News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10746
Total votes: : 5

Last post: Today at 09:12:06 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

COVID-19 >> New Drug Activity & VACCINE TRACKING!!

Started by cc, January 26, 2020, 09:18:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=394188 time=1607995324 user_id=88
My Doc thinks I'll get done a lot quicker because of having had serious pneumonia this year.

Any idea when that might be cc?

cc

Dunno exactly .... a chance near end of first run before end of March .. if not prolly April once second run takes off

I believe they will be ramping up the numbers faster then

I have no other health issues, but that especially recent pneumonia is a trigger to get it sooner
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=394190 time=1607995702 user_id=88
Dunno exactly .... a chance near end of first run before end of March .. if not prolly April once second run takes off

I believe they will be ramping up the numbers faster then

I have no other health issues, but that especially recent pneumonia is a trigger to get it sooner

The sooner my family is vaccinated, the better.

cc

Anonymous

I wonder how long immunity will last with these vaccines. Will we have to get vaccinated for COVID every year.

cc

Quote from: seoulbro post_id=394252 time=1608007298 user_id=114
I wonder how long immunity will last with these vaccines. Will we have to get vaccinated for COVID every year.

No way to know at this point in time. Results have remained strong throughout test period ... I'm sure they will follow those in the tests as they already have some time in

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=394260 time=1608008187 user_id=88

No way to know at this point in time. Results have remained strong throughout test period ... I'm sure they will follow those in the tests as they already have some time in

If we have to get vaccinated every year along with the flu shot, so be it.

cc

No way for anyone to know if antibodies diminish yet. Time will show that.

It's actually not comparable to flu vaccines which are given annually .. mainly not because effect is diminished, .. rather to counter new and current flu strains

Pneumonia shots are somewhat similar to flu shots in that regard .. many strains to cover

Frood

No way for anyone to know if a RNA vaccine doesn't destroy humanity...

Time will tell.........    lol
Blahhhhhh...

cc

ummm .. err .. OK

There's an easy solution for you

Simply don't take it yourself and get TF out of the way of others

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=394269 time=1608043327 user_id=88

It's actually not comparable to flu vaccines which are given annually .. mainly not because effect is diminished, .. rather to counter new and current flu strains

Pneumonia shots are somewhat similar to flu shots in that regard .. many strains to cover

I guess if people get infected next fall that got the shot in the spring, we'll know it needs to be taken annually.

@realAzhyaAryola

My English friends are saying that the virus is mutating and that some people who took the vaccine had anaphylactic shock. She does not feel comfortable with the Pfizer vaccine so she's waiting for the Oxford one.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=394263 time=1608012324 user_id=3254
Quote from: cc post_id=394260 time=1608008187 user_id=88

If we have to get vaccinated every year along with the flu shot, so be it.

Yes, I am also fine with that.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: @realAzhyaAryola post_id=394290 time=1608051822 user_id=73
My English friends are saying that the virus is mutating and that some people who took the vaccine had anaphylactic shock. She does not feel comfortable with the Pfizer vaccine so she's waiting for the Oxford one.

I haven't heard that, but I read that the coronavirus itself is mutating in Southern England.

cc

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=394278 time=1608050600 user_id=3254
Quote from: cc post_id=394269 time=1608043327 user_id=88

I guess if people get infected next fall that got the shot in the spring, we'll know it needs to be taken annually.

They will know long term efficiency via antibody tests as time goes on

It makes sense they will especially follow up on those who were part of trials as they will have had more time with it