News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10760
Total votes: : 5

Last post: Today at 11:12:08 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by formosan

COVID-19 >> New Drug Activity & VACCINE TRACKING!!

Started by cc, January 26, 2020, 09:18:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 8 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=393507 time=1607479722 user_id=88
I'm guessin they will got to 3900 people

You mean one jab and then wait for the second delivery?

cc

Well, I know Moderna is 30 days before 2nd shot - Pfizer is either 2 or 4 weeks before 2nd shot
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=393512 time=1607480711 user_id=88
Well, I know Moderna is 30 days before 2nd shot - Pfizer is either 2 or 4 weeks before 2nd shot

I checked the CBC article again, and it says 3900 doses for just under two thousand people.

cc

Aw. OK .. my assumption was wrong

I'm sure once they get steady supply they will do it differently

Thiel

Manitoba is supposed to receive 75,000 doses instead of 66,000 because of our high Aboriginal popuation.
gay, conservative and proud

cc

This first round is only 249,000 for all canada

But heh, it's a start

Anonymous

Quote from: Thiel post_id=393517 time=1607484265 user_id=1688
Manitoba is supposed to receive 75,000 doses instead of 66,000 because of our high Aboriginal popuation.

That won't be in the first round before January 1.

Anonymous

Once the frontrunner,  AstraZeneca has had problems in trials.

British vaccine needs more work

LONDON — AstraZeneca and Oxford University have more work to do to confirm whether their vaccine can be 90% effective, a peer-reviewed paper in The Lancet showed Tuesday, potentially slowing its rollout in the fight against the pandemic.

Once seen as the frontrunner in the development of a vaccine against the coronavirus crisis, the British team was overtaken by U.S. drugmaker Pfizer, whose shots — with a success rate of around 95% — were administered to U.K. seniors Tuesday.

Detailed results from the AstraZeneca-Oxford vaccine trials have been eagerly awaited after some scientists criticized a lack of clarity in an initial announcement last month.

But The Lancet gave few extra clues as to why efficacy was 62% for trial participants given two full doses, but 90% for a smaller subgroup given a half, then a full dose.

"(This) will require further research as more data becomes available from the trial," the researchers said.

John Moore, virologist at Weill Cornell Medical College in New York, said the team's Lancet paper was "a hodgepodge of factoids and is hard to digest."

cc

Pfizer is officially approved by Health Canada today

We are now officially in the start of our virus eradication

WOW - In modifying the title to update I noticed that I had started this ongoing thread January 26th, 2020 .. right around the time Canada got its first case with the conclusion "[Note: It's still very early on and could somehow get contained OR it could become an Extraordinary MAJOR threat to the world]"

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=393586 time=1607533541 user_id=88
Pfizer is officially approved by Health Canada today

We are now officially in the start of our virus eradication

WOW - In modifying the title to update I noticed that I had started this ongoing thread January 26th, 2020 .. right around the time Canada got its first case

:smiley_thumbs_up_yellow_ani:

cc

Today each province will put forward it's official initial plan for use

Anonymous

We are not getting almost one third of the initial doses.

cc

I believe the country only gets 240,00 of the initial run to be distributed proportionately. Something doesn't sound right in that

Anonymous

Quote from: "iron horse jockey" post_id=393599 time=1607536963 user_id=2015

We are not getting almost one third of the initial doses.

I don't know what numbers Thiel is talking about, but as cc wrote, we are only getting 249,000 doses nationally in the first round.

Anonymous

Alberta had 1460 new infections today and thirteen deaths..

Today is the first day in a while we had fewer new cases than Ontario or Quebec..

The first Albertans will receive the Pfizer vaccine next Wednesday..

Over 3900 Albertans will receive the vaccine and we'll have more doses before the second injection is required one month later.