News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10608
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 01:17:18 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

COVID-19 >> New Drug Activity & VACCINE TRACKING!!

Started by cc, January 26, 2020, 09:18:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 6 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=403471 time=1614295864 user_id=88
Quote from: Fashionista post_id=403470 time=1614295785 user_id=3254
The available vaccines are less effective for this strain?

Good question - I posted only some of it - it ends with

.......... "It's not particularly happy news," Michel Nussenzweig, an immunologist at Rockefeller University, told the Times. "But just knowing about it is good because then we can perhaps do something about it." Nussenzweig also said that the mutation blocks the activity of a common class of antibodies.

"People who have recovered from the coronavirus or who have been vaccinated are very likely to be able to fight this variant off, there's no doubt about that." He added that "they may get a little bit sick from it."

[Seems the answer is a yes and a no - but effects are clearly much milder - and they have not yet quantified the numbers in those vaccinated vs. not vaccinated ]

I blame Cuomo  :wink:

We'll have to wait and observe.

cc

I'm beginning to think that those vaccinated actually get any brand of Covid just like everyone else when exposed to it just like anyone else .. but it is usually fought off by antibodies  and most vaccinated never know they were carriers briefly

Hence the constant recommendations for masks even if vaccinated  .. because you could spread it like any other carrier, and worse because you don't know you are carrying  it OR even think you could get it
???

And  with regard to the NY variant, he does say "they may get a little bit sick from it." .. indicating it works against this one also (assuming the above is how it all works)
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=403477 time=1614296918 user_id=88
I'm beginning to think that those vaccinated actually can get any brand of Covid just like everyone else .. and do when exposed to it just like anyone else .. but it is usually fought off by antibodies  and most vaccinated never know they were carriers briefly

Hence the constant recommendations for masks even if vaccinated  .. because you could spread it like any other carrier, and worse because you don't know you are carrying  it OR even think you could get it
???

And he does say "they may get a little bit sick from it."

So, transmissibility is still a possibility, though we don't know yet.

cc

That has not yet been proven, but is suspected. They are working hard for answers on that

If it's the case that vaccinated people actually can get get Covid like anyone else but  fight it off, then anyone is a potential spreader

I think I'm understanding the way these vaccines work now (Boing!!)  :sdfjh(2): - they may not stop infection at all, .. they just kill it off inside of  those vaccinated - That makes sense because antibodies certainly don't provide an external barrier, they can only kill it off when it gets into you

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=403483 time=1614298432 user_id=88
That has not yet been proven, but is suspected. They are working hard for answers on that

If it's the case that vaccinated people actually can get get Covid like anyone else but  fight it off, then anyone is a potential spreader

I think I'm understanding the way these vaccines work now (Boing!!)  :sdfjh(2): - they may not stop infection at all, .. they just kill it off inside of  those vaccinated - That makes sense because antibodies certainly don't provide an external barrier, they can only kill it off when it gets into you

If vaccinated people can still transmit the virus, than vaccines act more like an effective treatment.

cc

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=403488 time=1614299616 user_id=3254

If vaccinated people can still transmit the virus, than vaccines act more like an effective treatment.

Exactly what I'm getting at

When I think about it, how else can one be protected outside of the bloodstream where the antibodies are ?

And if so those previously infected are to various degrees protected in the very same way .. and same for flu or any virus

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=403490 time=1614300310 user_id=88
Quote from: Fashionista post_id=403488 time=1614299616 user_id=3254

Exactly what I'm getting at

And if so those previously infected are to various some degrees protected in the very same way

We'll have to wait and see if vaccinated people have less transmissibility..

Hopefully, we'll know more soon.

cc

Hopefully they transmit less .. and certainly will for a shorter time because their system is working to kill it off

It all makes sense as to why scientists have been saying that masks are still needed to protect others while this beast is in bloom

We really need good science on this part of it

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=403493 time=1614300794 user_id=88
Hopefully they transmit less .. and certainly will for a shorter time because their system is working to kill it off

It all makes sense as to why scientists have been saying that masks are still needed to protect others while this beast is in bloom

We really need good science on this part of it

I hope it's discovered that vaccinated people are less likely to transmit..

Otherwise it will be a long time before Canada opens up fully.....we're so far behind so many other countries in inoculating people.

cc

I'd imagine they would be a lot less likely, as their antibodies would instantly go to work at destroying it and ending it for them

But there may be a short  period where they could transmit - hence why many scientists are saying to wear masks so long as the virus remains a strong force

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=403497 time=1614303149 user_id=88
I'd imagine they would be a lot less likely, as their antibodies would instantly go to work at destroying it and ending it for them

But there may be a short  period where they could transmit - hence why many scientists are saying to wear masks so long as the virus remains a strong force

At least vaccinated people don't have to quarantine. Or may not have to.

cc

If they exhibited even very minor symptom, that would have to quarantine

I would if in that situation  .. at least while symptoms remain

This is a question science will have to face and figure answers  on like fast

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=403512 time=1614310523 user_id=88
If they exhibited even very minor symptom, that would have to quarantine

I would if in that situation  .. at least while symptoms remain

This is a question science will have to face and figure answers  on like fast

I thought federal authorities in the USA were considering a quarantine exemption for vaccinated entering the country.

Anonymous

Health Canada has approved the AstraZeneca vaccine for use, and Canada could see 1.9 million doses arrive by the end of June.

Anonymous

The Johnson and Johnson vaccine might be approved soon by the FDA. It's one jab only.