News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10611
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:09:32 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

COVID-19 >> New Drug Activity & VACCINE TRACKING!!

Started by cc, January 26, 2020, 09:18:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 5 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

A third dose of coronavirus vaccine may be needed to prevent serious cases of new variants of the disease, Bill Gates said Tuesday.

cc

BG also just said "we must all eat artificial beef"

He could be right on more shots in future, but only by using the same logic and observations  we all use ... a medical scientific person he definitely is not
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=402613 time=1613622014 user_id=3254
A third dose of coronavirus vaccine may be needed to prevent serious cases of new variants of the disease, Bill Gates said Tuesday.

Where did old Bill Gates get his medical degree?

Anonymous

About one-third of U.S. military troops have turned down the vaccine for the CCP virus, or the novel coronavirus, said the Pentagon on Wednesday.

cc

Quote from: seoulbro post_id=402645 time=1613664324 user_id=114
About one-third of U.S. military troops have turned down the vaccine for the CCP virus, or the novel coronavirus, said the Pentagon on Wednesday.

That will work out well, sigh

What a wonky world we now live in .. When sent to certain parts of the world, shots against local diseases are mandatory

I'm picturing IED Covid genades bringing entire armies to a halt in a few days

Anonymous

Quote from: seoulbro post_id=402645 time=1613664324 user_id=114

I would've thought American forces would make vaccinations mandatory.

cc

Before, yes. In today's upside down  world, not so much

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=402679 time=1613676611 user_id=88
Before, yes. In today's upside down  world, not so much

It must be difficult to do social distancing in mulitary operations.

Anonymous

Health authorities in Ottawa said experts were looking at whether one shot of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine could be almost as good as the recommended two.

Canada's deputy chief public health officer, Dr. Howard Njoo, called the data in a new Canadian-authored study compelling.

Writing in the New England Journal of Medicine, two doctors say U.S. data indicate the vaccine to be 92 per cent effective against COVID-19 two weeks after just one dose.

cc

BC Health yesterday said the same from their examination of original data plus supported by I think it was Quebec's use  data

1 wk = 54%

After 1 wk = quickly rises to 68%

2 Weeks = 92%

A major item is many reports of much less severity for any who do get infected. I would like to see more "official" data on this aspect.

This part is a very important bonus if true

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=402808 time=1613755058 user_id=88
BC Health yesterday said the same from their examination of original data plus supported by I think it was Quebec's use  data

1 wk = 54%

After 1 wk = quickly rises to 68%

2 Weeks = 92%

A major item is many reports of much less severity for any who do get infected. I would like to see more "official" data on this aspect

That is very encouraging cc, since we have very limited vaccine supply in Canada.

cc

Yes, it is.

There is a further bonus also - Bonnie has been adamant that like all virus vaccines, the first shot gets action going ("primes the defense system")   .. and the longer time before the second dose, the stronger the end protection result + the longer lasting it will be

If one sees creditable  data on "far less severity for any who do get infected" , please post it

Anonymous

Alberta released it's phase two plan for vaccinations starting in April..

It's dependent of receiving doses from Ottawa..

It will cover 1.8 million people in the province......nobody in my house will be among them.

:sad:

cc

Yes, our plan was unofficially released today also .. March will be over 80 and several key workers

April will start at ages below 80 and work down from there

cc

Darn I'd like to see good data on how vaccinated people fare if infected .. how much the pre-antibodies help them with severity

I have searched really hard, but gaggle does not do well with complicated searches