News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10583
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 06:40:12 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

COVID-19 >> New Drug Activity & VACCINE TRACKING!!

Started by cc, January 26, 2020, 09:18:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Dr Deena Hinshaw urged Albertans age 55-64 to get the AZ vaccine..

That vaccine reduces the risk of infection by 60-70 per cent after one dose and reduces hospitalizations by eighty per cent.

Odinson

My mother was vaccinated a few weeks ago.

Astra Zeneca.

No side-effects.

Anonymous

Quote from: Odinson post_id=408385 time=1618523246 user_id=136
My mother was vaccinated a few weeks ago.

Astra Zeneca.

No side-effects.

:smiley_thumbs_up_yellow_ani:

Anonymous

People who have received the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine are "likely" to need a third dose sometime within a year after being fully vaccinated.

"A likely scenario is that there will be likely a need for a third dose, somewhere between six and 12 months and then from there, there will be an annual revaccination," CEO Albert Bourla said during an online event on April 15.

J&J CEO Alex Gorsky several weeks ago suggested that people will have to get COVID-19 shots annually, similar to seasonal flu shots.

cc

That's OK. They are already doing tune-up work for variants - We may need adjusted for variants alone even if it remained strong, so a tuned up shot is win / win

This is exactly what they do for Flu Vaccine every year .. tune it for new variants
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Frood

Blahhhhhh...

cc

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=408413 time=1618531050 user_id=88
That's OK. They are already doing tune-up work for variants - We may need adjusted for variants alone even if it remained strong, so a tuned up shot is win / win

This is exactly what they do for Flu Vaccine every year .. tune it for new variants

My second shot is supposed to be August 2. I will have to get another one before August 2, 2021.

cc

Fitness / Gyms have to go

They are much higher than Bars, Restaurants and Offices - and of course these jock heads then spread it to everyone else & keep us all in trouble

Anonymous

Israel only had 170 new cases yesterday......vaccines are the reason.

cc

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=408421 time=1618531661 user_id=3254

wow - & UK only had 2600 .. while France had 38,000 & Canada 9,500

The proof is in the puddin

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=408423 time=1618531874 user_id=88
Quote from: Fashionista post_id=408421 time=1618531661 user_id=3254

wow - & UK only had 2600 .. while France had 38,000 & Canada 9,500

The proof is in the puddin

It certainly is cc.

cc

Anyone that can't figure it that  must have been born and lived most of their life upside down  ... in a cave

Anonymous

I still don't know when I can get my first vaccine dose. I hope it's soon.

cc

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/04/15/pfizer-ceo-says-third-covid-vaccine-dose-likely-needed-within-12-months.html">CNBC - Pfizer CEO says third Covid vaccine dose likely needed within 12 months

Pfizer CEO Albert Bourla said people will "likely" need a booster dose of a Covid-19 vaccine within 12 months of getting fully vaccinated. His comments were made public Thursday but were taped April 1.

Bourla said it's possible people will need to get vaccinated against the coronavirus annually.

"A likely scenario is that there will be likely a need for a third dose, somewhere between six and 12 months and then from there, there will be an annual revaccination, but all of that needs to be confirmed.

And again, the variants will play a key role," he told CNBC's Bertha Coombs during an event with CVS Health.

[The good part of RNAs is that they can be more easily tweaked for variants]