News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10566
Total votes: : 4

Last post: October 06, 2024, 10:32:53 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Shen Li

COVID-19 >> New Drug Activity & VACCINE TRACKING!!

Started by cc, January 26, 2020, 09:18:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 9 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

cc

On Friday, Pfizer announced that its experimental antiviral medication to treat early COVID-19 looks so promising that independent experts recommended stopping clinical trials. Pfizer will soon apply to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for approval.

The news comes just a day after the U.K. became the first country to authorize another COVID-19 antiviral pill, manufactured by Merck.

Experts emphasize that vaccination is still the primary and most effective defence against COVID, but welcome the possibility of an oral medication to save lives and prevent hospitalization among people who become infected. Here's what we know about COVID-19 antivirals so far.

It is proving to cut rates of hospitalization by 90 %  ... . yes, that's 90 % + that's  in "high risk" people

Results are so good that they stopped trials early  and are applying for approval now
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=426163 time=1636154126 user_id=88
On Friday, Pfizer announced that its experimental antiviral medication to treat early COVID-19 looks so promising that independent experts recommended stopping clinical trials. Pfizer will soon apply to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for approval.

The news comes just a day after the U.K. became the first country to authorize another COVID-19 antiviral pill, manufactured by Merck.

Experts emphasize that vaccination is still the primary and most effective defence against COVID, but welcome the possibility of an oral medication to save lives and prevent hospitalization among people who become infected. Here's what we know about COVID-19 antivirals so far.

It is proving to cut rates of hospitalization by 90 %  ... . yes, that's 90 % + that's  in "high risk" people

Results are so good that they stopped trials early  and are applying for approval now

How does the Pfizer one differ from the the Merck pill?

Anonymous

If we can get this worldwide, the pandemic is over.

cc

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=426187 time=1636160450 user_id=3254

If we can get this worldwide, the pandemic is over.

Pretty much

cc

Quote from: Herman post_id=426169 time=1636157519 user_id=1689

Technically, I have no idea. Efficiency-wise, it's dynamite for covid symptoms

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=426198 time=1636165161 user_id=88

The Pfizer treatment seems even better than the Merck one.

cc

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=426203 time=1636165576 user_id=3254

Yes .. Very much so in fact .. 90% less deaths vs as I recall around 50

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=426211 time=1636170146 user_id=88
Quote from: Fashionista post_id=426203 time=1636165576 user_id=3254

Yes .. Very much so in fact .. 90% less deaths vs as I recall around 50

I hope it's approved in Canada and the USA soon.

cc

This weeks Death / Case Rates (Using Totals supplied by each place for the past 10 weeks

% of Deaths / Case - Or, taken as number only, also represents deaths per every 100 cases

U K ...    0.38%

U S ...    1.34%

CA ...    0.92%

BC ...     0.86%

AB ...    0.90%

ON ...    0.96%

FL ... .   2.12%

TX ....   1.70%

IS ... .   0.29%

UK & Israel remain lowest by far

I know Florida has been talking about antibodies, but how many get them has not been talked about - also they show low daily numbers on some days ,, then the total jumps a few hundred every 3 or 4 days and Daily Total is left blank on those day

Anonymous

Israel and the UK are doing so well keeping death rates low.

cc

Israel and the UK are doing exceptionally well at keeping people alive .. as is Singapore

Israel was low from the gitgo - UK was horrible on death rate in the early going (3%+) but have found the magic answer. We need talk with them all and learn from them all

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=426260 time=1636234725 user_id=88
Israel and the UK are doing exceptionally well at keeping people alive .. as is Singapore

Israel was low from the gitgo - UK was horrible on death rate in the early going (3%+) but have found the magic answer. We need talk with them all and learn from them all

Even though our daily case rate has dropped in Alberta, the death rate has risen.

cc

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=426262 time=1636235322 user_id=3254
Quote from: cc post_id=426260 time=1636234725 user_id=88

Even though our daily case rate has dropped in Alberta, the death rate has risen.

True. Much of Canada is seeing a very slow but steady rise in rate (in past 10 weeks rate thus also in from beginning rate starting a cpl of months ago) .. and following a major drop previous to that

cc

I played with BC's weekly figures and figured how to update it to now

These are up to date

Past week, cases per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Oct. 28 to Nov. 3) Total 3,351 Cases

Not vaccinated: 254.8

Partially vaccinated: 62.3

Fully vaccinated: 27.0

Past two weeks, cases hospitalized per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Oct. 21 to Nov. 3)

Not vaccinated: 56.9

Partially vaccinated: 16.0

Fully vaccinated: 2.9

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is older one that I previously posted and I could not get away from

Past week, cases per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Sept. 27-Oct. 3)    - Total 5,167 Cases

Not vaccinated: 297.3

Partially vaccinated: 90.1

Fully vaccinated: 35.1

Past two weeks, cases hospitalized per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Sept. 20 to Oct. 3)

Not vaccinated: 36.7

Partially vaccinated: 12.9

Fully vaccinated: 1.7

Seems similar relative to decreased total cases now at a glance

Now that I have figured how to update site In future I will now be able to do each week instead of replaying the older one

Traditionally, BC and Alta have been quite similar even though total numbers have been different until lately

I think I can do it daily now that I have figured how to update it

And this is all the data direct from BC Health - vs. news sites I was using for BC

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=426264 time=1636236592 user_id=88
I played with BC's weekly figures and figured how to update it to now

These are up to date

Past week, cases per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Oct. 28 to Nov. 3) Total 3,351 Cases

Not vaccinated: 254.8

Partially vaccinated: 62.3

Fully vaccinated: 27.0

Past two weeks, cases hospitalized per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Oct. 21 to Nov. 3)

Not vaccinated: 56.9

Partially vaccinated: 16.0

Fully vaccinated: 2.9

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is older one that I previously posted and I could not get away from

Past week, cases per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Sept. 27-Oct. 3)    - Total 5,167 Cases

Not vaccinated: 297.3

Partially vaccinated: 90.1

Fully vaccinated: 35.1

Past two weeks, cases hospitalized per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Sept. 20 to Oct. 3)

Not vaccinated: 36.7

Partially vaccinated: 12.9

Fully vaccinated: 1.7

Seems similar relative to decreased total cases now at a glance

Now that I have figured how to update site In future I will now be able to do each week instead of replaying the older one

Traditionally, BC and Alta have been quite similar even though total numbers have been different until lately

I think I can do it daily now that I have figured how to update it

And this is all the data direct from BC Health - vs. news sites I was using for BC

Good information cc..

It could fit in Seoul's thread too.