News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10583
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 06:40:12 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

COVID-19 >> New Drug Activity & VACCINE TRACKING!!

Started by cc, January 26, 2020, 09:18:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 5 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Good news for cc..

Pfizer, Moderna COVID-19 vaccines highly effective after 1st shot in real-world, U.S. study suggests

Findings add to evidence base supporting COVID-19 vaccines

COVID-19 vaccines developed by Pfizer with BioNTech and Moderna reduced the risk of infection by 80 per cent two weeks or more after the first of two shots, according to data from a real-world study of vaccinated U.S. health-care personnel and first responders released on Monday.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/health/mrna-covid-19-vaccines-cdc-effectiveness-1.5968376">https://www.cbc.ca/news/health/mrna-cov ... -1.5968376">https://www.cbc.ca/news/health/mrna-covid-19-vaccines-cdc-effectiveness-1.5968376

Frood

These injections don't prevent infections. They manage them.

Really shitty reporting by the CBC...
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Nine out of 10 Americans will be able to get a COVID-19 vaccine by April 19, President Joe Biden announced on March 29.

cc

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=406658 time=1617114031 user_id=1676

A technical point we can agree on .. albeit moot toward the end result, thus a "So What?"

As for all vaccines, they do not cause a magic aura of protection around people.

(At least I don't see a visible aura around me other than the one that was always there  ac_smile )

Viruses  have to enter a person before vaccine generated antibodies can do their job .. so in that sense one can say one gets the illness but it is quickly neutralized in the best case scenario .. or muted greatly before it is ultimately neutralized in the worse case scenario

"Managed" would be technically accurate I expect, but moot  toward the desired end result of "not getting very  ill"
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: seoulbro post_id=406669 time=1617119267 user_id=114
Nine out of 10 Americans will be able to get a COVID-19 vaccine by April 19, President Joe Biden announced on March 29.

Many months before Canadians.

cc

A bit of a bight spot in Canada's dark vaccine debacle

"Canada getting 5 extra million Pfizer doses in June ..  much ahead of schedule" .. and in addition to the 6 million already scheduled

No link yet, saw on Global News Channel just now

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavirus/pfizer-moves-up-vaccine-delivery-with-5m-more-doses-coming-in-june-1.5368025">EDIT: Pfizer moves up vaccine delivery, with 5M more doses coming in June

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=406688 time=1617134320 user_id=88
A bit of a bight spot in Canada's dark vaccine debacle

"Canada getting 5 extra million Pfizer doses in June ..  much ahead of schedule" .. and in addition to the 6 million already scheduled

No link yet, saw on Global News Channel just now

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavirus/pfizer-moves-up-vaccine-delivery-with-5m-more-doses-coming-in-june-1.5368025">EDIT: Pfizer moves up vaccine delivery, with 5M more doses coming in June

I hope Ottawa is right this time. Ontario is a mess and vaccines are the only way out.

cc

Yes. Vaccines are the only way out of this growing mess

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=406697 time=1617141270 user_id=88

The USA, Israel, Qatar, and the UK are proof of that.

Frood

Quote from: cc post_id=406682 time=1617125771 user_id=88
Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=406658 time=1617114031 user_id=1676

A technical point we can agree on .. albeit moot toward the end result, thus a "So What?"

As for all vaccines, they do not cause a magic aura of protection around people.

(At least I don't see a visible aura around me other than the one that was always there  ac_smile )

Viruses  have to enter a person before vaccine generated antibodies can do their job .. so in that sense one can say one gets the illness but it is quickly neutralized in the best case scenario .. or muted greatly before it is ultimately neutralized in the worse case scenario

"Managed" would be technically accurate I expect, but moot  toward the desired end result of "not getting very  ill"

There's a huge difference between what real vaccines do and mRNA injections do.

Classing them together is a disservice to the consumer's informed consent and potentially health, lives, and quality of life for their remaining days.

Not moot...
Blahhhhhh...

Frood

No...
Blahhhhhh...

cc

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=406698 time=1617142463 user_id=3254

The USA, Israel, Qatar, and the UK are proof of that.

Yes. It's that simple. They alone make the case

All countries that are heavily vaccinated, those being prolly the best examples,  have case and death number greatly reduced and are getting close to back to "normal"

Take UK alone. Despite a high % of the highly contagious variant,  still has fallen to 10% of its previous cases and deaths .. and continues to fall in numbers as more get the jab ...  as others of Europe & most everywhere rise rapidly in numbers

There is nothing difficult about looking at a string of rapidly falling numbers going back months  .. while at the same time comparing the rising number strings of other countries  ... and viewing concrete proof right in front of one's eyes .. It's not rocket science ..  like what's so difficult about obvious?

Anonymous

Pfizer says COVID-19 vaccine is 100 percent effective in children as young as 12 years old.

Anonymous

More than 100 people in Washington state have tested positive for COVID-19 after being fully vaccinated, authorities said March 30.

Epidemiologists have found evidence of 102 so-called breakthrough cases since Feb. 1. That number represents 0.01 percent of people in the state who have been fully vaccinated against the virus.

Anonymous

The CDC announced that scientific evidence suggests people vaccinated against COVID-19 almost never carry the virus.