm_source=NewsletterNational&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=2020">Well as of today .. Over 1 million people have now died of coronavirus worldwide

Over one million people have now died of the novel coronavirus globally, a sobering milestone as countries around the world struggle to contain a growing second wave of the pandemic.

The death toll surpassed one million Monday evening, reaching 1,000,555, according to public health data compiled by Johns Hopkins University.

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=384541 time=1601344453 user_id=88
https://globalnews.ca/news/7365154/coronavirus-global-deaths-1-million/?utm_source=NewsletterNational&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=2020">Well as of today .. Over 1 million people have now died of coronavirus worldwide

Over one million people have now died of the novel coronavirus globally, a sobering milestone as countries around the world struggle to contain a growing second wave of the pandemic.

The death toll surpassed one million Monday evening, reaching 1,000,555, according to public health data compiled by Johns Hopkins University.

Fewer people are being hospitalized due to COVID. That is due to the average age of infected persons being younger now and more effective treatments, Ventilators aren't used much anymore.

cc

Quote from: Velvet post_id=384555 time=1601347994 user_id=2021

Fewer people are being hospitalized due to COVID. That is due to the average age of infected persons being younger now and more effective treatments, Ventilators aren't used much anymore.

Exactly. Age & while we have a ways to go,  are in a better place now that initially

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=384560 time=1601357299 user_id=88
Quote from: Velvet post_id=384555 time=1601347994 user_id=2021
https://server5.kproxy.com/servlet/redirect.srv/sfi/safoyxnpdbx/p2/news/7365154/coronavirus-global-deaths-1-million/?utm_source=NewsletterNational&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=2020">Well as of today .. Over 1 million people have now died of coronavirus worldwide

Exactly. Age & while we have a ways to go,  are in a better place now that initially

Other than Remdesivir, what other treatments are in use?

cc

Actually, seems there are no others .. at least none with a good trial record

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=384640 time=1601400484 user_id=88
Actually, seems there are no others .. at least none with a good trial record

People who are hospitalized with COVID-19 and need breathing assistance may be treated with dexamethasone. Some medications can also help to ease symptoms like fever and cough.

cc

Yes, several "reliefs" or symptom treatments are used, but there is no magic bullet.

Dexamethasone can be considered a treatment as can Remdesivir

I had expected something (or things) to be found very effective months ago what with so many working on it

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=384646 time=1601402618 user_id=88
Yes, several "reliefs" or symptom treatments are used, but there is no magic bullet.

Dexamethasone can be considered a treatment as can Remdesivir

I had expected something (or things) to be found very effective months ago what with so many working on it

So did I cc.

cc

Just caught up on math

Here's how key the one's I log have improved their death / case rates from June > Today

(Some I started more recently, so have only today's #)

______ Deaths / 100 Cases

Canada  8.3 > 5.9

BC ..... 6.1 > 2.6 (We've come a long way baby!!)

Alberta  1.5

Ontario  5.6

Quebec  7.9

US ...... 4+ > 3.2

Florida  1.9

Texas .   2.1

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=384731 time=1601436436 user_id=88
Just caught up on math

Here's how key the one's I log have improved their death / case rates from June > Today

(Some I started more recently, so have only today's #)

______ Deaths / 100 Cases

Canada  8.3 > 5.9

BC ..... 6.1 > 2.6 (We've come a long way baby!!)

Alberta  1.5

Ontario  5.6

Quebec  7.9

US ...... 4+ > 3.2

Florida  1.9

Texas .   2.1

Those numbers are per cent?

cc

in effect, yes - as they are # of deaths per 100 cases

Where there ar e 2 #s, the 1st is June, the second is today

All lone ones are as of today, as I don't have June for them

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=384736 time=1601436641 user_id=88
in effect, yes - as they are # of deaths per 100 cases

That's what I thought, thank you cc.

cc

https://www.saobserver.net/news/health-canada-green-lights-rapid-covid-19-test/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter">Health Canada green-lights rapid COVID-19 test

The approval comes a day after Public Services and Procurement Canada signed a deal to buy nearly eight million of the tests from the company, as well as 3,800 of the analyzer units that process the results

Health Canada approved the BCube test from Hyris Ltd. in the United Kingdom Sept. 23

Health Canada has given the green light to a rapid test for COVID-19 that could be deployed to long-term care homes and schools to take pressure off provincial testing systems.

But neither the company nor the federal government will be more specific about when the test kits will start arriving other than "the coming weeks."

The department posted news Wednesday of the approval of the Abbott Diagnostics ID Now test, which can deliver results within 13 minutes of a patient being swabbed, without having to first send the specimen to a lab for processing.