News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10583
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 06:40:12 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

COVID-19 >> New Drug Activity & VACCINE TRACKING!!

Started by cc, January 26, 2020, 09:18:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 6 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=408656 time=1618686850 user_id=56
Quote from: cc post_id=408655 time=1618686538 user_id=88Good stuff

Alberta is only giving it to people between the ages of 55 and 64 with no pre-existing conditions. Mom will be 60 in July and she's in A-1 health, so she'll be fine. Millions of people around the world have had that vaccine.

I've changed my mind.......if AZ is available for me, I'm taking it.

Anonymous

The mass AZ clinic at the Edmonton Expo Centre can administer 7,000 AstraZeneca shots per day, but did 280 on Wednesday, while the mass clinic at the Calgary Telus Convention Centre has also faced low appointment numbers..

Alberta officials say part of the issue is hesitancy brought on by reports of extremely rare blood clots occurring in people who have received AstraZeneca, also known as Covishield.

cc

What a shame. Problems are so rare and chances of clotting are 10 x greater from getting covid

The story was handled atrociously & is harming people

There are rare problems with every drug on the planet (and food also) .. but the publicity of all things covid is so high & much is so poorly handled
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=408747 time=1618781828 user_id=88
What a shame. Problems are so rare and chances of clotting are 10 x greater from getting covid

The story was handled atrociously & is harming people

There are rare problems with every drug on the planet (and food also) .. but the publicity of all things covid is so high & much is so poorly handled

I read that birth control pills are ten times more likely to cause bloodclots than the AZ vaccine..

We have hundreds of thousands of doses that vaccine in Alberta that isn't being used..

I'd like Dr Hunshaw to reccommend to younger age groups, so we can get more people vaccinated and get our province fully opened.

Anonymous

If Alberta would lower the age for people eligible for the AZ vaccine, I would go to the mass vaccination centre in Calgary right now and get my first dose.

Ontario pharmacists urge province to expand AstraZeneca eligibility as doses sit unused

One pharmacist has 160 doses sitting idle, still has to turn away people under age 55

The Ontario Pharmacists Association is urging the province to allow pharmacies to administer the AstraZeneca vaccine to people under 55 years of age as doses go unused and COVID-19 cases continue to climb.

"Our view is it is a safe and effective vaccine and the benefits outweigh the risks," said association CEO Justin Bates.

"We think it's important to lift the age restriction, prioritize essential workers and get this out to as many people as possible. We don't want wastage."  

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/ontario-pharamcists-astrazeneca-age-eligibility-1.5992514">https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/ ... -1.5992514">https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/ontario-pharamcists-astrazeneca-age-eligibility-1.5992514

Anonymous

Ontario and Alberta lowered the age to receive the Astrazeneca vaccine from 55 to 40.

cc

Very good. With such few we get, they all need to go into arms

and ASAP
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=408796 time=1618810737 user_id=88
Very good. With such few we get, they all need to go into arms

and ASAP

I agree. It's been approved for anybody over the age of 18 by Health Canada. We have a lot of unused doses in this country. Lower the age to 18 and get it into the arms of anybody who wants it.

Frood

Cool with anybody wanting a kill shot getting a kill shot but it's not kosher injecting under 18s with it when kids weather covid just fine...
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

If people in this country won't take the Astrazeneca vaccine due to unfair negative publicity, let's donate our supplies of it to a developing country that will.

Frood

Is it unfair?

People in their 20's, 30's, and 40's have been getting various forms of thrombosis from it....some dying horribly from it.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=408814 time=1618822943 user_id=1676
Is it unfair?

People in their 20's, 30's, and 40's have been getting various forms of thrombosis from it....some dying horribly from it.

Women.are much more likely to get similar side effects from birth control pills.

Anonymous

Over 36,000 people in Alberta between the ages of 40 and 54 signed up for the AZ vaccine, including our premier and Dr Deena Hinshaw.

Anonymous

I made an appointment to get the Astrozeneca vaccine Thursday.

Frood

Blahhhhhh...