News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10762
Total votes: : 5

Last post: Today at 12:15:37 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

COVID-19 >> New Drug Activity & VACCINE TRACKING!!

Started by cc, January 26, 2020, 09:18:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

cc

Agree 100 ... We have no problem going with whatever appears to help even with only medium+ level testing

And that applies to those off the shelf products that have been found to help fight it off

I'm also  staying up on D and zink levels till vaccinated
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=388697 time=1604004920 user_id=88
Agree 100 ... We have no problem going with whatever appears to help even with only medium+ level testing

And that applies to those off the shelf products that have been found to help fight it off

I'm also  staying up on D and zink levels till vaccinated

Do you know if Pepcid should be taken only after testing positive?

cc

I believe "if" infected, and the sooner the better once infected.

Seems an antacid taken long term would not be good - but it's a good question and I can't be certain in answering

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=388729 time=1604020965 user_id=88
I believe "if" infected, and the sooner the better once infected.

Seems an antacid taken long term would not be good - but it's a good question and I can't be certain in answering

That's what I thought too.

cc

I'll try to remember to ask when I see Doc soon

cc

PRIME CANDIDATES (All started Final Stage Testing) (Moved to top of new page for reference - Will update as statuses  change

Not to break the flow of convo, but at this point I'm trying to keep leading candidates at top for easy reference and additions as new stuff comes in

To get most all aspects of our world back on track, only a vaccine can do that - So vaccines really matter & are now the essence of this thread[/b]

Maybe others will point out anything they see on vaccines so I can keep it current

1. Pfizer vaccine candidate    (Final Stage Testing Started in late July)

One of the biggest names in the global pharmaceutical game, Pfizer is working with German firm BioNTech to develop and test a potential mRNA-based vaccine. Doses were given to human test subjects in Germany in April and in the U.S. in May. Company CEO Albert Bourla said a few weeks later that one vaccine candidate could be ready by October "if things go well, and the stars are aligned." Phase III trials began in late July.

Canada has signed a deal to distribute any Pfizer vaccine approved by Health Canada, and the German government gave the effort a 750-million-euro funding boost in September.

UPDATE]Pfizer's mRNA vaccine needs to be transported at -94 degrees Fahrenheit. [/i]

2. Moderna mRNA-1273   (Final Stage Testing Started July 27)

One of the first vaccine candidates to be developed, it was shipped to the U.S. government in February and human testing began in March. The company has said that mRNA-1273 is able to stop the spread of the novel coronavirus in a lab setting, and 30,000 volunteers were given the potential vaccine starting July 27 as part of the final phase of human trials.

The Canadian government says it has signed a deal to distribute Moderna's vaccine, if it is approved by Health Canada.

UPDATE]

3. Oxford/AstraZeneca ChAdOx1 nCoV-19 (Final Stage Testing Started End of August)

One of the West's leading contenders in the race for a vaccine, ChAdOx1 nCoV-19 was among the first to start human trials, in late April. Also known as AZD1222, the vaccine candidate is based on a virus found in chimpanzees. Early results showed that ChAdOx1 nCoV-19 can produce positive immune responses, and late-stage testing began at the end of August, with the backing of the U.S. government – but when one subject developed a potential side effect, it was briefly put on hold.

The Canadian government announced on Sept. 25 that it has secured a deal AstraZeneca for up to 20 million doses of its vaccine candidate.

UPDATE]

4. Johnson & Johnson Ad26.COV2-S (Final Stage Testing Started Sept 23)

Johnson & Johnson began human tests of its potential coronavirus vaccine in Belgium and the U.S. in July. A final phase, involving 60,000 volunteers in eight countries, commenced Sept. 23. Modelled after a successful Ebola vaccine, the Johnson & Johnson candidate is unique among the front-runners in that it can be administered in a single dose.

Canada announced Aug. 31 that it has signed a deal with the company to secure a supply of its vaccine candidate, should it be approved by Health Canada.

5. Novavax NVX-CoV2373 (Final Stage Testing Started Sept 25)

Novavax says its potential vaccine uses a protein made with the company's proprietary nanotechnology to stimulate immune responses. On Sept. 25, the company started late-stage trials.

The Canada federal government announced Aug. 31 that it had reached a deal to receive 76 million doses of NVX-CoV2373, provided the American vaccine candidate is approved by Health Canada

cc

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/jack-nicklaus-covid-death-toll-hydroxychloroquine-virus-symptoms">Jack Nicklaus questions COVID death toll, took hydroxychloroquine to combat his own virus symptoms

Nicklaus said he and his wife battled the coronavirus in March

https://a57.foxnews.com/static.foxnews.com/foxnews.com/content/uploads/2020/01/1024/576/Jack-Nicklaus.jpg?tl=1&ve=1">

The "Golden Bear", arguably the best golfer ever, fresh off his supportive tweet of President Trump, questioned whether the coronavirus death toll was correct in an interview published Friday.

"Has he saved millions of lives or has he cost us lives? Nobody is going to know that. If you're objective about it, nobody knows that. I think he's done the best he can with the people he's had," he said.

Here's the other point of interest

Nicklaus, 80, said he knew two people whose parents had died from something other than COVID-19, and said the unnamed people were asked whether their deaths could be changed to COVID-19 and declined the request.

"The hospital gets more money with COVID death than they do another death," the golf legend told the newspaper. "I'm sure there's been a lot of that."

Nicklaus said he and his wife Barbara, both  around 80,tested positive for the coronavirus in March. He said his wife was symptomatic, and he had a sore throat and cough.

[Also, seems he and his wife both had a fairly easy time with it - back up to hydroxy .. the one T's enemies say didn't work]

Anonymous

My province suspended a hydroxy study and started it again..

I never heard the final results.

cc

An Overall Summary of death rates up dated for reported cases :

I just went over my spreadsheet today for death / case rates (& corresponding deaths / x number of residents for every death) for Canada as a whole, 5 provinces, 5 of the states with most cases and major European countries

Alberta has been the world's hands down leader from the gitgo, remaining fairly consistent around (1.26 % or 1 out of every 85 cases)  .. maybe Fash can help with reasons (better care, more youth. protection of Care Homes etc.?)

All of prairies are doing good compared to most places everywhere in the world

Ontario and Quebecc started & continue to be very very poor in that area and with their great populations keep Canada as a whole with bad results .. tragic in fact with  (4 % or 1 out of every 25 cases in ON ) & (6 % or 1 out of every 17 cases in Quebec)   .. similar to only UK & Italy in Europe.

Unlike most they are not improving much from the early days.

I'm extremely relieved to examine my BC (the one for which I have data from the start) over time going from a terrible  (6 % or 1 out of every 17 cases) in the early days, improving every single week since to (1.8 % or 1 out of every 55 cases)  .. now, one of the best and even now better  than notoriously top areas like many southern states (Florida, Texas etc which have remained fairly consistent all along although rising a bit lately to about (2.2  % or 1 out of every 45 cases)

Anonymous

I don't really know for sure cc..

We've had mass testing for non symptomatic people for a while.

cc

That would affect results a fair bit if you are testing more people in the general public

It's impossible to get true results as many mild cases don't report

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=389008 time=1604283899 user_id=88
That would affect results a fair bit if you are testing more people in the general public

It's impossible to get true results as many mild cases don't report

I believe that is because they don't is financial..

They have to stay home on reduced wages until they get consecutive negative tests.

sasquatch

QuoteAlberta has been the world's hands down leader from the gitgo, remaining fairly consistent around (1.26 % or 1 out of every 85 cases) .. maybe Fash can help with reasons (better care, more youth. protection of Care Homes etc.?)

Alberta overall has a tounger population for starters, and AHS is actually keeping track of where the cases are coming from much better than doug "lock it all down" ford, or francois "Give us all welfare" legault.

When the Ford government closed down indoor dining at restaurants again, there was some pushback and demands for rationale for doing it, they released a generic package of statistics that didn't even answer the basic questions, and then finally admitting that restaurants and bars were oinly responsible for 3-14%(3% being the lowest, and 14% being the highest per area. Toronto was the 14%)

https://dailyhive.com/toronto/covid-19-data-toronto-outbreak-sources">https://dailyhive.com/toronto/covid-19- ... ak-sources">https://dailyhive.com/toronto/covid-19-data-toronto-outbreak-sources

"modified stage 2" was just a lazy and escapist was of doing it instead of finding out why the other ones are so high.

Anonymous

Thiel

Quote from: sasquatch post_id=389069 time=1604349351 user_id=3246
QuoteAlberta has been the world's hands down leader from the gitgo, remaining fairly consistent around (1.26 % or 1 out of every 85 cases) .. maybe Fash can help with reasons (better care, more youth. protection of Care Homes etc.?)

Alberta overall has a tounger population for starters, and AHS is actually keeping track of where the cases are coming from much better than doug "lock it all down" ford, or francois "Give us all welfare" legault.

When the Ford government closed down indoor dining at restaurants again, there was some pushback and demands for rationale for doing it, they released a generic package of statistics that didn't even answer the basic questions, and then finally admitting that restaurants and bars were oinly responsible for 3-14%(3% being the lowest, and 14% being the highest per area. Toronto was the 14%)

https://dailyhive.com/toronto/covid-19-data-toronto-outbreak-sources">https://dailyhive.com/toronto/covid-19- ... ak-sources">https://dailyhive.com/toronto/covid-19-data-toronto-outbreak-sources

"modified stage 2" was just a lazy and escapist was of doing it instead of finding out why the other ones are so high.

It's a mess here in Manitoba.
gay, conservative and proud