News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10554
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 11:33:35 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Aylana

COVID-19 >> New Drug Activity & VACCINE TRACKING!!

Started by cc, January 26, 2020, 09:18:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 5 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=418254 time=1629216821 user_id=88
I have heard no specifics yet. The idea  of booster is new and evolving rapidly now ... is becoming the new phase in controlling covid

We're getting more information about it everyday it seems..

I hope we'll know soon.

cc

Boosters will no doubt go in same order as original order ... those with poor immunities, elders, care homes up first

I'm confirmations & expecting timeline fairly soon
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

A doctor says people that catch the virus and recover have better immunity than folks who are vaccinated.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/neurologist-unvaccinated-previously-infected-less-likely-to-spread-covid?utm_source=theblaze-dailyPM&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Daily-Newsletter__PM%202021-08-17&utm_term=ACTIVE%20LIST%20-%20TheBlaze%20Daily%20PM">https://www.theblaze.com/news/neurologi ... Daily%20PM">https://www.theblaze.com/news/neurologist-unvaccinated-previously-infected-less-likely-to-spread-covid?utm_source=theblaze-dailyPM&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Daily-Newsletter__PM%202021-08-17&utm_term=ACTIVE%20LIST%20-%20TheBlaze%20Daily%20PM

People who have had COVID-19 and recovered should not be required to get the vaccine, because they are less likely to spread the virus than vaccinated people who have never been infected.

Anonymous

Saskatchewan is letting people who received a combination of AstraZeneca, Pfizer or Moderna can receive a third dose of vaccine to match their last vaccine brand, as long as their last vaccination was Pfizer or Moderna.

cc

Quote from: Herman post_id=418306 time=1629245070 user_id=1689
Saskatchewan is letting people who received a combination of AstraZeneca, Pfizer or Moderna can receive a third dose of vaccine to match their last vaccine brand, as long as their last vaccination was Pfizer or Moderna.

Figured it would start to happen.

BTW, reason AZ is not committed is that they are awaiting tests as to how booster works .. They have test data on the other 2

My guess would be that it will be OK soon, although most would prefer an RNA one

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=418309 time=1629246018 user_id=88
Quote from: Herman post_id=418306 time=1629245070 user_id=1689

Figured it would start to happen.

BTW, reason AZ is not committed is that they are awaiting tests as to how booster works .. They have test data on the other 2

My guess would be that it will be OK soon, although most would prefer an RNA one

Ah, I see cc.

cc

Speaking only for me, I expect to hear in the nest week or so commitments for boosters from all provinces

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=418314 time=1629246769 user_id=88
Speaking only for me, I expect to hear in the nest week or so commitments for boosters from all provinces

I'm anxious to know where we stand.

cc

Official US a game plan  180 from last week's statements

"Boosters will start in September" .. They will target 8 approx months after last shot

Elderly & immunity compromised first  .. definitely after over 50 a priority

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=418364 time=1629306964 user_id=88
Official US a game plan  180 from last week's statements

"Boosters will start in September" .. They will target 8 approx months after last shot

ac_wot

cc

They are using mainly Israeli data as "gold standard" for decisions

Apparently the above is now official, not just blabber

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=418368 time=1629311124 user_id=88
They are using mainly Israeli data as "gold standard" for decisions

Apparently the above is now official, not just blabber

I was hoping I would get a booster before our European trip this winter.

:sad:

cc

The above is US. I expect Canada to put forward their game plan any day now

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=418374 time=1629312013 user_id=88
The above is US. I expect Canada to put forward their game plan any day now

I know, but we''ll probably do the same.

Anonymous

Dr. Rochelle Walensky, the head of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), said that data sourced from Israel on COVID-19 vaccines show that the efficacy of the shots has dropped among individuals who received their vaccines early on.

Citing three studies that were released by the CDC's Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report, Walensky said on Aug. 18 that the vaccines' efficacy decreases over time in preventing infection. Although protection against death and hospitalization is "holding up well," the COVID-19 vaccines' effectiveness is "waning" in even preventing severe illness or death, she said.

"Even though our vaccines are currently working well to prevent hospitalizations, we are seeing concerning evidence of waning vaccine effectiveness over time and against the Delta variant," Walensky said.