News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10580
Total votes: : 4

Last post: October 07, 2024, 10:26:44 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Shen Li

COVID-19 >> New Drug Activity & VACCINE TRACKING!!

Started by cc, January 26, 2020, 09:18:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

cc

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=409197 time=1619292049 user_id=3254
Quote from: cc post_id=409193 time=1619288504 user_id=88
https://server4.kproxy.com/servlet/redirect.srv/sfi/skkm/sijk/p2/news/health/astrazeneca-vaccine-canada-blood-clot-ontario-1.6000812">Ontario man speaks out after father has severe stroke from rare blood clot following AstraZeneca vaccine

An Ontario man whose father suffered a severe stroke from a rare blood clot after receiving the AstraZeneca-Oxford COVID-19 vaccine is revealing new details about the condition for the first time in hopes of helping Canadians better understand the risk.

Vaccines are saving countless lives as Canada's third wave rages on, with more transmissible coronavirus variants spreading like wildfire across the country. But while the risk of adverse events tied to the shots are extremely rare — they can be very serious.

"At his age with all his myriad of health issues it was a no brainer — take the first one," said Kyle, who CBC News agreed to speak to on condition of anonymity due to health privacy and safety concerns.

"He's just unbelievably unlucky."

Terrible.

His father's situation is terrible ..  but I posted because I admire the son seeing past the lesser risk to see the grater risk of not being vaccinated .... to deliberately  make a point of advising vaccination for the population.

Not many in that "close" situation can still be that objective about the greater good .. " it was a no brainer — take the first one,"

Kudos on him.
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

cc

Quote from: "iron horse jockey" post_id=409206 time=1619298049 user_id=2015
I'm glad I got the Astrazeneca vaccine.

And rightfully so .. I"m happy for you

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=409207 time=1619299312 user_id=88
Quote from: "iron horse jockey" post_id=409206 time=1619298049 user_id=2015
I'm glad I got the Astrazeneca vaccine.

And rightfully so .. I"m happy for you

I can't wait to get the second jab.

Anonymous

Canada's freezers full of unused Astrazeneca vaccines are no more. Lowering the age of eligibility emptied those freezers quickly.

Anonymous

Alberta will set up vaccination centres on site at our large meat packing plants.

Anonymous

My husband got his first dose of AZ yesterday.....he's fine Dinky..

I'm getting mine on Thursday.

cc

Good stuff gal!!!

Happy for you

Shaping up to be a good week, my best fiend got hers yesterday in Victoria

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=409412 time=1619540805 user_id=88
Good stuff gal!!!

Happy for you

Shaping up to be a good week, my best fiend got hers yesterday in Victoria

Did she get AZ cc?

cc

It finally got down to her age to get Pfizer the way the system works here .. Several of her friends got AZ at pharmacies as have some of my friends

They are all good.

Some may be a bit better at completely preventing infection, but main thing is that symptoms are less severe and very rarely dangerous  if one does get hit

AZ is especially good and proven to be good at reducing severity

I suspect AZ is better than trial showed .. UK "case" numbers are only 1/4 of Canada & many times lower than any other place ( and UK is not completely vaccinated yet) .. thus it must be better than advertised for complete prevention

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=409416 time=1619541853 user_id=88
It finally got down to her age to get Pfizer the way the system works here .. Several of her friends got AZ at pharmacies as have some of my friends

They are all good.

Some may be a bit better at completely preventing infection, but main thing is that symptoms are less severe and very rarely dangerous  if one does get hit

I suspect AZ is better than trial shoed .. UK "case" numbers are only 1/3 of Canada & many times lower than any other place ( and UK is not completely vaccinated yet)

I'm 43, my husband is 45.....it was music to our ears when they lowered the age eligibility for AZ..

I didn't want to say anything until we were actually scheduled for our doses.

Anonymous

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=409410 time=1619540498 user_id=3254
My husband got his first dose of AZ yesterday.....he's fine Dinky..

I'm getting mine on Thursday.

Good for you and your hub. I should find out if I should get the AZ vaccine or not while there is still supply.

Anonymous

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=409417 time=1619542424 user_id=3254
Quote from: cc post_id=409416 time=1619541853 user_id=88

They are all good.

I suspect AZ is better than trial shoed .. UK "case" numbers are only 1/3 of Canada & many times lower than any other place ( and UK is not completely vaccinated yet)

I'm 43, my husband is 45.....it was music to our ears when they lowered the age eligibility for AZ..

I didn't want to say anything until we were actually scheduled for our doses.

They only made it available to you over 40 fossils.

cc

You may not be a fossil yet, but you are working on it every day like it or not

Your time will come  ac_smile

cc

Here's a new  gem of union conspiracy-head brilliance

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-56905752">Miami school bars vaccinated teachers from seeing students

A Miami school has discouraged teachers from getting the Covid vaccine, saying any vaccinated employees will be barred from interacting with students.

Centner Academy leadership cited debunked claims of non-vaccinated people being "negatively impacted" by contact with vaccinated people.  :2r4ml1j_th:

Experts say there is no evidence for such theories. US health officials have said the jabs are safe and effective.

Some 141 million Americans have received the Covid-19 vaccine to date.

"non-vaccinated people being "negatively impacted" by contact with vaccinated people."   :oeudC:

They must be reading Dink's lame efforts