News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10579
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 04:10:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Thiel

COVID-19 >> New Drug Activity & VACCINE TRACKING!!

Started by cc, January 26, 2020, 09:18:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

cc

Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=410749 time=1620842552 user_id=56
I got Moderna by the way.

Aw, not much of that here .. most are Pfizer in Canada  but  Moderna is as good

(just don't get near iron)
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=410752 time=1620843253 user_id=88
Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=410749 time=1620842552 user_id=56
I got Moderna by the way.

Aw, not much of that here .. most are Pfizer in Canada  but  Moderna is as good

(just don't get near iron)

I thought I was going to get Pfizer too. Moderna is good.

Anonymous

I hope Alberta has enough AZ vaccines saved for second doses.

Anonymous

This is good news.

Mixing COVID vaccines is safe, despite more mild-moderate symptoms, study suggests

The mix-and-match trial led by University of Oxford researchers is being watched by health authorities the world over, including Canada

People who receive one dose each of AstraZeneca and Pfizer COVID-19 vaccines are more likely to feel a bit unwell for a day or so than if they had both doses from the same vaccine, according to early results from a much-anticipated trial.

But any side effects were short-lived and there were no other safety concerns.

At a minimum, the preliminary data suggest mixing AstraZeneca and Pfizer-BioNTech appears safe, even though people are more likely to experience chills, fatigue, headache, feverishness, joint pain, malaise and muscle aches than the "non-mixed" group.

The mix-and-match trial led by University of Oxford researchers is being watched by health authorities the world over, including Canada. The results, already shared with Canada's expert panel of vaccine advisers, could make vaccination campaigns more nimble and ease nerves rattled over the risk of remote but serious blood clots linked to AstraZeneca.

Several provinces are now mulling using Pfizer or Moderna as a second dose for those who received AstraZeneca for their first.

However, the researchers said they did not see a clear signal of an increased risk of vaccine-induced thrombotic thrombocytopenia (VITT) on a second dose of AstraZeneca. That would seem to support sticking with AZ for the second dose.

"But of course it's up to every country and their own experience as to what they think will be the best use of these vaccines," said chief investigator Dr. Matthew Snape, an associate professor in pediatrics and vaccinology at Oxford.

https://nationalpost.com/health/mixing-covid-vaccines-is-safe-despite-more-mild-moderate-symptoms-study-suggests">https://nationalpost.com/health/mixing- ... y-suggests">https://nationalpost.com/health/mixing-covid-vaccines-is-safe-despite-more-mild-moderate-symptoms-study-suggests

cc

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=410765 time=1620857960 user_id=3254

As you show above, mixing is not a problem

That said, BC is maintaining enough stock of AZ to cover second shots

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=410775 time=1620861471 user_id=88
Quote from: Fashionista post_id=410765 time=1620857960 user_id=3254

As you show above, mixing is not a problem

That said, BC is maintaining enough stock of AZ to cover second shots

Alberta was one of the first provinces to stop giving first doses of AZ.....I hope we have enough for second doses..

If not, we're mixing.

cc

I would expect it has .. being early to stop its use

Frood

Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=410748 time=1620842080 user_id=56
Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=410695 time=1620790006 user_id=1676
Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=410694 time=1620789689 user_id=56
Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=410691 time=1620785787 user_id=1676
It's the contents you should be wary about...

I'll sit-on the contents face.

You could get butt paralysis or deep cheek thrombosis...

PUSSY!!!

Don't deep fry and eat me, tainted butt...
Blahhhhhh...

Frood

I'm beginning to think the vaxxholes need to be segregated from the healthy, to prevent shedding...

These people have become second rate citizens by their own hands.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Biden continues to wear a mask like it was "a security blanket" while his administration has done a "terrible job" of promoting the COVID-19 vaccine.

Anonymous

Alberta might be reducing the 16 week wait period between shots for Pfizer and Moderna.

cc

Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=411101 time=1621098410 user_id=56
Alberta might be reducing the 16 week wait period between shots for Pfizer and Moderna.

I suspect it will happen here and other provinces also .. although not spoken directly yet

https://www.theepochtimes.com/breakthrough-covid-19-infections-rare-usually-result-in-asymptomatic-or-mild-disease-walensky_3815476.html">Breakthrough COVID-19 Infections Rare, Usually Result in Asymptomatic or Mild Disease & Low to No Transmission

Dr. Rochelle Walensky, director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, testifies during a U.S. Senate Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions Committee hearing to examine the COVID-19 response, focusing on an update from federal officials, on Capitol Hill in Washington on March 18, 2021. (Susan Walsh/Pool via Reuters)

"People who are fully vaccinated against the virus that causes COVID-19 rarely contract the illness and when they do, it's typically a no or low-symptom case", the director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says.

"For those breakthrough infections that can you know rarely occur, for the most part they are resulting in asymptomatic or very mild disease," Dr. Rochelle Walensky, the CDC's director, said on MSNBC's "The Rachel Maddow Show."

"What we're seeing about those infections is that they tend to have a lower amount of virus, they tend to be asymptomatic, they tend to be mild. And we believe that that lower amount of virus really means that they can't give it to anybody else," Walensky added on CBS' "This Morning" on Friday.

Newly published studies show that people who are fully vaccinated can feel comfortable removing their masks, Walensky emphasized.

[It's good that it's been out there long enough to derive some evidence-based knowledge. We will get more of it as more time goes by ]

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=411117 time=1621112065 user_id=88
Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=411101 time=1621098410 user_id=56

I suspect it will happen here and other provinces also .. although not spoken directly yet

https://server1.kproxy.com/servlet/redirect.srv/sruj/sboxugvregwxbo/stuv/p2/breakthrough-covid-19-infections-rare-usually-result-in-asymptomatic-or-mild-disease-walensky_3815476.html">Breakthrough COVID-19 Infections Rare, Usually Result in Asymptomatic or Mild Disease & Low to No Transmission

Dr. Rochelle Walensky, director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, testifies during a U.S. Senate Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions Committee hearing to examine the COVID-19 response, focusing on an update from federal officials, on Capitol Hill in Washington on March 18, 2021. (Susan Walsh/Pool via Reuters)

"People who are fully vaccinated against the virus that causes COVID-19 rarely contract the illness and when they do, it's typically a no or low-symptom case", the director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says.

"For those breakthrough infections that can you know rarely occur, for the most part they are resulting in asymptomatic or very mild disease," Dr. Rochelle Walensky, the CDC's director, said on MSNBC's "The Rachel Maddow Show."

"What we're seeing about those infections is that they tend to have a lower amount of virus, they tend to be asymptomatic, they tend to be mild. And we believe that that lower amount of virus really means that they can't give it to anybody else," Walensky added on CBS' "This Morning" on Friday.

Newly published studies show that people who are fully vaccinated can feel comfortable removing their masks, Walensky emphasized.

[It's good that it's been out there long enough to derive some evidence-based knowledge. We will get more of it as more time goes by ]

This bothers some people.

Anonymous

Sanofi's COVID-19 vaccine sees up to 100% efficacy in latest trial

An experimental COVID-19 vaccine developed by Sanofi and GlaxoSmithKline showed a robust immune response in early-stage clinical trial results, enabling them to move to a late-stage study, the French drugmaker said on Monday.

Sanofi and Britain's GSK said a global Phase III trial would start in the coming weeks and involve more than 35,000 adults, with the hope of seeing the vaccine approved by the fourth quarter after having initially targeted the first half of this year before a setback.

https://globalnews.ca/news/7867858/covid-vaccine-sanofi-glaxosmithkline/">https://globalnews.ca/news/7867858/covi ... mithkline/">https://globalnews.ca/news/7867858/covid-vaccine-sanofi-glaxosmithkline/