News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10554
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 11:33:35 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Aylana

COVID-19 >> New Drug Activity & VACCINE TRACKING!!

Started by cc, January 26, 2020, 09:18:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=417919 time=1628893111 user_id=56
I'm soooooo fucking glad I got Moderna instead of Pfizer.

I wouldn't be feeling smug just yet..

There's a lot we don't know for certain yet about vaccines and the Delta variant.

cc

We are up to 717 today (no deaths)

Encouraging vaccine-wise is that after more ongoing study, they are still saying "95 per cent of recent new infections are among unvaccinated people"

That's still consistent with original test data
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=417923 time=1628896334 user_id=88
We are up to 717 today

Encouraging vaccine-wise is that after more ongoing study, they are still saying "95 per cent of recent new infections are among unvaccinated people"

It's likely a little lower than that here based on what Dr Deena Hinshaw tweeted.

There are currently 146 people in hospital in Alberta due to COVID-19..

Of the 110 non-ICU, 77.3% are unvaccinated & 9.1% partially vaccinated..

Of the 36 in ICU, 90.6% are unvaccinated & 5.6% partially vaccinated.

cc

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=417925 time=1628896740 user_id=88
That's good for "partially vaccinated"

The partially vaccinated population is dropping as most people get the second dose.

Anonymous

Alberta and BC have more cases each right now than Quebec and Ontario. Saskatchewan is about the same on a per person basis.

cc

Quote from: Herman post_id=417929 time=1628921382 user_id=1689

Alberta and BC have more cases each right now than Quebec and Ontario. Saskatchewan is about the same on a per person basis.

Very true. While  East has increased, the largest  increase is in the West

In fact we were over 700 yesterday. Alta near 600 .... Much larger Ontario is  in the 500s yesterday & today  .. although also on a definite steady rise

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=417942 time=1628956081 user_id=88

In fact we were over 700 yesterday. Alta near 600 .... Much larger Ontario is  in the 500s yesterday & today  .. although also on a definite steady rise

And the West ended lockdowns first.

cc

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=417943 time=1628959926 user_id=3254

Exactly ... and it's sure showing in the comparative new cases ... new cases that are really rising rapidly almost everywhere

US continues up rapidly - now at almost 900,000 for last week (155,000 yesterday alone)

Anonymous

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=417943 time=1628959926 user_id=3254
Quote from: cc post_id=417942 time=1628956081 user_id=88

Give us a two or three weeks and we will have more daily infections than any other province.

cc

https://markets.businessinsider.com/news/stocks/government-of-canada-negotiates-additional-agreement-with-moderna-for-vaccine-supply-beyond-2021-1030730381?op=1">Government of Canada negotiates additional agreement with Moderna for vaccine supply beyond 2021 - To 2014

Today, tMinister of Public Services and Procurement announced that Canada has entered into an agreement with Moderna for additional supply of its COVID-19 vaccine for 2022 and 2023, with an option to extend into 2024.

The agreement guarantees access to 40 million doses, with access to up to 65 million more if all options are exercised. The agreement will allow access to new COVID-19 vaccine adaptations based on the evolution of the epidemiological situation in Canada.

[That's good so long as delivery timeline works out to be good. And, in a cpl years it will be made here

Sounds like Canada is going all-in on Moderna for the future  

"vaccine adaptations" .. based on the evolution of the epidemiological situation in Canada ... I do like the ring to that  ac_smile
]

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=417973 time=1628981614 user_id=88
Government of Canada negotiates additional agreement with Moderna for vaccine supply beyond 2021 - To 2014

Today, tMinister of Public Services and Procurement announced that Canada has entered into an agreement with Moderna for additional supply of its COVID-19 vaccine for 2022 and 2023, with an option to extend into 2024.

The agreement guarantees access to 40 million doses, with access to up to 65 million more if all options are exercised. The agreement will allow access to new COVID-19 vaccine adaptations based on the evolution of the epidemiological situation in Canada.

[That's good so long as delivery timeline works out to be good. And, in a cpl years it will be made here

Sounds like Canada is going all-in on Moderna for the future  

"vaccine adaptations" .. based on the evolution of the epidemiological situation in Canada ... I do like the ring to that  ac_smile
]

There will be people in Canada who will have three doses of three different vaccines.

cc

https://www.foxnews.com/health/us-to-recommend-covid-vaccine-booster-jab-for-all-americans-reports">Health officials in the U.S. are coalescing behind a COVID-19 booster shot for all Americans  eight months after they've received the second shot, a source familiar with the discussions confirmed to Fox News.

News outlets including the Associated Press and Reuters first reported on the planned booster recommendation. The third dose would only be administered after the Food and Drug Administration formally approves the vaccines, the source said. Current planning is to begin administering the booster shots as soon as mid to late September.

The FDA and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention did not immediately respond to an after-hours email from Fox News. The FDA has already expanded the emergency use authorization of Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna's COVID-19 vaccines to authorize a booster shot for certain immunocompromised patients.

Pfizer and BioNTech said Monday that a third dose is safe and elicits an antibody response at levels that "significantly exceed" those seen in individuals who receive two doses of the jab.

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=418241 time=1629212753 user_id=88
Health officials in the U.S. are coalescing behind a COVID-19 booster shot for all Americans  eight months after they've received the second shot, a source familiar with the discussions confirmed to Fox News.

News outlets including the Associated Press and Reuters first reported on the planned booster recommendation. The third dose would only be administered after the Food and Drug Administration formally approves the vaccines, the source said. Current planning is to begin administering the booster shots as soon as mid to late September.

The FDA and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention did not immediately respond to an after-hours email from Fox News. The FDA has already expanded the emergency use authorization of Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna's COVID-19 vaccines to authorize a booster shot for certain immunocompromised patients.

Pfizer and BioNTech said Monday that a third dose is safe and elicits an antibody response at levels that "significantly exceed" those seen in individuals who receive two doses of the jab.

I wonder if this applies to all vaccines or just the mRNA vaccines.

cc

I have heard no specifics yet. The idea  of booster is new and evolving rapidly now ... is becoming the new phase in controlling covid

I'm sure details of all aspects will emerge quickly now