News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10760
Total votes: : 5

Last post: Today at 11:12:08 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by formosan

COVID-19 >> New Drug Activity & VACCINE TRACKING!!

Started by cc, January 26, 2020, 09:18:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=392820 time=1606964366 user_id=88
1 case does not an example make & Mild is a relative term

+  as soon as one shows symptoms their contacts are traced even before test results are in

She does have the best record for fewest cases per x persons in all major areas of Canada or most anywhere in the world for that  matter .

She used the analogy of standing on a street corner testing people vs. following up on contacts to stop further spread

Taiwan, South Korea, Singapore, and Japan are lower than BC..

They use both extensive rapid testing and contact tracing..

But, they closed borders before the virus spread unlike North America.

cc

By anywhere, I sure didn't mean Asia ... should have added, anywhere except S E Asia   :wink:

In fact they didn't trust contacts, they tracked them

Mt point was that BC decided to put forces onto tracking contacts vs. testing the general (not ill) population
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=392825 time=1606965452 user_id=88
By anywhere, I sure didn't mean Asia ... should have added, anywhere except S E Asia   :wink:

The virus already had considerable spread by the time North America and Europe acted..

This is why states like Michigan while going on three weeks into a hard lock down and with extensive testing and contact tracing is getting 10,000 cases per day.

cc

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=392827 time=1606965791 user_id=3254

The virus already had considerable spread by the time North America and Europe acted..

This is why states like Michigan while going on three weeks into a hard lock down and with extensive testing and contact tracing is getting 10,000 cases per day.

Yes. Way to late getting going ... Many areas have too many cases and + many times too many contacts to track .. so tracking and nothing else works in those areas

cc

When I look at where our cases are, contact tracing is working well - it's only that "different" area where any method  is useless and where we are getting most of our cases (about 3/4 + in fact)

It people will not cooperate or can't, it will spread like crazy

And while my area is good, that area is too close for us to be comfortable

Even Vancouver and it's greater area is quite low

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=392828 time=1606965836 user_id=88
Quote from: Fashionista post_id=392827 time=1606965791 user_id=3254

Yes. Way to late getting going ... Many areas have too many cases and + many times too many contacts to track .. so tracking and nothing else works in those areas

Like many other jusrisdictions across North America and Europe, our lock down, contact tracing and testing worked well, but it was around Thanksgiving everything fell apart .

cc

Yes, that was about when it took off .. in the higher population provinces

Anonymous

Even Theresa Tam admitted the 6 million doses set to arrive between January and March won't be enough to vaccinate everyone on the initial priority list developed by the National Advisory Committee on Immunization.

Anonymous

"Track 1 vaccines are likely to be delivered to Canadians at the height of the second wave of the pandemic and in the midst of the spring 2021 thaw— a period of heightened flood risk for many communities," Defence Staff Gen. Jonathan Vance said.

That means sometime before the end of March 2021.

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau had himself said that more than half of Canadians could be vaccinated by September "if all goes to plan." Now the military is saying the country could "potentially" be vaccinated by the end of next year. It doesn't inspire confidence.

Anonymous

Moderna elixir has staying power: Data

OTTAWA — U.S. biotech firm Moderna says its vaccine is showing signs of producing lasting immunity to COVID-19 and that it will have as many as 125 million doses available by the end of March.

Moderna's messenger RNA vaccine is one of the first two Health Canada expects to approve, with at least 20 million doses guaranteed for Canadians.

Currently only 2 million doses are supposed to arrive in the first three months of 2021, but the company says it should have 15 million-25 million doses available for non-U.S. deliveries before the end of March.

Moderna has said Canada — the first country to sign a deal to buy its vaccine — will be getting doses from the company's first batches, but it's not yet clear whether Canada will receive more than 2 million doses in its first deliveries.

Anonymous

WHAT?

Pfizer CEO admits he is 'not certain' their COVID-19 shot will prevent vaccinated people from spreading the virus - as the firm cuts the number of doses it will ship this year

*Asked in a Dateline interview whether Pfizer's shot prevents transmission, CEO Albert Bourla said the firm is 'not certain about that'

*Its shot was 95% effective at preventing COVID-19 in trials but the firm did not test whether participants spread the virus

*It comes as Pfizer admitted it will not meet its goal of shipping 100 million doses  of its vaccine by year-end will instead  ship just  50 million globally

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-9018547/Pfizer-CEO-not-certain-covid-shot-prevents-transmission.html">https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/arti ... ssion.html">https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-9018547/Pfizer-CEO-not-certain-covid-shot-prevents-transmission.html

cc

Whoa Down - It's still early and there is only so much data yet

There is no reason to believe that as actuality, it's just an off the cuff answer to a reporter's question because that element has not been tested for yet

It assumes "a possibility" that one vaccinated can actually get it .. a strange sounding allowance  with nothing to back it up .. but to date there is no data to refute or support it scientifically .. but enough to charge up out fkn press who want failure

Don't us let the press do more damage .. they have already screwed society enough already

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=393008 time=1607204312 user_id=88
Whoa Down - It's still early and there is only so much data yet

There is no reason to believe that as actuality, it's just an off the cuff answer to a reporter's question because that element has not been tested for yet

It assumes "a possibility" that one vaccinated can actually get it .. a strange sounding allowance  with nothing to back it up .. but to date there is no data to refute or support it scientifically .. but enough to charge up out fkn press who want failure

Don't us let the press do more damage .. they have already screwed society enough already

That's true cc, but I took it for granted that not being able to transmit the virus was as much a part of a successful vaccine as not being able to catch it.

cc

Yes, I did also .. and still do.

I posted it mainly to demonstrate how the press will take nothing and make it into something .. and further, always  a negative something

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=393077 time=1607278426 user_id=88
Yes, I did also .. and still do.

I posted it mainly to demonstrate how the press will take nothing and make it into something .. and further, always  a negative something

I know. And I'm not worried about it. Like Fash said, it raised a question most people, I made assumptions about what the vaccine would do.