News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10760
Total votes: : 5

Last post: Today at 11:12:08 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by formosan

COVID-19 >> New Drug Activity & VACCINE TRACKING!!

Started by cc, January 26, 2020, 09:18:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 5 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

cc

2 Good News Items Today

Good News Item 1.

[OK, the general is making little boy grow up fast - or maybe just blowing on by him making things happen]

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavirus/feds-secure-more-moderna-vaccines-sign-deal-with-fedex-to-ship-doses-1.5217363">Feds secure more Moderna vaccines, sign deal with FedEx to ship doses

The federal government has updated its deal with Moderna to secure the delivery of an additional 20 million doses of its vaccine candidate, and has signed a contract with FedEx Express Canada to handle the shipment of most vaccines within the country.

Procurement Minister Anita Anand announced on Friday that "based on the best scientific data available to date, and on the recommendation of the Public Health Agency of Canada and the vaccine task force," the government has exercised an option within their existing contract, to lock-in the delivery of more doses of the pharmaceutical giant's vaccine candidate.

Under the deal, Canada was planning to receive up to 56 million doses of its vaccine candidate, but had specifically locked in 20 million of those. That's now doubled.
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

cc

Good News Item 2

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavirus/vaccine-chief-anticipating-constant-flow-of-vaccines-into-canada-once-approved-1.5217880">Vaccine chief anticipating 'constant flow of vaccines' into Canada once approved

Once vaccines are approved for use in Canada, the top military general leading the rollout is anticipating a "constant flow" of doses into the country.

"What we expect to see in January is constant flow of vaccines that come in, Pfizer and others as well, as they become available. So, they will be distributed, and then the next wave comes in... next delivery comes in for the second dose, in a prescribed timeframe," said Maj.-Gen. Dany Fortin who is the vice president of logistics and operations within the Public Health Agency of Canada.

In an interview on CTV's Question Period, Fortin said that his plans are centred around the expectation of receiving doses "early in the new year."

"All I can tell you at this time is that we expect to receive them in January, and we expect to receive them as soon as possible in that timeframe, and in successive amounts... multiple deliveries," Fortin said.

"We're planning on January onwards. It would not be prudent military planning on my part, on our part, to take us close to that date. So we're really planning on being ready by mid-December," he said.

That preparedness includes a "dry-run" for the distribution of the Pfizer vaccine on Monday, where essentially a test distribution factoring in all the delicacies of the doses are taken into account, and ensuring health care workers are comfortable with the administration process, without using any actual vials.

Because the Pfizer vaccine—expected to be the first one approved by Health Canada—requires ultra-cold storage around minus 80 degrees Celsius, it is going to be delivered directly by the pharmaceutical giant, first to at least 14 provincial "points of delivery" and then on to the places where it will be administered, as identified by the provinces.

[The BIG BOYS are in charge now  ac_smile ]

Anonymous

The top general is "anticipating" a constant flow of vaccines. That is not very reassuring.

cc

I didn't read it that way at all. He's a strong general  .. I've studied this guy and he does not make statements losely.

That's selectively picking words out of  very positive projections made by a hard nosed pro whose life experience causes him to not make any statements lightly .. nor to raise false expectations

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=393275 time=1607373637 user_id=88
I didn't read it that way at all. He's a strong general  .. I've studied this guy and he does not make statements losely.

That's selectively picking words out of  very positive projections made by a hard nosed pro who does not make any statements lightly

He didn't sign the contracts, the government did. I believe he'll do a good job with the logistics of getting it out to communities. But, it's up to the Trudeau government to get the vaccine here. I have no faith in them at all.

cc

I also have little faith in Trudy ... but he's becoming less and less in the picture now

My understanding is that the general is now involved in all aspects of it all .. and specifically involved in getting it here, not just distribution .. whether arranging and controlling transport via Fedex or in monitoring Phisher who will ship their own into Canada

As a general, if he makes a statement it is only because he is heavily involved in it and understands all the nuances behind it - of course he is dependent upon Moderna to deliver..

Dunno if you saw it, but the president of Moderna volunteered  last week that they were already moving on supply to Canada including larger quantities if we asked

'sides, I'm not going to go negative now that things are happening and we have a great "doer" leader in charge of all shipping including from the sources + +

cc

Update: Since this general took over, things are happening much faster than trudy was saying before

Trudy just today said "we will have 1/4 million of Pfizer in Canada next week"

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/trudeau-announcement-otoole-vaccine-motion-1.5830938?cmp=newsletter_Coronavirus%20Brief_2731_222709">https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/trudea ... 731_222709">https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/trudeau-announcement-otoole-vaccine-motion-1.5830938?cmp=newsletter_Coronavirus%20Brief_2731_222709

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=393282 time=1607375183 user_id=88
I also have little faith in Trudy ... but he's becoming less and less in the picture now

My understanding is that the general is now involved in all aspects of it all .. and specifically involved in getting it here, not just distribution .. whether arranging and controlling transport via Fedex or in monitoring Phisher who will ship their own into Canada

As a general, if he makes a statement it is only because he is heavily involved in it and understands all the nuances behind it - of course he is dependent upon Moderna to deliver..

Dunno if you saw it, but the president of Moderna volunteered  last week that they were already moving on supply to Canada including larger quantities if we asked

'sides, I'm not going to go negative now that things are happening and we have a great "doer" leader in charge of all shipping including from the sources + +

Well hell, let's just make the army boy pm.

I read we hope to have four million doses or enough for two million people by the end of March.

cc

Actually, .

It's in flux now after today's announcements but seems it's way higher than that

They expect some in Canada next week with continuous supply following ... and Moderna now in the game for us more than doubles it all

It's changing so fast I can't keep up and forget what the estimate was earlier today ... bur 20 million does by then may be in the cards as they figure they could get 1/4 of our population  in the 1st quarter. Seems Moderna will be pouring it in this month so the game is changing very fast right now .. and that one is easy to deal with and get into arms

I'll try to figure it all out, but info is coming in fast now and we will get started this month. Seems Phiser may arrive next week and Moderna the following week. A few days ago the pres of Moderna said we are high on the list for 20 million and now another 20 million will follow. Fedex is already gearing up for that one now

I know there was pessimistic news over the past month, but it seems the landscape is changing very rapidly right now

Anonymous

We will get the vaccine when we get it. Hopefully, sooner rather than later. I aint heading to North West Alberta supervising rigs this winter. Those camps are super spreaders.

cc

Anonymous

Quote from: Herman post_id=393313 time=1607396586 user_id=1689
We will get the vaccine when we get it. Hopefully, sooner rather than later. I aint heading to North West Alberta supervising rigs this winter. Those camps are super spreaders.

You're lucky you have the financial resources to do that.

cc

Trump to sign Covid order preventing international access until Americans get vaccine[/url][/color]

Order comes days before FDA reviews Pfizer's emergency authorisation application for vaccine

"The priority is to make sure we distribute these vaccines to Americans before we start shipping them around the world to get international access," an official told Fox News, .......... predicting that international assistance could come "late spring, early summer," and after they "achieve vaccinating those who have a desire to be vaccinated."

If this is done, we are screwed

And screw you both Mr T's (Trump for this  & Trudy for 10 months of doing FA to set up for manufacture ourselves under license )

(In the back of my mind, as Canada talked rollout,  I kept thinking the bastard might just do this ... while our guy has placed us at his mercy (of which he clearly has none)

May you both burn in hell ... like very soon, not later ... tonight works for me

https://st2.depositphotos.com/6295052/10540/i/950/depositphotos_105406040-stock-photo-middle-finger-in-close-up.jpg">

We will see how Pfizer and Moderna react to this .. but he financed them to develop fast  so I suspect he has them by the balls .. .while today  https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavirus/pfizer-moderna-decline-white-house-s-vaccine-summit-invitation-1.5220736">Pfizer, Moderna decline White House's 'vaccine summit' invitation

Also found this on Guardian tonight>

Trump administration refused offer to buy millions more Pfizer vaccine doses

Decision could delay the delivery of a second batch until the manufacturer meets its orders for other countries

The Trump administration passed up a chance last summer to buy millions of additional doses of Pfizer's coronavirus vaccine, a decision that could delay the delivery of a second batch of doses until the manufacturer fulfills other international contracts.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/dec/07/trump-administration-coronavirus-vaccine-pfizer">//https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/dec/07/trump-administration-coronavirus-vaccine-pfizer

Tomorrow will be an interesting day

Anonymous

I suspected the Trump adminitration and perhaps the British government might do that.

Anonymous

QuoteAlso found this on Guardian tonight>

Trump administration refused offer to buy millions more Pfizer vaccine doses

Decision could delay the delivery of a second batch until the manufacturer meets its orders for other countries

The Trump administration passed up a chance last summer to buy millions of additional doses of Pfizer's coronavirus vaccine, a decision that could delay the delivery of a second batch of doses until the manufacturer fulfills other international contracts.

That story came from the the NYT, and I believe it's misleading. There were concerns about cybersecurity with the five hundred million doses. I know the US has one hundred million doses of the Pfizer vaccine with options for tens of milions more doses.

And from a cursory check this morning, Trump's executive order he will sign today won't affect the orders that have already been placed by other countries. It's more symbolic than anything else. That's my understanding so far, but I'll keep looking.