News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10608
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 01:17:18 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

COVID-19 >> New Drug Activity & VACCINE TRACKING!!

Started by cc, January 26, 2020, 09:18:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=402849 time=1613789719 user_id=88
Darn I'd like to see good data on how vaccinated people fare if infected .. how much the pre-antibodies help them with severity

I have searched really hard, but gaggle does not do well with complicated searches

Do you mean people that had it like the Seoul brother and then get vaccinated?

cc

No. I mean someone is vaccinated & is one of the few who get infected some time later - does having been vaccinated help them with less severe symptoms (which I believe is the case) .. and if so   .. to what extent

I have seen mention that having been vaccinated means  less severity of symptoms if one does become infected  .. & It would make sense the antibodies would give them a big head start on recovery, but I'd like to see strong credible data on that

Gaggle is useless on complex searches
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=402855 time=1613790959 user_id=88
No. I mean someone is vaccinated & is one of the few who get infected some time later - does having been vaccinated help them with less severe symptoms (which I believe is the case) .. and if so   .. to what extent

I have seen mention that having been vaccinated means  less severity of symptoms if one does become infected  .. & It would make sense the antibodies would give them a big head start on recovery, but I'd like to see strong credible data on that

Gaggle is useless on complex searches

I heard about the same.

Anonymous

With a second jab, very few people catch COVID.

cc

True, but 1 in 20 do

BTW, they found 1st jab gets up to about 92% after 2 weeks according to BC Health head honchos. They have been deep digging on Pfizer's testing

1 wk = 54%

After 1 wk = 68%

2 Weeks = 92%

However, it's never 100 so some get infected and I wanted to know if they fared a lot better than those with no vaccine

cc

Quote from: cc post_id=402890 time=1613803885 user_id=88However, it's not 100 % so some get infected and I wanted to know if they fared a lot better than those with no vaccine
Quote from: Herman post_id=402897 time=1613805112 user_id=1689
They probably do.

I think that also, I just ask anyone who finds solid data addressing the subject to please post it

Anonymous

Canada currently ranks 45th in the world for vaccinating its population on a per capita basis. That's beyond sad for a G7 country and top 10 economy with supposedly one of the best health-care systems in the world.

Just 1.4 million doses have been administered so far and provinces, in charge of putting the shots into arms, just started getting a renewed supply after weeks of drought.

By comparison, the United States has administered 59.5 million doses and jabs more people in the arms in a day than we have since December.

Britain has administered 16.8 million doses and more than 90% of people over 70 in England have received their first dose.

In Canada, we have a government that has failed to deliver vaccines, despite Trudeau's boastful promises, while at the same time warning us that we need to lock down harder based on scant information.

Tam's "modelling" is much like Trudeau's vaccine promises, not backed up by reality.

In a crisis like the one we are in, Canadians need and deserve leadership from bureaucrats and politicians alike.

Sadly, we aren't getting it from either side.

Anonymous

OTTAWA — Pfizer and BioNTech say their COVID-19 vaccine can now safely be stored in regular freezers for up to two weeks, potentially easing some of the difficulty getting the vaccine distributed outside of major cities.

Pfizer's vaccine has been the trickiest to handle because until now the companies said it had to be kept frozen between -60 C and -80 C until shortly before it is thawed and injected.

The companies asked the United States to adjust the vaccine's emergency-use authorization to note the temperature change Friday and a Canadian spokeswoman said they intended to ask Health Canada to do so in the next few weeks.

Anonymous

cc

Generally decreasing numbers of major countries cases per day

(Rolling 7 day average changes over last 5 weeks in rounded numbers up to this weekend)

Canada = 7,100 > 2,900

UK = 51,000 > 11,600 And this is with variant last while -  (1 in every 16 people have been infected)

France = Little Change around 19,000

Italy = 16,000 > 9,700

Germany 18,000 > 7,000

US = 240,000 > 71,000  .. Must be biden's expertise  :wink:  ..  ( 1 in every 12 people have had it)

Frood

More and more adverse reactions to the so called vaccines..  

Take your rat bait, rodents! ...  :laugh3:
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

I still have antibodies. I'm surprised because it's been quite a while since I recovered. I am still getting vaccinated when it's availabe to the general public,

cc

There must be a yardstick (quantity count) as to how many antibodies is protection

I will want to know a couple of months after taking the rat bait what kind of protection i have

Appears you had test, Seoul. Did they quantify what you have vs. what is good protection?

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=402966 time=1613931358 user_id=88
There must be a yardstick (quantity count) as to how many antibodies is protection

I will want to know a couple of months after taking the rat bait what kind of protection i have

Appears you had test, Seoul. Did they quantify what you have vs. what is good protection?

It wasn't that detailed. I have some antibodies, but not as much as someone who recovered a month ago for example.