News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10608
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 01:17:18 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

COVID-19 >> New Drug Activity & VACCINE TRACKING!!

Started by cc, January 26, 2020, 09:18:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 6 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Premier Jason Kenney said all residents in long-term care and designated supportive living had received their second shot of the vaccine..

Cases in the province's long-term care homes have plummeted by 92 per cent after vaccinations.

cc

Looks like everything will be much faster than expected thanks to the first 2 vaccines now expected to meet promises + Astrazeneca has moved up BC predictions for everyone  & other Provinces will get proportional amounts

And then J&J will move dates forward even further

While last 2 are less efficient at prevention, they have a great much milder symptoms history

Results from care homes are impressive
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

cc

I get that. I guess I'm prone to expecting the best by my nature .. and in fact see it all even sooner when J&J comes online (although I do not know dates for Canada with J&J but indications seem to be soon)

Astrazeneca is already on the way from India plant

Anonymous

All I have heard about the J&J vaccine is that it only requires one jab.

Anonymous

cc

"Decision on the one-dose vaccine expected in a 'couple of weeks': Dr. Supriya Sharm

US approved & expects order delivered this week

Merck & Co. is teaming up with rival Johnson & Johnson to help manufacture its recently-approved vaccine

I'm not sure where Trudy got us in the quew

Anonymous

Some experts believe people who have had COVID-19 should get just one shot of two-dose coronavirus vaccines.

Anonymous

No vaccine in Canada has been approved for use in children yet.

cc

That may be a while as testing focused on older - they are doing some tests now

Astrazeneca in the air from India and due to land at Pearson tonight

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=403930 time=1614713557 user_id=88
That may be a while as testing focused on older - they are doing some tests now

Astrazeneca in the air from India and due to land at Pearson tonight

:smiley_thumbs_up_yellow_ani:

Anonymous

Chief medical officer of health Dr. Deena Hinshaw said Wednesday that Alberta will be extending the period between first and second doses of COVID-19 vaccines to four months starting with appointments being booked March 10..

Dr Hinshaw also said that most Albertans aged eighteen and over should be able to get their first shot by early summer.

Anonymous

Ivermectin: It is over 99% effective at stopping Covid symptoms as long as the patient still has 50% breathing capacity they are literally cured within a few days.

Physicians have been having difficulty prescribing this in some states because the Democrats are trying to force physicians to only prescribe drugs for their intended purposes and ivermectin is technically a re-purposed drug because it is used for other ailments.

cc

Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=404034 time=1614823737 user_id=56
Ivermectin:
Hopefully Canada will check it out

Dang .. Seems our Bonnie knows her stuff - She has had several people talking data for months  with israel, UK, etc.  and the manufacturers & set us on a four month course as better yesterday .. which put Fed Docs into checking more closely

https://www.peacearchnews.com/news/federal-panel-recommends-4-month-gap-between-covid-vaccine-doses-due-to-limited-supply/">Federal panel recommends 4-month gap between COVID vaccine doses due to limited supply

The recommendation applies to all COVID-19 vaccines currently approved in Canada

The National Advisory Committee on Immunization (NACI) is supporting B.C.'s decision to delay the second doses of COVID-19 vaccines by up to four months.

"NACI recommends that in the context of limited COVID-19 vaccine supply jurisdictions should maximize the number of individuals benefiting from the first dose of vaccine by extending the second dose of COVID-19 vaccine up to four months after the first," the committee said in a decision published Wednesday (March 3).

The recommendation applies to all COVID-19 vaccines currently approved in Canada; Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna and the newly approved AstraZeneca vaccine.

Also in The Lancet, a U.K. study found that the Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine is 81 per cent effective when its second dose is given three months after the first, compared with 55 per cent efficacy after six weeks.

[This is the kind of stuff Bonnie has been saying for months]

Anonymous

My husband and I were hoping to to go the Netherlands for Christmas, and see some of his relatives..

With Alberta's new four month rule between injections, I wonder if we will need to isolate for fourteen days with only one shot of the vaccine?