News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10564
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 06:39:34 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Frood

COVID-19 >> New Drug Activity & VACCINE TRACKING!!

Started by cc, January 26, 2020, 09:18:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 10 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Political leaders in California and New York City on Monday ordered government workers to get vaccinated against COVID-19 or face regular tests..

New York City will require its more than 300,000 employees to get vaccinated by Sept. 13 or get tested weekly, Mayor Bill de Blasio said.

cc

Canada now has enough vaccine in the country to vaccinate all above 12 years of age

We know some won't take it, so best they decide if it's good to vaccinate kids or they might start give seniors a third shot - that is being talked about although I'd rather see them get "updated" material
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

cc

[Like as though we haven't been restricted from border for long enough]

https://eh9ti3qk8yf3m8xqr5gt2fp4-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/25962025_web1_20210726160712-60ff176625ba0b5b2249020ejpeg-640x427.jpg">

https://www.abbynews.com/news/canadian-border-workers-could-be-on-strike-as-early-as-next-week/">

Canadian border workers could be on strike as early as next week

Union says workers could be taking action just days prior to U.S. border restrictions being relaxed

Canadians could be facing mail disruptions and slowdowns at the border with the United States next month after members of a union representing about 9,000 Canadian Border Service Agency employees voted in favour of striking, jeopardizing the federal government's reopening plans.

The Public Service Alliance of Canada and its Customs and Immigration Union announced Tuesday its members may strike as soon asAug. 6, three days before fully vaccinated U.S. citizens will be able to visit Canada without having to quarantine for two weeks.

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=416830 time=1627431145 user_id=88
[Like as though we haven't been restricted from border for long enough]

https://eh9ti3qk8yf3m8xqr5gt2fp4-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/25962025_web1_20210726160712-60ff176625ba0b5b2249020ejpeg-640x427.jpg">

https://www.abbynews.com/news/canadian-border-workers-could-be-on-strike-as-early-as-next-week/">

Canadian border workers could be on strike as early as next week

Union says workers could be taking action just days prior to U.S. border restrictions being relaxed

Canadians could be facing mail disruptions and slowdowns at the border with the United States next month after members of a union representing about 9,000 Canadian Border Service Agency employees voted in favour of striking, jeopardizing the federal government's reopening plans.

The Public Service Alliance of Canada and its Customs and Immigration Union announced Tuesday its members may strike as soon asAug. 6, three days before fully vaccinated U.S. citizens will be able to visit Canada without having to quarantine for two weeks.

Oh for Christ sakes.

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=416828 time=1627429309 user_id=88
Canada now has enough vaccine in the country to vaccinate all above 12 years of age

We know some won't take it, so best they decide if it's good to vaccinate kids or they might start give seniors a third shot - that is being talked about although I'd rather see them get "updated" material

Is there any evidence seniors a third dose would help seniors?

cc

Quote from: Herman post_id=416833 time=1627455895 user_id=1689
Quote from: cc post_id=416828 time=1627429309 user_id=88

Is there any evidence seniors a third dose would help seniors?

There is evidence that in general seniors do not manufacture the quantity of antibodies that younger people do ... and perhaps more important, they were done long before others .. some evidence of waning over time .. many in care homes were done as early as January

Again, I would hope they wait till the manufacturers' current work on  variant-resistant ones the manufacturers are working on now would be used for the next round

cc

https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/israeli-health-ministry-panel-recommends-third-covid-shot-for-older-people-1.10049085">Israeli Health Ministry Panel Recommends Third COVID Shot for Older People

Most experts on the committee argue for a COVID booster shot for Israelis 60 and above as the delta variant spreads

Experts advising the Health Ministry have recommended that older people receive a third dose of the coronavirus vaccine, though they disagree on whether the cohort should start at 60 years old, 65 or 70.

Some of the data presented at a discussion Wednesday suggested that the vaccine's effectiveness in preventing severe symptoms among 60-year-olds and above has dropped to 81 percent from 97 percent in January.

While most panel members favored a booster shot for anyone 60 or older, others suggested that the bar be raised to 65 or 70. The Health Ministry's director general, Nachman Ash, will make the final decision.

On Tuesday, Prime Minister Naftali Bennett declared that Israel was "very close" to making a decision on COVID booster shots, and on obtaining the additional doses needed to make that happen.

Bennett's remarks came two weeks after the World Health Organization and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control said there was no need at this time for a third dose, but as Israeli Health Ministry data showed a sharp decline in the vaccine's effectiveness against infection and a slight decline in preventing severe illness

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=416918 time=1627535840 user_id=88
https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/israeli-health-ministry-panel-recommends-third-covid-shot-for-older-people-1.10049085">Israeli Health Ministry Panel Recommends Third COVID Shot for Older People

Most experts on the committee argue for a COVID booster shot for Israelis 60 and above as the delta variant spreads

Experts advising the Health Ministry have recommended that older people receive a third dose of the coronavirus vaccine, though they disagree on whether the cohort should start at 60 years old, 65 or 70.

Some of the data presented at a discussion Wednesday suggested that the vaccine's effectiveness in preventing severe symptoms among 60-year-olds and above has dropped to 81 percent from 97 percent in January.

While most panel members favored a booster shot for anyone 60 or older, others suggested that the bar be raised to 65 or 70. The Health Ministry's director general, Nachman Ash, will make the final decision.

On Tuesday, Prime Minister Naftali Bennett declared that Israel was "very close" to making a decision on COVID booster shots, and on obtaining the additional doses needed to make that happen.

Bennett's remarks came two weeks after the World Health Organization and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control said there was no need at this time for a third dose, but as Israeli Health Ministry data showed a sharp decline in the vaccine's effectiveness against infection and a slight decline in preventing severe illness

But, the British study you posted had different results.

Anonymous

Jesus H, the US reported 84,528 cases yesterday.

cc

^^^ Yes. US has been climbing for some time now - We are starting to see a climb again this week - products of opening up

Gotta be careful with US stats - They change any given day over a period of several days  - my take, they fall behind on weekends (weekend numbers always lower)  and cram the missed ones into the rest of the week - still, it is rising steadily overall and for quite a while now

https://www.theepochtimes.com/mkt_morningbrief/pfizer-covid-19-vaccine-effectiveness-drops-to-84-percent-after-six-months-study_3922770.html?utm_source=Morningbrief&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=mb-2021-07-29&mktids=154a8c8e82ab2f37830f986d0d3a7522&est=DRC8ii7tipFoayR3l58TtHDDU3SlseINd6WLYef4peZiYNk6k93PzEJflw%3D%3D">Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine Effectiveness Drops to 84 Percent After Six Months: Study

The effectiveness of Pfizer's COVID-19 vaccine in preventing symptomatic infection drops by more than 10 percent after six months, the company said on July 28.

The two-dose vaccine, developed in conjunction with Germany's BioNTech, was found to be 96 percent effective for the first two months following the second dose, according to a study from the companies' scientists.

However, the efficacy drops in the following months, declining to 83.7 percent after four to six months.

Effectiveness in preventing severe disease remained at about 97 percent for up to six months, the end time of the published data, which comes from an ongoing study of 42,000 volunteers across six countries who each received two doses three weeks apart.

The study is preprint, meaning it hasn't been peer-reviewed.

"The third dose elevates the neutralizing antibodies in our laboratory studies to up to 100 times higher levels [after the third dose] compared to [before]," Mikael Dolsten, Pfizer's chief scientific officer, told investors on the call.

New York-based Pfizer plans to submit an application to U.S. regulators for emergency use authorization for a booster dose as early as August.

[So, in short, infection protection decreases - severity of illness protection remains at 97% which is good news]

cc

UK seems to be slowing down this week (already 129,000 less than previous week & week isn't over)

It's death rate / case is incredibly low since the opening up and cases increasing rapidly - AZ is known to be good vs. symptoms and UK stats are proving that every day

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=416952 time=1627577076 user_id=88
^^^ Yes. US has been climbing for some time now - We are starting to see a climb again this week - products of opening up

Gotta be careful with US stats - They change any given day over a period of several days  - my take, they fall behind on weekends (weekend numbers always lower)  and cram the missed ones into the rest of the week - still, it is rising steadily overall and for quite a while now

Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine Effectiveness Drops to 84 Percent After Six Months]

The effectiveness of Pfizer's COVID-19 vaccine in preventing symptomatic infection drops by more than 10 percent after six months, the company said on July 28.

The two-dose vaccine, developed in conjunction with Germany's BioNTech, was found to be 96 percent effective for the first two months following the second dose, according to a study from the companies' scientists.

However, the efficacy drops in the following months, declining to 83.7 percent after four to six months.

Effectiveness in preventing severe disease remained at about 97 percent for up to six months, the end time of the published data, which comes from an ongoing study of 42,000 volunteers across six countries who each received two doses three weeks apart.

The study is preprint, meaning it hasn't been peer-reviewed.

"The third dose elevates the neutralizing antibodies in our laboratory studies to up to 100 times higher levels [after the third dose] compared to [before]," Mikael Dolsten, Pfizer's chief scientific officer, told investors on the call.

New York-based Pfizer plans to submit an application to U.S. regulators for emergency use authorization for a booster dose as early as August.

[So, in short, infection protection decreases - severity of illness protection remains at 97% which is good news]

A third dose for Canadians seems likely.

cc

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=416954 time=1627581730 user_id=3254
A third dose for Canadians seems likely.

Yes. Hopefully one tweaked for variants - All producers are working on that

I assume they would start in the same order of priority

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=416953 time=1627579537 user_id=88
UK seems to be slowing down this week (already 129,000 less than previous week & week isn't over)

It's death rate / case is incredibly low since the opening up and cases increasing rapidly - AZ is known to be good vs. symptoms and UK stats are proving that every day

A significant percentage of positive tests are from those that have received two doses of AZ?

cc

Quote from: seoulbro post_id=416963 time=1627586438 user_id=114
Quote from: cc post_id=416953 time=1627579537 user_id=88

A significant percentage of positive tests are from those that have received two doses of AZ?

I posted the exact numbers of resistance / effectiveness from a UK study. I'll see if I can find it and point you to it

Resistance to infection against Delta fell some but as to serious affects, it stands up really well

A portion of course are from those using AZ but far from a majority .. but I don't have a number or % of current at hand