News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10565
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:10:10 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Thiel

COVID-19 >> New Drug Activity & VACCINE TRACKING!!

Started by cc, January 26, 2020, 09:18:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 15 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

A different type of vaccine developed here in Canada.

Canada's first homegrown COVID-19 vaccine shows high efficacy

Trial occurred before omicron variant; Health Canada submission is imminent

Canada's first homegrown COVID-19 vaccine has shown high efficacy against infection during Phase 3 clinical trials, the drugmakers behind the plant-based shot reported Tuesday, fuelling hopes it could soon get a stamp of approval for use.

Medicago, a biopharmaceutical company headquartered in Quebec City, and British-American vaccine giant GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) are now gearing up for their final regulatory submission to Health Canada.

The vaccine's overall efficacy rate against all virus variants studied was 71 per cent, with a higher efficacy rate of 75 per cent against COVID-19 infections of any severity from the dominant delta variant, the companies said in a news release.

If licensed in this country, the shot would be the first COVID-19 vaccine using virus-like particle technology and the first plant-based vaccine ever approved for human use, Brian Ward, medical officer for Medicago, said during a recent interview with CBC News.

The shots use Medicago's plant-derived, virus-like particles — which resemble the coronavirus behind COVID-19 but don't contain its genetic material — and also contain an adjuvant from GSK to help boost the immune response.

In the vaccine's Phase 3 trial, no severe cases of COVID-19 were reported in the vaccinated group, the release notes. No related serious adverse events were reported either, and reactions to the shots were "generally mild to moderate and transient," with symptoms lasting, on average, only one to three days.

Results are promising, immunologist says

National Advisory Committee on Immunization working group member Matthew Miller, an immunologist at McMaster University in Hamilton who is working on developing a different type of vaccine for COVID-19, said the Medicago trial results are promising on both efficacy and safety.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/health/covid-vaccine-canada-medicago-efficacy-1.6275759">https://www.cbc.ca/news/health/covid-va ... -1.6275759">https://www.cbc.ca/news/health/covid-vaccine-canada-medicago-efficacy-1.6275759

cc

^^^ Good spot

Canada is beginning to get back in the virology game (prevention again and mitigation) .. and in big ways

I'd like to know the test size .. especially as they say "In the vaccine's Phase 3 trial, no severe cases of COVID-19 were reported in the vaccinated group,"

I assume it had to be large un order to get approval. I'll look around the net

EDIT - Found some >  https://medicago.com/en/press-release/medicago-and-gsk-announce-positive-phase-3-efficacy-and-safety-results-for-adjuvanted-plant-based-covid-19-vaccine-candidate/">WOW - conducted in over 24,000 subjects, adults 18y and above, across six countries.

And "no severe cases" is unheard of with pervious products - sounds too good to be true, but they would not say it if untrue in a field where "credibility" is every thing - and that's against variants

A good point - As new, testing was against variants including Delta (unlike the originals)

Vaccine efficacy was demonstrated in an environment dominated by SARS-CoV-2 variants, unlike most published Phase 3 efficacy trials for currently licensed COVID-19 vaccines that were conducted when only the ancestral virus was circulating, making direct comparisons impossible.
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

BioNTech and Pfizer said on Wednesday a three-shot course of their COVID-19 vaccine was able to neutralize the new Omicron variant in a laboratory test and they could deliver an Omicron-based vaccine in March 2022 if needed.

In the first official statement from vaccine manufacturers on the likely efficacy of their shot against Omicron, BioNTech and Pfizer said that two vaccine doses resulted in significantly lower neutralizing antibodies but that a third dose of their vaccine increased the neutralizing antibodies by a factor of 25.

Blood obtained from people that had their third booster shot a month ago neutralized the Omicron variant about as effectively as blood after two doses fought off the original virus first identified in China.

https://torontosun.com/news/world/biontech-pfizer-say-vaccine-neutralizes-omicron-with-three-shots">https://torontosun.com/news/world/biont ... hree-shots">https://torontosun.com/news/world/biontech-pfizer-say-vaccine-neutralizes-omicron-with-three-shots

Three doses of the original vaccine and possibly an Omicron vaccine.

Anonymous

We know this is coming. And not just the US, it will be global.

Fauci: Definition of Fully Vaccinated Will Be Changed

The definition of fully vaccinated in the United States will be changed, Dr. Anthony Fauci said Wednesday.

"It's going to be a matter of when, not if," Fauci, the head of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, said during an appearance on CNN.

The term fully vaccinated presently refers to a person who receives two doses of the Pfizer or Moderna COVID-19 vaccines or the single-shot Johnson & Johnson jab.

Fauci previously said the definition could be changed. Dr. Rochelle Walensky, head of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)—which set the definition—has left open the possibility of changing it.

The definition is used by authorities imposing vaccine mandates across the country, including the federal mandates against healthcare workers and government contractors.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/mkt_morningbrief/fauci-when-not-if-definition-of-fully-vaccinated-will-change_4146012.html?utm_source=morningbriefnoe&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=mb-2021-12-09&mktids=1d74b01a65bdf6b768d7855cabbd21fc&est=YBWxIdcXoQiH2xhPOXAcaV9qJsKtaQSXriUNZsv7Uqpa9qshssVZfxk5lSoJbz2NYw%3D%3D">https://www.theepochtimes.com/mkt_morni ... 2NYw%3D%3D">https://www.theepochtimes.com/mkt_morningbrief/fauci-when-not-if-definition-of-fully-vaccinated-will-change_4146012.html?utm_source=morningbriefnoe&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=mb-2021-12-09&mktids=1d74b01a65bdf6b768d7855cabbd21fc&est=YBWxIdcXoQiH2xhPOXAcaV9qJsKtaQSXriUNZsv7Uqpa9qshssVZfxk5lSoJbz2NYw%3D%3D

cc

With the need for updates of course the requirements will change over time

That's not because dipsht Fauci (he's only US anyhow) says so, it's because the virus vs. vaccine duration  says so

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=429974 time=1639069198 user_id=88

That's not because dipsht Fauci (he's only US anyhow) says so, it's because the virus vs. vaccine duration  says so

I didn't expect the two doses would be it when the virus is always mutating..

It doesn't worth that way for seasonal flu vaccination and won't work that way for COVID variants.

cc

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=429976 time=1639069683 user_id=3254
Quote from: cc post_id=429974 time=1639069198 user_id=88

I didn't expect the two doses would be it when the virus is always mutating..

It doesn't worth that way for seasonal flu vaccination and won't work that way for COVID variants.

Agreed. Variants just like Flu + concentration within the body just wearing down over time

Anonymous

The Alberta government is now advising that anyone between the ages of 12 and 29 receive the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine rather than Moderna..

The province said Nov. 23 it is now recommending an eight-week interval between mRNA vaccines.

Anonymous

There are 110 coases of omicron across 29 states in the US. Officials disclosed the vaccination status of 66 of the infected individuals. Of those, the vast majority, or 52, were fully vaccinated. Some had even gotten booster shots.

cc

hmmmmmmmmmm

I'll wait till we get real and supported info on this one

The propaganda on it is vast. Anitvaxxers have glommed onto it and there is crazy stuff out there

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=430334 time=1639334739 user_id=88
I'll wait till we get real and supported info on this one

The propaganda on it is vast. Anitvaxxers have glommed onto it and there is crazy stuff out there

Fair enough. I got that from The Epoch Times which is hardly impartial about vaccines.

cc

Anitvaxx, now an industry in itself, has glommed onto XI and there is crazy stuff out there

Somehow they figure supposed info on it is the key to their success  :confused1:

Anonymous

Quote from: seoulbro post_id=430332 time=1639333717 user_id=114
There are 110 coases of omicron across 29 states in the US. Officials disclosed the vaccination status of 66 of the infected individuals. Of those, the vast majority, or 52, were fully vaccinated. Some had even gotten booster shots.

I hope this isn't factual.

cc

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=430339 time=1639337136 user_id=3254

It not only is not factual, it's impossible.

The ratio of vaxxed in the US is not even that high  :icon_wink: ... and even that would have to assume the unvaxxed are immune - which of course they are not (rather they are magnets for it)

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=430348 time=1639339032 user_id=88
Quote from: Fashionista post_id=430339 time=1639337136 user_id=3254

It not only is not factual, it's impossible.

The ratio of vaxxed in the US is not even that high  :icon_wink: ... and even that would have to assume the unvaxxed are immune - which of course they are not (rather they are magnets for it)

good