News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10554
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 11:33:35 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Aylana

COVID-19 >> New Drug Activity & VACCINE TRACKING!!

Started by cc, January 26, 2020, 09:18:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Frood

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza"1,000 in Spain forced to remain in their hotel rooms after one guest tests positive:

https://www.rt.com/news/481633-tenerife-resort-lockdown-coronavirus/">https://www.rt.com/news/481633-tenerife ... ronavirus/">https://www.rt.com/news/481633-tenerife-resort-lockdown-coronavirus/

Update: 4 now infected...
Blahhhhhh...

Blazor

Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"
Quote from: "seoulbro"
Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"My militant vegan relative thinks that coronavirus is a punishment to us humans who eat meat because coronavirus is an anagram of "carnivorous."

lol, I haven't talked to one of them yet.

He is serious. He says all humans eating meat are society's cancer. He advocates for no cruelty to animals and for humans to go plant-based. He insists that animals have feelings too. He said when we eat veal, that was the baby of a cow who has been crying for her baby calf. Sheesh.

You should tell him, that plants have feelings too. When grass gets mowed, that smell you smell, is the grass releasing a distress signal. Plants also respond to music.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Blazor

Quote from: "caskur"Humans are disgustingly cruel to animals. It is sickening and wrong.

Animals should be killed QUICKLY or not at all.

People I know who were militant vegans also developed cancer and I don't think veganism is healthy at all. I only know one Seven Day Adventist woman who looked 55 at the age of 75, She was PERFECT to look at. I don't know if the cancer and veganism are related but I'm suspicious they are.

I dont doubt it on the cancer. Since Monsanto has taken over the plant market pretty much, splicing in pesticides that cant be washed off.

Blazor

Well, 2 cases in Virginia so far.

Frood

Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blazor"
Quote from: "caskur"Humans are disgustingly cruel to animals. It is sickening and wrong.

People I know who were militant vegans also developed cancer and I don't think veganism is healthy at all. I only know one Seven Day Adventist woman who looked 55 at the age of 75, She was PERFECT to look at. I don't know if the cancer and veganism are related but I'm suspicious they are.

I dont doubt it on the cancer. Since Monsanto has taken over the plant market pretty much, splicing in pesticides that cant be washed off.

I don't understand why Monsanto is a pop culture bogeyman..

Probably the bungled launch of GMO seeds in Europe in the late '90s that progressed into a vicious war of disinformation that shows little sign of abating..

But, Monsanto's innovations have helped the world..

Monsanto has been key to the development of golden rice, a genetically modified strain which provides a significant amount of Vitamin A per serving. Vitamin A deficiency plagues many parts of the developing world, resulting in as many as one million deaths and 500,000 cases of irreversible blindness annually..

If widely planted, golden rice could very well abate this tragedy.

Blazor

Quote from: "Fashionista"

Probably the bungled launch of GMO seeds in Europe in the late '90s that progressed into a vicious war of disinformation that shows little sign of abating..

Monsanto has been key to the development of golden rice, a genetically modified strain which provides a significant amount of Vitamin A per serving. Vitamin A deficiency plagues many parts of the developing world, resulting in as many as one million deaths and 500,000 cases of irreversible blindness annually..

https://ahotcupofjoe.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/GMO-Organic-300x294.jpg">

Anonymous

Blazor, that meme is meaningless. The truth is that some global leftists don't want a growing global population having enough food. Monsanto means greater food yield on less arable land. Food equals prosperity and it is harder to control a prosperous people.

I don't like all of Monsanto's innovations. But, they are at least partly responsible for reducing absolute poverty worldwide.

Blazor

Quote from: "seoulbro"Blazor, that meme is meaningless. The truth is that some global leftists don't want a growing global population having enough food. Monsanto means greater food yield on less arable land. Food equals prosperity and it is harder to control a prosperous people.

I don't like all of Monsanto's innovations. But, they are at least partly responsible for reducing absolute poverty worldwide.

Meaningless? The squirrels know better!

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/proxy/99HmdLHhfDcVhx2e8a72EpwsK9Gcr1tFHcfcxVaxDXi6VZOSOJ4ssYjUlkFXsHeG63aQFYkx">

Frood

Quote from: "Fashionista"

I've seen a whole herd of dead cows in a fenced in portion of Monsanto leased land...
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "seoulbro"Blazor, that meme is meaningless. The truth is that some global leftists don't want a growing global population having enough food. Monsanto means greater food yield on less arable land. Food equals prosperity and it is harder to control a prosperous people.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/proxy/99HmdLHhfDcVhx2e8a72EpwsK9Gcr1tFHcfcxVaxDXi6VZOSOJ4ssYjUlkFXsHeG63aQFYkx">

Seamoron gets his "news" from memes. Careful with that.

But, it aint in a company's interests to kill their customers. They want repeat business.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Herman"

Seamoron gets his "news" from memes. Careful with that.

But, it aint in a company's interests to kill their customers. They want repeat business.

I don't have an opinion on Monsanto. Progs hate it, so it can't be all bad.

Anonymous

China's experience suggests that, of the cases that are detected, roughly 80% will be mild, 15% will need treatment in hospital and 5% will require intensive care. Experts say that the virus may be five to ten times as lethal as seasonal flu, which, with a fatality rate of 0.1%, kills 60,000 Americans in a bad year. Across the world, the death toll could be in the millions.

Gaon

Globally, stock markets are crashing and coronavirus isn't a pandemic yet. I am getting very nervous.
The Russian Rock It

Anonymous

Quote from: "Gaon"Globally, stock markets are crashing and coronavirus isn't a pandemic yet. I am getting very nervous.

Jesus H, the Dow alone has gone from almost 30,000 to what 25, 800 in a week.